TCG Fakes Ninja Penguin's Text-Based Fakes - Day and Night

Activity! :) I was getting bored of just posting a monologue of cards.
Im just curious why did you pick razor fang as your item as it only represent gliscor since weavile uses razor claw iirc.
I was doing the TPCI move of simplifying a mechanic to adapt to the TCG. Simply put, a different tool card for Weavile would mess with the natural synergy these two cards have.
Also, I'm betting on the GX being Solrock.
That is correct! This sentence is a cookie.
Basic/Solrock GX/HP 180/Psychic

Ability: Heat Absorption
Prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's [R] type Pokémon.

[P][P][P] Revolving Pull 100
You may discard 2 [P] energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, prevent all damage done to this Pokémon by attacks from your opponent's Basic Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

[C][C] Resilient Light GX
Turn the Time Counter to Day. The Time Counter cannot be turned again for the rest of the game (except by Pure Darkness GX). (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [G] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]
22/75 UR
When your Pokémon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Do you think Solrock and Lunatone are well balanced? I want them to be as close to equal as possible (just remember, Basic Pokemon are not looking that good in the next format (the expected best decks are M-Rayquaza EX, M-Mewtwo EX, and M-Gardevoir EX) and Pokemon Ranger is a thing).
P.S. Does anyone want to request anything?

Last edited:
Do you think Solrock and Lunatone are well balanced? I want them to be as close to equal as possible (just remember, Basic Pokemon are not looking that good in the next format (the expected best decks are M-Rayquaza EX, M-Mewtwo EX, and M-Gardevoir EX) and Pokemon Ranger is a thing).

So, is this set for the next rotation of cards, or does it exist in a different format? I'd suggest changing Solrock's Revolving Pull to evolved pokemon if it's for the new standard format, because of what you highlighted above.

P.S. Does anyone want to request anything?

Sure! I'll start you off with two pokemon that revolve around night and day: Umbreon and Espeon! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

So, is this set for the next rotation of cards, or does it exist in a different format? I'd suggest changing Solrock's Revolving Pull to evolved pokemon if it's for the new standard format, because of what you highlighted above.
I actually believe that is what balances it out. Potential attack locking is still powerful, especially when there are still cards like Giratina EX in the format. I personally believe Lunatone GX is the underpowered one (if one exists), with most commonly used low HP basics (Night March, Froakie, Zorua, Combee) rotating out.
I'll start you off with two pokemon that revolve around night and day: Umbreon and Espeon! I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with them.
Those two are not bolded, and technically do not count. They still will be in the set, as all Pokemon with time based evolutions will be included. That means you still have choices left.
With all that said, it's time for another Alolan Pokemon!
Basic/Cubone/HP 60/Fighting

[F] Strange Mourning 10
Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

Weakness: [W] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
23/75 C
All Cubone are born with a strange mental disorder that causes them to believe their mother is dead. It is not known why this happens.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Cubone/Marowak/HP 90/Fighting

[F][C] Bonemerang 50
At the end of your opponent's next turn, place 5 damage counters on the Defending Pokémon.

Retreat Cost: [C]
24/75 U
Nobody knows for sure how Marowak find the bones they hold, though some scholars believe that they are taken from a graveyard hidden from the eyes of humans.
Alolan Form ~ Transforms from Marowak/Alolan Marowak/HP 130/Fire

Ability: Fiery Forehead
If this Pokémon is damaged by an opponent's attack (even if this Pokémon is Knocked Out), the Defending Pokémon is now Burned.

[R][P] Magical Bone 70
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon. The new Active Pokémon can't retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: [P] x2 Resistance: [G] -20
25/75 UR
Alolan Marowak are gifted with magical abilities. This has caused Alolans to regard it as a conjurer.
With these Pokemon, I am now one-third of the way done!
P.S. Be sure to read Cubone's Dex entry.

Last edited:
Basic/Bouffalant Black Empoleon/HP 120/Colorless

Ability: Night Attacking
If the Day side of the Time Counter is face-up, you can't play this Pokémon onto your bench.

[C][C][C] Black Takeover 50+
If you played a Black Empoleon Trainer card from your hand during this turn, this attack does 90 more damage.

