• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Night March - League Challenge

DLyne

OG TRAINER, DECK CONSTRUCTION GURU
Need some insight on my night march deck. Got a league challenge coming up this weekend. Gonna be running into anti ex/GX decks and baby buzzwoles for my local meta... Plus various other things...

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 20

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Tauros-GX SUM 144
* 2 Marshadow-GX PR-SM SM59
* 4 Joltik PHF 26
* 1 Latios SLG 41
* 4 Pumpkaboo PHF 44
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Lampent PHF 42

##Trainer Cards - 36

* 1 Gladion CIN 109
* 2 Lusamine CIN 96
* 1 Acerola BUS 112
* 3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 2 Special Charge STS 105
* 3 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 1 Teammates PRC 160
* 2 Muscle Band XY 121
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 4

* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

One obvious addition could be Mew or Mew ex... to copy and use attacks of my pokemon....

Any other ideas?

I don't see the reason of Latios, gladion, lusamine, acerola, nest ball and cynthia being there.

- Gladion helps to get a Double-colorless if it's prized
- Lusamine returns the Dimension Valley back along with it another copy of itself making an never ending return loop for supporters or field cards, once per turn of course
- Nest ball to get any Pokemon onto the bench as they are all basics...
- Cynthia for hand refresh without losing anything... yes you could use Sycamore instead but the loss of puzzle of time means you have to be careful what you lose to the discard pile as you have no way of getting it back.
- Acerola returns Marshadow back to hand without losing it for 2 prizes to your opponent. Plus works good to transfer double colorless to another pokemon if you havent attached for turn. Marshadow, Tauros, and Latios can take a hit, Acerola back to hand, promote Joltik or pumpkaboo up, attached energy, night march for hit or knockout
- Latios is kinda the my odd choice of the deck... gives marshadow an extra attack to work with off of a double colorless cost... kinda situational but has worked to snipe another night march joltik on opponent's bench

The original list is not my own... i've only made slight modifications to it...

Things I don't recommend at all :
- nest ball is useless if you have 10 attacking pokemons and 4 ultra balls. It's almost 1/4 card so when your first turns are shaymin to see multiple hands, it's not useful. Nest ball doesn't work with shaymin or tapu lele as well. For me, it's really bad because the main idea of your deck is to reduce your hand to one or two and shaymin to draw early.
- Gladion : town map is just better because it's easy to even find 1 DCE when 2 are prized when you are playing night march (first explosives turns with shaymin) and you will get easily early knock outs to get your prized DCEs out.

Things that I don't recomment but that are not bad :
- Latios is mostly useful against night marsh and it doesn't even OHK0 buzzwole. It can poke down your opponent before big KO. But if you want a tech for these two decks, take oricorio. As well it's good to finish games in other matchups. It's another option.
- Cynthia : I think professor + more recovery options (rescue stretcher, oranguru) is better because you want to see more cards and discard your night marchers. For this, sycamore is just a better option. If you wanna be conservative at any point of the game, you can N (include it, it's too strong, that's not an option!) It's easy to find the combo battle compressor + vs seeker at any moment.
- Lusamine is good, but it's easy to find the combo battle compressor + vs seeker so you don't have to play two. Another choice can be to replace this card by another dimension valley.
- As well, choice band can be a better option that muscle band (cause a muscle band if just one more night marcher in the discard) because if you wanna hit 210hp, you need that extra 10 dmg to OHK0 with 8 night marchers in the discard pile.

Personnally, I always make 60+ cards lists and I cut after. My current 66 cards list is :

4 Joltik PHF 26
4 Lampent PHF 42
4 Pumpkaboo PHF 44
3 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 137
1 Marshadow-GX BUS 137
1 Mew FAC 29
1 Oranguru SUM 113
1 Oranguru UPR 114

1 Tauros-GX SUM 100
1 Giratina PR-XY XY184
1 Mr. Mime BKT 97
1 Oricorio GRI 56

4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
1 N NVI 101
1 Guzma BUS 115
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Teammates PRC 141
1 Xerosic PHF 110
1 Pokemon Ranger STS 104

4 VS Seeker PHF 109
4 Ultra Ball ROS 93
4 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
1 Field Blower GRI 125
2 Special Charge STS 105
1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128
2 Choice Band BUS 162
1 Float Stone BKT 137
2 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
1 Town Map BKT 150

3 Dimension Valley PHF 93

4 Double Colorless Energy EVO 90

I would cut Tauros / Giratina / Mr Mime / Town map / Xerosic / Pokémon ranger in you context.

Back