bwyattvirtue13

Aspiring Trainer
Why are ex's worse than V's? Like the stage ones and twos should be better than V's but that's rarely the case. There's a couple good Pokémon ex but overall V, Vmax, and VSTAR are all better. Like the HP most of the time is pretty good and being only 2 prize is nice but the attacks seem to be lacking.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
for a pokemon with 81 base special attack, they sure do go out of their way to accurately portray that in this thing's cards

Bid

Steel-type Trainer
Everyone always looks at these new cards in the context of the current meta, rightfully so to some degree, but you have to consider how these weaker cards point to a longer term goal.

A few rotations from now when E and F are gone..I'm predicting these Scarlet and Violet cards will be a lot stronger when the meta is cards G H and I for example. They have to downcycle power to create space to bring stats back up, otherwise it would be continuous power creep and we would have 450hp 2 prizers hitting for 360.
I would like to agree with you but we see some meta cards rn with attacks doing damage that can afford sword shield block.

creg22

Aspiring Trainer
The charizard is the only ex in this set that will see play, amd that's only because of the dark zard that's coming and the pogo zard. Charizard ex will be a deck.

Ditto is the only other good card in the set

CPyungn

Aspiring Trainer
I would like to agree with you but we see some meta cards rn with attacks doing damage that can afford sword shield block.
Wouldn’t miraidon be the only good ex? Gardy without refinement Kirlia will still be good but not broken

Reactions: Bid

JaniK

Aspiring Trainer
The charizard is the only ex in this set that will see play, amd that's only because of the dark zard that's coming and the pogo zard. Charizard ex will be a deck.

Ditto is the only other good card in the set
I believe Blastoise ex is good too because it can hit 280 which is good damage. With Cleansing gloves it can ohko Garde ex. and he is water type and Irida makes it easier to set upp