Nintendo Direct Hub

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
It just occurred to me that Pokebeach doesn't have a thread for Nintendo Directs. Lets fix that, shall we?

Latest/Upcoming Nintendo Direct

CBbXfTEWgAAKLn9.jpg

European Announcement:
A new #NintendoDirectEU airs on 02/04 at 00:00 CEST with updates for #WiiU & #3DS owners. twitch.tv/NintendoUK

Japanese Announcement:
4月2日(木)朝7時より「Nintendo Direct 2015.4.2」を放送します。今年夏までに発売予定のWii Uやニンテンドー3DSソフトの情報を中心にお届けします。#NintendoDirectJP

Times:

- Europe: 12AM (April 2nd)
- UK: 11PM
- North America (East): 6PM
- North America (West): 3PM
- Japan: 7AM

Sorry, Europeans. You've got the other end of the poor time stick. Japan is filling in for the early half and you've got the late.

What are your expectations this time? Personally, I'm looking forward to a Xenoblade X Release Date, info on Mario Kart 8's second DLC pack, Mewtwo DLC's release date, and hopefully something really big with "more information at E3" like they did back in 2013 with Mario 3D World, Smash Bros., and if memory serves correctly, Tropical Freeze.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, previously we've split up any Nintendo Direct talks into threads dealing with specific games or whatever mentioned. I'm disappointed that the Direct is so late for me. :| I guess I'll have to watch it in the morning.

Things I am hoping for:
1) English title and international release dates for Fire Emblem if.
2) A small word to assure us all that SMTxFE isn't dead in a gutter somewhere.
3) More information about the DeNA partnership that was mentioned in the recent corporate meeting and what it will mean for consumers, if it will just be a Club Nintendo replacement and communications portal, or if they really will be making a serious push into the mobile market, or whatever. I don't expect a whole lot of info on this just yet, but hopefully enough to quiet the rampant speculation that I've seen.
4) More amiibos. Because I like them.
5) Cool things.
6) Handheld Pokémon/Zelda crossover that lets you visit all the Pokémon regions and a new Hyrule-based Pokémon region.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Well, my main hopes are always news about Pokémon.
Also, the new partnership with DeNa is also something I'm looking foward and I also hope to see Nintendo's new Health bussiness come into some play on games or otherwise (showing how game mechanics, software and hardware might be helpeful).
Nintendo announcing that Kojima is now part of the team as well as Koji Igarashi and that new games from this creators are coming exclusively to the Nintendo systems! :D

Athena said:
6) Handheld Pokémon/Zelda crossover that lets you visit all the Pokémon regions and a new Hyrule-based Pokémon region.

After seeing an artwork of Deku Link, I began to think about having the Seedot line appearing as enemies or a tribe, Phantump, as well as Milotic ot the Togepi line....Victreebel and Carnivine as enemies, Bronzong, Claydol and Darmatian.

On the other side of the coin, a Link/Linkle costume for the next new protagonists (it would be sweet as a Leaf Ranger!!!).

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
Athena said:
Yeah, previously we've split up any Nintendo Direct talks into threads dealing with specific games or whatever mentioned. I'm disappointed that the Direct is so late for me. :| I guess I'll have to watch it in the morning.

Things I am hoping for:
I think Fire Emblem If is the permanent title for the game.

1) One of the things announced about the game is that choices will effect how the story progresses. This makes the title "If" a good representation of the mechanic.
2)It is similar to the title of the game Shin Megami Tensei If...

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, I've seen a lot of speculation that the international release will keep the same name, but that doesn't mean confirmation wouldn't be nice. :p

BigfootAUS

Game Dev & VR Consultant / Trainer
I'm always keen for any Pokemon-related announcements. Mewtwo's release date in Smash Bros would definitely be cool, and I'd also look forward to any new Pokemon amiibo!

Also, Australia gets Nintendo Direct too!
"Nintendo Direct is coming soon! Join us for this global presentation focusing on a variety of updates for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS owners.
Check back here on Thursday, 2 April 2015 at 9:00 AM AEDT (1 Apr 2015 at 11:00 PM UK Time) to watch the broadcast live!"

Mr.Muffin

I was thinking a lot about this because this has a lot riding on it. Pushing Zelda U back really put a large whole in the Wii U's confirmed release schedule.