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance: [P] -20
Retreat Cost: [C][C]
26/75 U
Bouffalant have very strong heads. Their headbutts are so strong, they can destroy trains.
Trainer/Supporter
Jeremy Black Empoleon

You can play this card only if the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up.

Draw 3 cards. Then, your opponent discards 3 cards from his or her hand. During this turn, your Black Empoleon Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

27/75 U
This is the just the beginning of the Black Empoleon engine, so be prepared for very Black Empoleon themed updates.

Last edited:
Trainer/Stadium
Tubeline Bridge Black Empoleon

Each Black Empoleon Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's) gets +30 HP.

28/75 U
Basic/Scraggy Black Empoleon/HP 50/Darkness

[D][C] Headbutt 40

Weakness: [P] x2 Resistance: [M] -20
29/75 C
Scraggy have elastic skin. This allows them to repel attacks.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Scraggy/Scrafty Black Empoleon/HP 120/Darkness

Ability: Shed Skin
Once during your turn (before your attack), if this Pokémon us your Active Pokémon, you may flip a coin. If heads, remove all Special Conditions from this Pokémon.

[D][C][C][C] Head Smash 150
This Pokémon does 80 damage to itself.

Weakness: [P] x2 Resistance: [M] -20
Retreat Cost:
30/75 U
Scrafty have a hierarchy based on crest size. The larger the crest on top of its head, the more respected it is.

Last edited:
Basic/Piplup Black Empoleon/HP 50/Water

[W] Baby-Doll Eyes
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 30 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: [L] x2 Resistance: [M] -20
31/75 C
Piplup are very prideful Pokémon. Because of this, they refuse to except food from their trainers.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Piplup/Prinplup Black Empoleon/HP 90/Water

Ability: Huge Ego
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Prinplup is your Active Pokémon, you may flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon can't attack or retreat during your opponent's next turn. If tails, Prinplup can't attack or retreat during this turn.

[W][W] Razor Wings 50

32/75 U
Every Prinplup believes it is the most important Pokémon in the world. This causes it to live a solitary lifestyle.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Prinplup/Empoleon Black Empoleon/HP 150/Metal

Ability: Shady Acceleration
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), if the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up, you may attach a Special Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Black Empoleon Pokémon.

[M][M][C][C] Empoleon Squad 40x
This attack does 40 damage times the number of your Benched Black Empoleon Pokémon.

33/75 R
Empoleon are master survivalists. They can even swim faster than a jet boat.
As you could (probably) already tell, Empoleon is my favorite Pokemon (which is the only reason I decided to turn two trainers in the games into such a large mechanic in my set). In other news, the set is now halfway complete!
P.S. Does Shady Acceleration have the correct wording? It seems a bit off to me.

Last edited:
Basic/Piplup Black Empoleon/HP 50/Water

[W] Baby-Doll Eyes
During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 40 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

31/75 C
Piplup are very prideful Pokémon. Because of this, they refuse to except food from their trainers.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Piplup/Prinplup Black Empoleon/HP 90/Water

Ability: Huge Ego
Once during your turn (before your attack), if Prinplup is your Active Pokémon, you may flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's Active Pokémon can't attack or retreat during your opponent's next turn. If tails, Prinplup can't attack or retreat during this turn.

[W][W] Razor Wings 50

32/75 U
Every Prinplup believes it is the most important Pokémon in the world. This causes it to live a solitary lifestyle.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Prinplup/Empoleon Black Empoleon/HP 150/Metal

Ability: Shady Acceleration
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), if the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up, you may attach a Special Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Black Empoleon Pokémon.

[M][M][C][C] Empoleon Squad 40x
This attack does 40 damage times the number of your Benched Black Empoleon Pokémon.

33/75 R
Empoleon are master survivalists. They can even swim faster than a jet boat.
As you could (probably) already tell, Empoleon is my favorite Pokemon (which is the only reason I decided to turn two trainers in the games into such a large mechanic in my set). In other news, the set is now halfway complete!
P.S. Does Shady Acceleration have the correct wording? It seems a bit off to me.
Baby Doll Eyes might be a little powerful for a Basic, maybe drop it to 20 or 30? Since Shady Acceleration uses your own mechanic I can't be too sure about that part, but the rest of the ability's right.

