NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

safariblade said:
Anyone interested in making a PokéBeach fantasy league? (Or do we have one?)

CCloud was the brainchild behind the idea of a Pokebeach Fantasy Football league, but he's not active anymore it seems.

I can create one for you guys; do you guys want ESPN's Fantasy server or try something different like NFL.com?

I wish tonight's game would be a good one, but I think Seattle should easily beat the spread of 6.

Patriots Fan said:
Espn works fine :)

I'll probably create a private league this weekend. I want to know how many are interested before creating the FF league tho.

We may end up starting a week later because unless we get the Fantasy Draft done really early Sunday morning, we'll miss the bulk of the Sunday games.

Tails said:
Patriots Fan said:
Espn works fine :)

I'll probably create a private league this weekend. I want to know how many are interested before creating the FF league tho.

We may end up starting a week later because unless we get the Fantasy Draft done really early Sunday morning, we'll miss the bulk of the Sunday games.

That's ok. Gives extra time to see who's interested.

I'll create a league with 8 spots on it. It'll be a private league and I'll send out a Private Message to all those interested how to get into the league after I create it.

Tails said:
I'll create a league with 8 spots on it. It'll be a private league and I'll send out a Private Message to all those interested how to get into the league after I create it.

I'll play.

I'd like for us to draft before Sunday's slate of games though, if that's not too short of notice and you can find enough people.

The problem is now, I did have an NFL.com league created, but if you wanted to create a ESPN.com league CC, we can do that.

I kind of really put myself in an awkward position.

Wow. Miami beats New England in the season opener. I did not see that coming, but I am super happy because of it! What a transformed team! Hopefully they keep up this momentum all season long. Phins up!

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Wow. Miami beats New England in the season opener. I did not see that coming, but I am super happy because of it! What a transformed team! Hopefully they keep up this momentum all season long. Phins up!
Don't get your hopes up. Last year, the Fins put so much effort into beating the Pats in the 2nd meeting, that they didn't have any left for the last 2 games of the season and they choked away a wild card spot. Jets, Fns and Bills fans can celebrate all they want when they split the season series with the Pats, but that doesn't do much when the Pats are still standing once Week 17 is over, and the rest of the AFC East ends up watching the playoffs from their couch... just saying ^.^

Patriots Fan said:
Don't get your hopes up. Last year, the Fins put so much effort into beating the Pats in the 2nd meeting, that they didn't have any left for the last 2 games of the season and they choked away a wild card spot. Jets, Fns and Bills fans can celebrate all they want when they split the season series with the Pats, but that doesn't do much when the Pats are still standing once Week 17 is over, and the rest of the AFC East ends up watching the playoffs from their couch... just saying ^.^

Spoken like a typical NE fan.

Miami worked hard in the off-season. Tannehill has improved with every season, newcomer Moreno has already proved to be a force to be reckoned with, and there's no denying how much their defense has improved. It was 20-10 at the half, 20-33 in the end. Miami played hard, but I highly doubt they used up all their steam.

There will come a time when Pats fans won't think they're entitled to a spot in the playoffs. It most likely won't be this year, but it will happen. Teams change. The Tom Bradys of the league start sucking and get old and retire.

God, that performance for Dallas was AWFUL. They just couldn't do anything right at all. And nothing went right on defense either, of course nothing will this year.

They are just THAT awful.

Efing Fox! They rather cover a game in which a team is winning by 18 points than break away to cover a game with 3 point spread and less than 2 minutes left. Not that it ended up mattering.

Patriots Fan said:

Spoken like a typical NE fan.

Miami worked hard in the off-season. Tannehill has improved with every season, newcomer Moreno has already proved to be a force to be reckoned with, and there's no denying how much their defense has improved. It was 20-10 at the half, 20-33 in the end. Miami played hard, but I highly doubt they used up all their steam.

There will come a time when Pats fans won't think they're entitled to a spot in the playoffs. It most likely won't be this year, but it will happen. Teams change. The Tom Bradys of the league start sucking and get old and retire.
And you speak like a typical Fins fan... I swear, it feels like you guys win the Super Bowl everytime you beat the Pats. Say what you want, but Pats fans don't celebrate victories against above average teams as if we had won the Super Bowl

We'll see 16 weeks from now, but I would be surprised if the Fins get in. Pats aren't entitled to anything, they've had towork just like any other team to get to the post season. They're above the rest of the AFC East though, and should be enroute to a 4th straight AFC Championship game if they stay healthy. Only teams that pose a threat are the Broncos and Bengals.

Please. The Pats have been good for a long ass time and the Phins have been bad to subpar for a long ass time, so forgive me and every other Phin fan for wanting to celebrate a huge win against a very good rival. This is like beating a dead horse though, so I'm done with this topic.

In other news, I was on the edge of my seat last night during the SD-AZ game because in my FF league, the guy I was up against had AZ defense and if I won or not depended on how well they did (and if Fitzgerald scored or not, which luckily he did not). Thanks to a few more scores by SD, AZ lost some points and I was able to win by 2. Whew! Any other close calls on any of your teams?

Please. The Pats have been good for a long ass time and the Phins have been bad to subpar for a long ass time, so forgive me and every other Phin fan for wanting to celebrate a huge win against a very good rival. This is like beating a dead horse though, so I'm done with this topic.

In other news, I was on the edge of my seat last night during the SD-AZ game because in my FF league, the guy I was up against had AZ defense and if I won or not depended on how well they did (and if Fitzgerald scored or not, which luckily he did not). Thanks to a few more scores by SD, AZ lost some points and I was able to win by 2. Whew! Any other close calls on any of your teams?

Carson Palmer came through in the clutch, helped me tie for first place in my pick 'em league :D

Back