NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Chip Kelly doesn't run an extremely fast-paced offense. He's probably going to show a lot more affinity for running the ball than the Eagles have in past years, which will be great for McCoy and the defense. I'm not saying their defense is great or anything, but Chip Kelly's style isn't going to be hurting them too much.

How do you guys think the Kansas City Chiefs will do? They have a great coach in Andy Reid. Alex Smith has great quarterback skills. They have one of the best running backs: Jamaal Charles. They also have a pretty strong defense.

The Chiefs are going to do much better this year. I love Reid, though as I think it was a good move on the Eagles' part to let go of him. Smith is talented, and Charles will do well if their O-Line can perform.

Unfortunately, they're in the same division as the Broncos, and I really don't see them doing better than the Broncos team we saw on Thursday. Maybe the Chiefs will surprise us and slip into a WC spot, but I wouldn't bet on them making the playoffs.

scizorlicious said:
Chip Kelly doesn't run an extremely fast-paced offense. He's probably going to show a lot more affinity for running the ball than the Eagles have in past years, which will be great for McCoy and the defense. I'm not saying their defense is great or anything, but Chip Kelly's style isn't going to be hurting them too much.

I don't think the defense will be too terrible all the time. I honestly don't think we'll ever see a defense as horrible as the Saints' defense was last year.

RE: Is Homosexuality a Choice?

.maiden said:
If society commanded you to become homosexual would you do it? Thought so.

Actually choosing not to would be a choice I agree with the rest of your post though.

Isn't asking if homosexuality is a choice like asking who you fall in love with a choice?

Poor Bengals...thank goodness I at least had AJ Green for my Fantasy draft, but...dat defense. And we spent all that money...

Ready for Harry Douglas' breakout season. I've liked him as a player since last years playoff games, and just picked him up on my fantasy team (my real one).

The Cleveland Browns are once again the biggest laughing stock of the NFL they just gave the Colts Trent Richardson away like he was nothing.

I feel bad for Clevelanders, and we're already like what 1 or 2 weeks into the season and this happens the Browns must really be in panic mode or something, if they think drafting Johnny "Football" Manziel (they are a big suckers for QBs and Manziel is going to end up being a bust regardless which team drafts him) is going to change the team around not a chance, it takes a whole team to go all the way and the Browns, plus thy have a decent D-line and O-line they have no QB or any playmaking WRs and they just go and trade their best playmaker on the team to the Colts.

Who knows I might be wrong on this, either way it's a dark time in Cleveland.

Alright so it seems pretty much everyone here is saying that it's not a choice. Alright then let's say that it's "not a choice", however everything related to it is. I met a guy once who said "I don't know about the others but I didn't choose to be discriminated against". Fact? Yes he did. He could have easily chosen not to date. Maybe not to call attention to himself. (His username was "The Gaymer") That's not the thing though. Being "Discriminated against" doesn't seem like that much of an issue here. Right now gay people seem to be praised for "being themselves" and "not letting society change them" when in fact society seems to be in favor of them. I hear the polls are at 60% in favor of gay marriage meanwhile the other 40% are usually thought of as "homophobes, bigots, religious peeps, and old people". It seems more to me like anyone not in favor of homosexuals are the ones being looked down on by society. This "equality" everyone seems to be rooting for is a myth much like what people are calling religious beliefs. The more homosexuals are supported the less religion is. There were people who raised a storm because a lesbian was kicked out of a Christian school for being a lesbian. Well? Duh? It was there in the rules. No sex of any kind, even straight, no homosexual relationships. So maybe she didn't choose to be a lesbian. Alright? Then why didn't she choose to go to a different school or to wait until she graduated? So not even Christian schools who deny sex of any kind should be allowed to kick out a lesbian. That's what much of society is saying.

The argument that others orientations doesn't concern you? Yes it does. Maybe you just find it squicky because it's not in your "tastes" just like you don't want to listen to bad music everywhere you go. Maybe you don't want it to be so mainstream that it becomes impossible to ignore. What's more there are people saying if you don't like it then ignore it. How are people supposed to ignore it in this day and age? You know Hollywood is already shoehorning in homosexuals into everything because it's so "modern". People are treating it as some kind of new ethnic group. Like changing your preference would be the same as changing your race or your gender. That's absolutely false. So it would be just as hard for me to be a white guy as it would be for me to start hitting on guys? Not seeing it. Sorry.