If you're still taking requests, could you do a Honchkrow?

Basic/Sandile Black Empoleon/HP 60/Fighting

[F] Swagger
The Defending Pokémon is now Confused. During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is increased by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: [G] x2 Resistance: [L] -20
34/75 C
Sandile creep below the surface of the sand with only their nose and eyes visible. They love to sneak up on unsuspecting trainers.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Sandile/Krokorok Black Empoleon/HP 90/Fighting

[F] Embargo
During your opponent's next turn, each Pokémon Tool card in play has no effect.

[F][C][C] Bite 50

35/75 U
The membrane covering Krokorok's eyes serves two purposes, shielding its eyes from sandstorms and sensing the heat of objects.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Krokorok/Krookodile/HP 140/Fighting

Ability: Clamping Jaw
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, if the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up, your opponent's Pokémon can't retreat.

[F][F][F][F] Outrage 140
If you used this attack during your last turn, this Pokemon is now Confused.

36/75 R
Their imposing jaws never allow prey to escape. They try to clamp down on everything that moves.
Trainer/Item
Black Empoleon Ball Black Empoleon

Discard a card from your hand. (If you can't discard a card, you can't play this card.) Search your deck for a Black Empoleon Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. Then, draw a card.

37/75 U
@double o squirtle Do you want your Honchkrow to be a Black Empoleon Pokemon?

Last edited:
Basic/Sandile Black Empoleon/HP 60/Fighting

[F] Swagger
The Defending Pokémon is now Confused. During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is increased by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

34/75 C
Sandile creep below the surface of the sand with only their nose and eyes visible. They love to sneak up on unsuspecting trainers.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Sandile/Krokorok Black Empoleon/HP 90/Fighting

[F] Embargo
During your opponent's next turn, each Pokémon Tool card in play has no effect.

[F][C][C] Bite 50

35/75 U
The membrane covering Krokorok's eyes serves two purposes, shielding its eyes from sandstorms and sensing the heat of objects.
Stage 2 ~ Evolves from Krokorok/Krookodile/HP 140/Fighting

Ability: Clamping Jaw
As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, your opponent's Pokémon can't retreat.

[F][F][F][F] Outrage 140
If you use this attack two turns in a row, this Pokémon is now Confused.

36/75 R
Their imposing jaws never allow prey to escape. They try to clamp down on everything that moves.
Trainer/Item
Black Empoleon Ball Black Empoleon

Discard a card from your hand. (If you can't discard a card, you can't play this card.) Search your deck for a Black Empoleon Pokémon, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. Then, draw a card.

37/75 U
@double o squirtle Do you want your Honchkrow to be a Black Empoleon Pokemon?
I'll leave that up to you. I don't mind if it's a Black Empoleon Pokemon or not, I just want it to be decent. :)

I'll leave that up to you. I don't mind if it's a Black Empoleon Pokemon or not, I just want it to be decent. :)
Okay, here it is:
Basic/Murkrow Black Empoleon/HP 70/Darkness

Ability: Shiny Thief
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may use this ability. Move a Pokémon Tool card from your opponent's Active Pokémon to Murkrow.

[D] Peck 10

Retreat Cost:
80/75 C
Murkrow are said to be the favorite Pokémon of Hex Maniacs. This has caused them to grow their unnatural feather shape.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Murkrow/Honchkrow Black Empoleon/HP 110/Darkness

[D][C] Dark Pulse 40

[D][D][D][D][D] Deadly Gambit
If the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up and your opponent has 1 Prize card remaining, flip a coin. If heads, you win this game. If tails, you lose this game.

Retreat Cost:
81/75 R
Every Honchkrow controls a gang of Murkrow. Whenever one calls, all the Murkrow will come swarming to its aid.
Energy/Special Energy
Gang-Up Energy

This card can only be attached to Black Empoleon Pokémon. This card provides [C] Energy.

The attacks of the Black Empoleon Pokémon this card is attached to aren't affected by Resistance or any other effects on your opponent's Active Pokémon.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Black Empoleon Pokémon, discard this card.)

