XY Nintendo Network + X and Y... (Event Pokémon-related)

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
This may sound like a crazy idea, but hear me out.

When event-exclusive Pokemon such as Keldeo and Shaymin are revealed, it's always expected--it's easy to take a Nintendo DS game and dump whatever's in it. Event Pokemon that were supposed to be surprises for the community were only surprises for the uninformed. The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection would have been a great opportunity to unveil these surprises...except things could only be added if the possibility for them was in the coding.

Then Nintendo Network came, an upgrade to the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Downloadable content can be obtained using Nintendo Network.

Do you get what I'm getting at here?

What if, to keep everything a surprise, Nintendo and Gamefreak released event-exclusive Pokemon as patches from Nintendo Network? They could actually add content as opposed to pretending that it was never there beforehand.

Thoughts?

RE: Nintendo Network + X and Y...

The people who have the patch would not be able to use the event pokemon against someone who doesn't. Like a Ruby vs Silver kind of thing.

Then they could have coding that simply prevents that, no? It'd prevent battles if one game's team has a Pokemon that the other game doesn't recognize.
It'd be similar to Giratina's Origin Forme and its incompatibility with Diamond and Pearl.

It's compatible; it just appears to be Altered Forme to the Diamond player.

PMJ said:
The people who have the patch would not be able to use the event pokemon against someone who doesn't. Like a Ruby vs Silver kind of thing.

Connecting with someone who has the patch downloads the patch for yourself. Similar to the Berry Glitch fix in Gen III.

Rusticks said:
PMJ said:

Connecting with someone who has the patch downloads the patch for yourself. Similar to the Berry Glitch fix in Gen III.

Except that would be a much larger download than the berry glitch patch.

The idea kind of falls apart in that it's just so much more complicated than the way they've done it so far, and for what purpose? They've never seemed particularly bothered that people know about the event legendaries ahead of time, so why would they make a whole new system just to start obfuscating them now?

Oh. Thumbs up to this idea, then.

Well, I speculated this when the 3DS was released... ;P
DorianBlack said:
The idea kind of falls apart in that it's just so much more complicated than the way they've done it so far, and for what purpose? They've never seemed particularly bothered that people know about the event legendaries ahead of time, so why would they make a whole new system just to start obfuscating them now?
Are you serious? Like, really? Think back a bit... really. Do I need to explain? Do I?
Why do you think formes exist? Why do you think gen 5 is littered with them?

RE: Nintendo Network + X and Y... (Event Pokemon-related)

How about this..
With Pokemon events, they remain as they are. With special item events, or in-game events in new areas, it should be available via DLC
New moves, pokemon, music, etc. should be applied in DLC and Updates downloaded via free DLC

i actually might have mentioned the DLC thing on another forum. I mentioned how they could use it to actually allow the player to change the soundfont or songs, get more clothing and etc. for the trainer, and possibly even be able to visit previous generations as either a remake, or a following story (Like Kano in Gen 2)

Another thing they could do is use the PGL to connect the 3DS to the PDW. They could make it so you can play the minigames on your 3DS while adventuring through the dream world on your computer. Or, they could allow players to play online minigames with other players around the world.

One final thing they could do is create a game/app for the eShop so you could get pokemon and items similar to the Dream Radar, or be like a special PC where you can check your Pokedex, PC, party, trainer, etc. (There for fun, no real use actually...)

Back