Night March Variants

Camoclone

TCG Articles Head
This thread is used for all competitive discussion on Night March variants in the Expanded format. This includes strategies, playstyles, and techs.

You may post decklists here, but only as a means to add to the discussion. If you're looking for advice on your list, post in the Deck Garage.

Articles:

Night March Skeleton List:

Pokémon: 17
  • 4 Pumpkabo (PHF 44)
  • 4 Joltik (PHF 42)
  • 4 Lampent (PHF 26)
  • 2 Mew-EX (DRX 120)
  • 3 Shaymin-EX (ROS 106)
Trainers: 30
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 1 N
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Dimension Valley
Energy: 7
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 3 Lightning Energy
Open Spots: 6

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
I'm still new to the deck in Expanded, but wouldn't it be better to run Prism Energy over Lightning or a split between the two? Joltik can still attack with it, and it allows Mew to copy stuff like Hammerhead, Evil Ball, Attack Command, Spinning Turn, etc; and it also enables Pumpkaboo to attack in a pinch without Dimension Valley in play.
Of course, this would also increase your vulnerability to Aegislash, but that can be solved with Silent Lab/Lysandre/Hex Maniac (although the latter shuts down Archeops).

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
I'm still new to the deck in Expanded, but wouldn't it be better to run Prism Energy over Lightning or a split between the two? Joltik can still attack with it, and it allows Mew to copy stuff like Hammerhead, Evil Ball, Attack Command, Spinning Turn, etc; and it also enables Pumpkaboo to attack in a pinch without Dimension Valley in play.
Of course, this would also increase your vulnerability to Aegislash, but that can be solved with Silent Lab/Lysandre/Hex Maniac (although the latter shuts down Archeops).

So the issue with Prism would be as you said Aegislash EX, but it also is easily removed by Enhanced Hammer and Xerosic as well. DCE is just a better option and splitting Lighting Energy and Prism would make it that much harder to manage. You could run Prism to get other damaging based attacks as well an for one less possible energy as well due to Dimension Valley, but you're setting yourself up to be an open target with Mew-EX by doing that and lowering your chances of getting off more Night March attacks.

Sinthrill

Aspiring Trainer

I considered the same thing, but there is just too much hate for Special Energy. Having more on top of the DCE seemed too risky in terms of consistency.

On the other hand, I've seen some lists running AZ to pick the Shaymin EX back up for more cards instead of one Prof Sycamore. What about lists for those of us that have had abysmal luck and don't have any Shaymins? Right now I have an extra N and some Roller Skates along with a 3rd Mew EX, but I feel like I'm missing a trainer that would help out more than either of those. Bicycle seemed decent as it's fairly easy to turn it into 2 other cards and doesn't rely on a flip, but it never really added up to enough to make the difference.

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
With BREAKpoint out, take out Muscle Band and put in Fighting Fury Belt. This deck welcomes the much-needed bulk (even at the expense of a bit of power).