I don't go around complaining to everyone about how I'm discriminated against every time some guy uses the "N word" or every time someone adds "666" to the end of their name and neither does anyone else. The same can't be said if you say something bad about homosexuals. The guy here who called religion a despicable act got 7 likes, and no one said anything about that until now. Well I'm Black and I'm Christian and I'm not crying about either.

EDIT: I came back and changed a lot.

I personally think that there are a LOT of factors that can key into homosexuality.

For a lot, it was not a choice and it was just the kind of brain they were born with. For others, it was affected by their surrounding environment. For some, it was how they were raised. And I've heard before that some just want to experiment, or do it for social reasons or because they have something against the opposite sex. The list of reasons can go on. Most people in society tend to be straight just because it is majority and it is just what most people are raised to believe, it is the most popular influence. If you are solely raised on the thought that being straight is right and being gay is wrong, and if you never even knew gay people existed until your early teens (maybe not in this day in age but back then), your mind is already so set into being straight that you wouldn't even think of it. Choice or not, it may or may not be a chemical in the brain or just adaptation over time.

A lot of people tend not to discover/decide they are homosexual until years later. That being said, you could possibly categorize it into "true homosexuals" and "choice homosexuals", and there are also the ones that were always homosexual but are only just now discovering it, but either way you look at it, they are virtually the same no matter how they got there. Whenever someone brings up the argument "Who would want to choose the kind of lifestyle where you are shunned/hated?", I just think that it isn't something everyone thinks too much about if they are passionate enough about their decision. When you are passionate enough about something, you are willing to put up with all the crap thrown at you, whether it be your choice or not. It isn't as easy as just waking up one day and thinking, "Today, I will be gay." Its more like, you would weigh out your preferences and think on it for a long time before making your decision.

As far as the chemical and the wiring in the brain go, sure, some or most are born with the true homosexual trait. I am not huge on science and things of that matter so this is just my own theory, please don't rage if I am completely off track, but maybe this chemical in the brain is released when you begin to adapt to your preference. Kind of like when pheromones are released when you see a person you really like.

Everyone has a different story to tell, and I don't think there is a single right or wrong reason as to why someone can be homosexual. I believe both that it CANNOT be a choice, and that it CAN be a choice. I don't see why it can't be both.

EDIT (yes again): Yeah... I can't stop making edits. This entire thread was a very interesting read and I enjoy seeing everyone's viewpoints. I have to admit, some of my opinions may have swayed slightly on the matter.

I am a 100% supporter. And I think it is wrong the way homosexuals are discriminated against. It is one thing if you are religious and believe that it is wrong yet you accept your friends for who they are anyway and don't make a fuss about it, and it's another thing that you refuse understand the life these kind of people go through in order to be themselves. My dad is one of these close-minded people that always say "IT WAS ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE." Ugh.

Colress said:
Equinox said:
A better question yet, "Why do we even care if they're homosexual or not?"

Exactly. Referring to my first post, why can we not see past our differences and just accept each other for the one thing we all are -- human? If we are to move forward, we must erase the concept of labels from our society.

tumblr_mh361vww7N1qcran6o1_500.jpg

Zielo said:
EDIT: I came back and changed a lot.

I personally think that there are a LOT of factors that can key into homosexuality.

For a lot, it was not a choice and it was just the kind of brain they were born with. For others, it was affected by their surrounding environment. For some, it was how they were raised. And I've heard before that some just want to experiment, or do it for social reasons or because they have something against their own sex.I believe you meant to say "against the opposite sex" The list of reasons can go on. Most people in society tend to be straight just because it is majority and it is just what most people are raised to believe,That contradicts the idea that it's not a choice. That's also not supported if you're using science as a basis since there are naturally more heterosexuals. I understand that you're not using science as a basis or saying that it's never a choice, but that would mean most people in this thread would disagree with you. it is the most popular influence. If you are solely raised on the thought that being straight is right and being gay is wrong, and if you never even knew gay people existed until your early teens (maybe not in this day in age but back then), your mind is already so set into being straight that you wouldn't even think of it. Choice or not, it may or may not be a chemical in the brain or just adaptation over time.Adaptations are beneficial. There's nothing beneficial about being homosexual and having a gay "adaptation" is not possible because there's no way gay people would be naturally passing on their genes if they stuck to that orientation. Furthermore I believe I've read in this thread that homosexuality is not a gene.