38/75 U
This brings us to the end of the Black Empoleon block (unless anyone requests a Black Empoleon Pokemon)! @double o squirtle are you happy with your request? It's certainly very unique.
P.S. I know I skipped the Joltik line, even though Jeremy has one. Joltik has been getting too much love from TPCI and I don't want to add to it.
P.P.S. I was wrong when I said I was halfway done a couple of posts ago. Now, I am actually halfway done.

Last edited:
Just so you know, Krookodile should be worded [Reference: Beedrill ROS, Cinccino LTR]:

If you used this attack during your last turn, this Pokemon is now Confused.​

I'm back!!!
Restored ~ Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of Sail Fossil/Amaura/HP 80/Water

Ability: Night Transformation
If the Day side of the Time Counter is face-up, this Pokémon can't evolve.

[W] Powder Snow 20

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance: [R] -20
39/75 U
100 Million Years Ago, Amaura were protected from vicious predators by their cold habitat.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Amaura/Aurorus/HP 150/Water

Ability: Diamond Wall
Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, including damage, done to each of your Restored Pokémon. (Existing effects are not removed.)

[W][W][C] Freeze Dry 90+
If the Defending Pokémon is [W] type, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance: [R] -20
40/75 R
Aurorus control ice crystals that can protect it from anything, even a vicious Tyrantrum.
I was having writers's block on how to make this fossil, but I've figured out a cool mechanic for them (you will see it next post).
P.S. You all know how Sail Fossil works, so I won't even bother posting it here
P.P.S. The wording is probably messed up, since I was super rushed when making these.

Last edited:
Restored ~ Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of Jaw Fossil/Tyrunt/HP 70/Fighting

Ability: Day Transformation
If the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up, this Pokémon can't evolve.

[F] Bite 10+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness: [W] x2 Resistance: [G] -20
41/75 U
A Tyrunt's jaws are strong enough to crush an automobile.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Tyrunt/Tyrantrum/HP 140/Fighting

[C][C] Stomp 60

[F][F][F] Prey on the Weak
If the Defending Pokémon is a Basic Pokémon, it is Knocked Out. (If the Defending Pokémon is not a Basic Pokémon, this attack does nothing.)

Weakness: [W] x2 Resistance: [G] -20
42/75 R
Tyrantrum always behave as if they were kings. This has caused them to get into many fights with royalty.
Trainer/Item
Passage of Time

If you have turned the Time Counter at least twice this turn, you may put 2 Restored Pokémon from your discard pile onto your Bench.

43/75 U
Can anybody suggest a better name for Passage of Time?

New Gen 7 Pokemon:
Basic/Bruxish/HP 90/Psychic

Ability: Hideous Gashing
If Bruxish is your Active Pokémon and is damaged by an opponent's attack, your opponent switches his or her Active Pokémon with 1 of his or her Benched Pokémon.

[P][C][C] Psychic Radar 20
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with his or her Active Pokémon. This attack does 20 damage to the new Active Pokémon.

Weakness: [D] x2 Resistance:
45/75 U
Bruxish are used by lifeguards to prevent dangerous water Pokémon from invading an area.
Basic/Mimikyu/HP 80/Fairy

Ability: Utter Loneliness
Once during your turn (before your attack), discard one of your Benched Pokémon and all cards attached to it (this does not count as a Knock Out).

[Y][C] Mysterious Illness
The Defending Pokémon is now Confused and Poisoned.

Weakness: [P] x2 Resistance: [D] -20
46/75 U
Mimikyu model themselves after Pikachu merchandise. Anyone who sees the true Mimikyu will be scarred for life.
Remember, you can request any Trainer who appears in the games.

Basic/Pikachu/HP 60/Lightning

Ability: Gaining Weight
At any time between turns, if this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, heal 10 damage from this Pokémon.

[L][C] Thunder Jolt 20

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance: [M] -20
Retreat Cost:
47/75 C
Pikachu do not know how powerful their charge is. This causes many bunt berries to be found in the woods.
Stage 1 ~ Evolves from Pikachu/Raichu/HP 100/Lighting

[L] Electro Ball 10x
This attack does 10 damage times the number of [C] in your opponent's Active Pokémon's Retreat Cost.

