Ruling Nihilego-GX vs Salazzle-GX

semurphy444

Aspiring Trainer
I think this is pretty straight forward based upon wording- but just want to confirm.

Nihilego-GX's Parasite-GX attack puts 2 cards into your opponent's prizes. Thus creating an 8 prize card game.

If you as the opponent then attack with Diabolical Claws- (50x Times # of prizes you've taken)- If you just had 1 left, thustly taken 7 prizes- that will do 350 damage?

I think both players will remember- 'I used Parasite, You're attacking with Claws, and even though there are 4 Prize cards- you've took 4... so its 200. Not 100 (6-4).' Or will any other counter be needed on board to display this condition- besides of course the Nihilego's GX being flipped?

That's a good point, but I feel it would still be the normal 6, so you would do 200 if there are 2 left even if your already took 6 due to the GX attack of Nihilego. I could be wrong.

There's an old ruling for a similar effect here:

Q. If the opponent has already drawn 2 prizes in the game, and then I use Dialga & Palkia LEGEND's "Time Control" attack to add two more prizes, how much damage would my Mismagius [GL]'s "Grudge" attack do on the following turn?
A. Even though the Time Control attack added two prizes to your opponent's pile, they have still taken two prizes during the game. So Grudge would do 20 damage plus 10 more for each of the prize cards they have already taken. (HS:Triumphant FAQ; Nov 4, 2010 PUI Rules Team)

So, unless they decide to change it, you would indeed do 350 damage.

That's a good point, but I feel it would still be the normal 6, so you would do 200 if there are 2 left even if your already took 6 due to the GX attack of Nihilego. I could be wrong.
The attack does damage based off what you've taken, not how many are left, Nihilego just makes it so you have to take more prizes meaning salazzle can get for more... although anything over 250 is unnecessary anyway haha

Back