NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

We know that Tom Bradys a lock, so its a decision between Larry Fitzgerald and Ray Rice. I would go Larry Fitzgerald.

I forgot to mention there's a flex position. I think I need a top RB, because in later rounds, the RB selections are sketchy. Most likely, I'll go with Rice and Brady, but I'm open to more suggestions.

Speaking of fantasy football, when do we draft for your league, CCloud?
[private]
<--- removed [/private]
Also has anyone else been keeping track of the top 100 players of 2013? 10 more get revealed tonight, and it's in top 30 now.

I got an email from ESPN that said:

The draft settings for your league, The Champions, have been updated:

Draft Type: Snake
Draft Date: Saturday, August 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM ET
Time Per Pick: 90 seconds

ESPN Fantasy Football

And I haven't been watching the Top 100 of 2013. I usually don't watch ranking shows on NFL Network.

CCloud said:
I forgot to mention there's a flex position. I think I need a top RB, because in later rounds, the RB selections are sketchy. Most likely, I'll go with Rice and Brady, but I'm open to more suggestions.

Those were who I was thinking about keeping if I was in your position.

Ugh, I just saw Brady will be 36 years old in August... I knew he was old but not that old. I might have to rethink my decision.

Rally said:
And I haven't been watching the Top 100 of 2013. I usually don't watch ranking shows on NFL Network.

Me neither. Winging it is just way more fun. No but seriously, I feel like they have a tendency to overrate a lot of people.

Ugh, I just saw Brady will be 36 years old in August... I knew he was old but not that old. I might have to rethink my decision.

You could always take Tim Teb- *shot*

CCloud said:

I'd lean towards Andrew Luck then.

Luck is beginning to grow on me as a potential keeper. He's young, will probably improve on that interception rare, and can get some yards and TDs on the ground. I would give Fitzgerald more consideration, but after he burned me last season, I'm not sure. I know it was a result of his poor QBs throwing to him, but I don't know if the addition of Palmer will justify keeping him. Then finally, there's Morris... I wouldn't mind keeping two RBs, but I know Shanahan's history with RBs, and there's no guarantee Shanahan will stick with him if Morris gets injured, starts fumbling, or whatever else.

Cliffs: it's a tough decision.

Fitz should have a good season in Arizona because he should have a solid QB throwing him in the ball in Carson Palmer.

And Alfred Morris' head coach is still Mike Shanahan. And as the saying goes Mike Shanahan hates your fantasy team, as you have stated.

I would not classify Carson Palmer "solid" by any means. The guy is lazy and has attitude problems. He will give up as soon as the Cards lose a couple.

Jay said:
I would not classify Carson Palmer "solid" by any means. The guy is lazy and has attitude problems. He will give up as soon as the Cards lose a couple.

True, but he's still better then any of the QBs the Cardinals had last year.

The Cardinals aren't a terrible team, but if they finish 8-8 this year, it would be an accomplishment for them. They remind me of the 49ers before Harbaugh took over; mediocre QB on a mediocre offense with an above average defense.

CCloud said:
The Cardinals aren't a terrible team, but if they finish 8-8 this year, it would be an accomplishment for them. They remind me of the 49ers before Harbaugh took over; mediocre QB on a mediocre offense with an above average defense.

It shows how much Arizona lost their identity when Kurt Warner retired. They were a pair of tiptoes away from a Super Bowl title, and now they're trying to find their identity again.

Arizona fans are hoping lightning strikes twice and Palmer can at least lead Arizona to a winning record.

Needless to say, if the Cardinals want to be contenders in the future, Palmer can't be their starting QB. He's most likely a temporary solution until they can draft and groom a potential "franchise QB."

Hey CC, why is it a 10-team league now?

You found two more interested participants for our Fantasy Football League?

Back