My Top 5 things I think this direct needs
5)Give information on Splatoon, Yoshi's Wooly World, and Star Fox U
Nintendo is hiding a lot about their new releases, and that causes their games to kind of lose hype.
4)Indie Game Support
Nintendo has recently had a lot of really cool and interesting indie coming to their system. They need to tell people about these games. If Runbow, Steam World Heist, Mighty No. 9, and Affordable Space Adventures sell well it will tell indies that the Wii U is a viable platform for their games.
3)Talk about non-Nintendo made games....
Nintendo is getting some really cool games that they need to push really hard for the same reason as 4. The games that they need to push are Rodea, Xenoblade Chronicles X(already pushed =D), and Devil's Third.
2)Give release dates for their games.
Nintendo has an unknown Summer to end of year game list which is really frightening. They need dates to build hype behind!
1)Explain what is going on with DeNa

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Was anyone actually surprised by Zelda WiiU's delay, though? Console Zelda games get delayed so much it ought to be a trope by now. I do think that we'll see some focus on WiiU release dates as a result of that, though, as Nintendo's way of saying "well, sure, you have to wait longer for Zelda, but you have all these cool things to play in the meantime!", though I'd be really surprised if there were anything entirely new announced for the system that will come out before that.

That said, Fatal Frame 5 would be an amazing game that Nintendo could release internationally to help hold people over.... *nudge nudge*

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
Athena said:
Was anyone actually surprised by Zelda WiiU's delay, though? Console Zelda games get delayed so much it ought to be a trope by now. I do think that we'll see some focus on WiiU release dates as a result of that, though, as Nintendo's way of saying "well, sure, you have to wait longer for Zelda, but you have all these cool things to play in the meantime!", though I'd be really surprised if there were anything entirely new announced for the system that will come out before that.

That said, Fatal Frame 5 would be an amazing game that Nintendo could release internationally to help hold people over.... *nudge nudge*

Seeing how Zelda's guys (and pretty much Nintendo as a whole) are new to open-world games, taking into account the explanation given (novelty of the genre, new gameplay possibilities and ideas coming up during development) and how Nintendo cares about product quality, while I was surprise, I'm not concerned when it comes to the game itself. About WiiU's planning and sales, that's another story...

Mr.Muffin

Pretty good direct. Don't like how expensive the Smash 4 characters are. Yoshi, Splatoon, and Animal Crossing Amiibos look good.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Let's see how good I did...

Athena said:
Things I am hoping for:

1 point. Release year and no name yet, but with some other gameplay details tossed in for fun. Both Lord Kamui being the new avatar and there being 2 main storyline paths have been speculated about since the original video, but it was nice to see them confirmed. I'll post more thoughts in the FE thread.

Another 1 point, woohoo!

3) More information about the DeNA partnership that was mentioned in the recent corporate meeting and what it will mean for consumers, if it will just be a Club Nintendo replacement and communications portal, or if they really will be making a serious push into the mobile market, or whatever. I don't expect a whole lot of info on this just yet, but hopefully enough to quiet the rampant speculation that I've seen.

0 points. :< There's probably not enough of anything in a far enough stage to show it to the public yet. Oh well. Maybe next time.

4) More amiibos. Because I like them.

5 points because Yoshi's Wooly World amiibos are the cutest things ever.

5) Cool things.

11 points because FATAL FRAME 5 WAS CONFIRMED FOR WESTERN RELEASE! \o/ I did a little happy dance at that news. I've been following along with the efforts to try and convince Nintendo to release this game internationally since it was announced, but I'd more or less given up hope on a localization since it went so long without word of any kind, and, you know, it was released in Japan in September last year.

0 points because it was a joke, and of course we didn't really get any Pokémon or Zelda news of any kind.

All in all, pretty pleased. I didn't expect any huge news or anything from the Direct, and actually got more than I bargained for.

Celever

Wheeeee~
This can also act as an E3 thread right? It's basically Nintendo direct :v

From the announcement it looks like there'll be a new Punch-Out!! game, which is pretty neat. Never been a huge fan myself.
I'm expecting a proper Wii U Mario title. It could be too much wishing, but... Mario 3D World isn't at all a bad game, it's actually really good, but Nintendo can't expect us all to forget about it, right?
I'm also expectng the announcement of a special edition Wii U for the release of Yoshi's Wooly World: The gamepad is crocheted, and the console itself is knitted. Please be a thing!