A lot of people tend not to discover/decide they are homosexual until years later. That being said, you could possibly categorize it into "true homosexuals" and "choice homosexuals", and there are also the ones that were always homosexual but are only just now discovering it, but either way you look at it, they are virtually the same no matter how they got there. Whenever someone brings up the argument "Who would want to choose the kind of lifestyle where you are shunned/hated?", I just think that it isn't something everyone thinks too much about if they are passionate enough about their decision. When you are passionate enough about something, you are willing to put up with all the crap thrown at you, whether it be your choice or not. It isn't as easy as just waking up one day and thinking, "Today, I will be gay." Its more like, you would weigh out your preferences and think on it for a long time before making your decision.Yes it is called opportunity cost. If you choose to go into homosexual relationships you choose to deal with the "crap thrown at you" in exchange for the relationship. It's entirely a choice whether you want to deal with "discrimination" or not in the case of homosexuality.

As far as the chemical and the wiring in the brain go, sure, some or most are born with the true homosexual trait. I am not huge on science and things of that matter so this is just my own theory, please don't rage if I am completely off track, but maybe this chemical in the brain is released when you begin to adapt to your preference. Kind of like when pheromones are released when you see a person you really like.

Everyone has a different story to tell, and I don't think there is a single right or wrong reason as to why someone can be homosexual. I believe both that it CANNOT be a choice, and that it CAN be a choice. I don't see why it can't be both. Indeed there is no right or wrong answer because nothing can ever be proven by science. Science is based on the technology and research of the times and is meant to change as these things are improved. No scientist can conclusively say that their theory is correct or that yours is wrong. They can only say that the data rejects your claim or that the data supports theirs.

EDIT (yes again): Yeah... I can't stop making edits. This entire thread was a very interesting read and I enjoy seeing everyone's viewpoints. I have to admit, some of my opinions may have swayed slightly on the matter.

I am a 100% supporter. And I think it is wrong the way homosexuals are discriminated against. It is one thing if you are religious and believe that it is wrong yet you accept your friends for who they are anyway and don't make a fuss about it, and it's another thing that you refuse understand the life these kind of people go through in order to be themselves. My dad is one of these close-minded people that always say "IT WAS ADAM AND EVE NOT ADAM AND STEVE." Ugh.
Firstly not everyone has gay friends, and not everyone are friends with each other.

Secondly:
Close-Minded:Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.

By definition you would also be close-minded because you're intolerant of their beliefs and opinions.

Colress said:
Exactly. Referring to my first post, why can we not see past our differences and just accept each other for the one thing we all are -- human? If we are to move forward, we must erase the concept of labels from our society.
Because if the only thing we ever considered was the fact that we're all human(or in your case a "higher human") society would utterly collapse.

tumblr_mh361vww7N1qcran6o1_500.jpg

If people did this then you would not have said "ugh" when you mentioned your father. If you would like for people to stop looking at what's different you would have to remove everyone's brain. If you want people to just stop looking at homosexuals as different then you shouldn't have used such a broad quote. That quote can be used to support pretty much anything and there are obvious problems with that.

All above.

^That is incredibly confusing and hard to believe. Post some sources or some information please, especially with this part:
Indeed there is no right or wrong answer because nothing can ever be proven by science. Science is based on the technology and research of the times and is meant to change as these things are improved. No scientist can conclusively say that their theory is correct or that yours is wrong. They can only say that the data rejects your claim or that the data supports theirs.

Red Rain said:
^That is incredibly confusing and hard to believe. Post some sources or some information please, especially with this part:
Indeed there is no right or wrong answer because nothing can ever be proven by science. Science is based on the technology and research of the times and is meant to change as these things are improved. No scientist can conclusively say that their theory is correct or that yours is wrong. They can only say that the data rejects your claim or that the data supports theirs.

It's easy to back up that claim. At a time the scientific theory was that you could cut an object in half an infinite number of times and it would just get smaller and smaller with no "base" at the end. It wasn't until hundreds of years later that the atom was discovered. At a time the scientific theory was that the world was flat. It was proven round later. They had a lower level of technology therefore they didn't know any better. At a time scientists believed it impossible to travel to the moon. Now it is. Pluto was once scientifically documented as a planet and by today's standards it no longer is. The non-coding DNA was once believed to be completely useless but now Scientists are beginning to discover that there are indeed uses for some of that DNA. I don't even need to post a source because what I said has so many common sense examples. Science is the "most likely" truth based on research and technology.

Back