[L][L] Thunder 70
Discard all Energy attached to this Pokémon. This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance: [M] -20
Retreat Cost:
48/75 U
Raichu has so much energy, it could power the entire Lumiose City.
Alolan Form ~ Transforms from Raichu/Alolan Raichu/HP 130/Psychic

Ability: Surge Surfer
Each of your [L] and [P] Pokémon has no Retreat Cost.

[P][C][C] Sweet Addiction
At the end of your opponent's next turn, the Defending Pokémon is Knocked Out.

Weakness: [D] x2 Resistance: [F] -20
Retreat Cost:
49/75 UR
Some scientists believe that Alolan Raichu change form because they eat too many pancakes.

It's GX Time:
Basic/Heliolisk GX/HP 170/Lightning

Ability: Stimulation
When you play this Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench, you may attach a [L] Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon. If you do, switch this Pokémon with your Active Pokémon.

[L][L][L] Parabolic Charge 90
If the Day side of the Time Counter is face-up, Heal from this Pokémon the same amount of damage you did to the Defending Pokémon.

[L][L] Eerie Impulse GX
The attacks of each Pokémon in play (both yours and your opponent's) do 20 less damage to the Defending Pokémon for the rest of the game (before applying Weakness and Resistance). (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [F] x2 Resistance:
Retreat Cost:
50/75 UR
When your Pokémon GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Trainer/Stadium
Hotel Richissime

Once during each player's turn, that player may search their deck for Supporter card and a Pokémon, reveal them, and put them into their hand. Shuffle their deck afterward. If he or she does, that player's turn ends.

51/75 U
Does Eerie Impulse GX work for the rest of the game? If it does not, how do I make it work for the rest of the game?
Also, how do I correctly incorporate the deck shuffling into Hotel Richissime?
P.S. I am now two-thirds of the way done!

Last edited:
For the Eerie Impulse GX to work for the entire rest of the game, you'd have to add a "for the rest of the game" after "the Defending Pokemon". [Ref: Umbreon Promo]

However, I'd say that the effect is probably too powerful if it lasted for the entire game. To be on the safe side I would recommend making it less generic (i.e. only reduces damage done to Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon [this also excludes Megas, which I think is good]) or making it last "as long as" something, a bit like Haxorus BKT.

However, I'd say that the effect is probably too powerful if it lasted for the entire game. To be on the safe side I would recommend making it less generic (i.e. only reduces damage done to Stage 1 and Stage 2 Pokemon [this also excludes Megas, which I think is good]) or making it last "as long as" something, a bit like Haxorus BKT.
I have to disagree with this. First, it's using up your GX attack. Second, it's only as good as a hard charm (which never got played). Third, it uses an attack for the turn. Finally, it requires Lighting energy (the only mega that can use Lightning energy is Ampharos, and that's not threatening).
Do you have any wording for Hotel Richissime?
Basic/Minior/HP 100/Colorless

Ability: Shields Down
If this Pokémon has no damage counters, any damage done to this Pokémon by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance). If this Pokémon has any damage counters, the attacks of this Pokémon do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

[C][C] Spiky Spin 40
This attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: [L] x2 Resistance: [P] -20
52/75 R
Minior are formed in the stratosphere. When they are heavy, they fall towards the ground.
Trainer/Stadium
Royal Unova

Once during each player's turn, if the Night side of the Time Counter is face-up, that player may flip a coin. If heads, that player's Stage 1 Pokémon may evolve during this turn.

53/75 U

I have to disagree with this. First, it's using up your GX attack. Second, it's only as good as a hard charm (which never got played). Third, it uses an attack for the turn. Finally, it requires Lighting energy (the only mega that can use Lightning energy is Ampharos, and that's not threatening).
Here's my reasons:
- It's an easy Hard Charm for everything that can never be turned off. Twenty less damage, in addition to things like Fighting Fury Belt, will be able to make powerhouses quite bulky. Hard Charm was not played primarily because Muscle Band was better.
- To [L][L] isn't too difficult to reach, especially in the right engine. If it was [L][L][C], that'd be a different matter.
- If you use the attack early (which is what you would normally do), then it's in play for the rest of the game.

Basically it's a red flag for me since your opponent cannot counter it at all and because it's not too difficult to pull off.

Hotel Richissime looks worded fine.

Back