NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
Some players are just lost causes, like it or not. Some are complete busts and suck in the NFL, a la JaMarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez and Ryan Leaf; others are complete idiots like McClain, Titus Young, and Plaxico Burress.

Rally

Aspiring Trainer
MountainDrew said:
What do you guys think of Mcnabb signing with the Eagles to retire as an Eagle? I think its pretty cool, because the Eagles are the team he was with for a long time and he had lots of success there. I am hoping Ed Reed does something similiar in the future when he retires.

Is he really? That is a very nostalgic. I used to watch him all the time with my dad, and hes become one of my favorite players.

CCloud said:
Some players are just lost causes, like it or not. Some are complete busts and suck in the NFL, a la JaMarcus Russell, Mark Sanchez and Ryan Leaf; others are complete idiots like McClain, Titus Young, and Plaxico Burress.

Wasn't JaMarcus Russel (left beacuse of problems, soon including weight) trying to make a combeack this season?

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Suitcune said:
Wasn't JaMarcus Russel (left beacuse of problems, soon including weight) trying to make a combeack this season?

JaMarcus Russell has a poor work ethic as well.

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
Only a couple of days after E.J. Manuel, first QB taken in the 2013 Draft, said that learning the Bills' playbook was easier than learning Florida State's, Bills offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett admits Manuel is still raw and needs to work on "everything."

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Tony Romo had surgery to remove a cyst in his back and will miss the team's OTA's. He is expected to be ready for Training Camp.

For the next few years; the NFL Draft will be pushed back to May from it's basic April date.

SuperHyperKirliafan89

Aspiring Trainer
Tails said:
Tony Romo had surgery to remove a cyst in his back and will miss the team's OTA's. He is expected to be ready for Training Camp.

For the next few years; the NFL Draft will be pushed back to May from it's basic April date.

"Phew" Good to hear Romo will be ready for opening kickoff.

About time the NFL Draft was moved back to May was getting sick of it being near the end of April.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Here are my picks for this year:
AFC East winner: Patriots
AFC North winner: Bengals
AFC South winner: Texans
AFC West winner: Broncos
AFC Wild Card Picks: Ravens, Dolphins
NFC East winner: Giants
NFC North winner: Packers
NFC South winner: Falcons
NFC West winner: Seahawks
NFC Wild Card Picks: Saints :p, 49ers

Super Bowl Pick: Seahawks
Runner Up: Broncos
#1 Draft Pick Next Year: Raiders

So what are you guy's picks for next season? I would love to see what everyone else thinks.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
AFC East: New England (12-4)
AFC Central: Cincinnati (11-5)
AFC South: Indianapolis (10-6)
AFC West: Denver (13-3)
AFC Wild Cards: Houston (10-6) and Baltimore (10-6)

NFC East: NY Giants (10-6)
NFC Central: Green Bay (12-4)
NFC South: Atlanta (11-5)
NFC West: Seattle (12-4)
NFC Wild Cards: San Francisco (11-5) and New Orleans (10-6)

NFC Championship: Green Bay v. Seattle (SEA 21-10)
AFC Championship: Cincinnati v. Denver (DEN 33-24)

Super Bowl XLVII (East Rutherford, NJ): (N1) Seattle v. (A1) Denver (SEA 28-20)

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
Michael Crabtree of the 49ers tore his Achilles in practice today. The injury would surely put him on the shelf for the 2013 season.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Tails said:
AFC East: New England (12-4)
AFC Central: Cincinnati (11-5)
AFC South: Indianapolis (10-6)
AFC West: Denver (13-3)
AFC Wild Cards: Houston (10-6) and Baltimore (10-6)

NFC East: NY Giants (10-6)
NFC Central: Green Bay (12-4)
NFC South: Atlanta (11-5)
NFC West: Seattle (12-4)
NFC Wild Cards: San Francisco (11-5) and New Orleans (10-6)

NFC Championship: Green Bay v. Seattle (SEA 21-10)
AFC Championship: Cincinnati v. Denver (DEN 33-24)

Super Bowl XLVII (East Rutherford, NJ): (N1) Seattle v. (A1) Denver (SEA 28-20)

Wow [private]me and you[/private]you and I have very similiar picks.

SuperHyperKirliafan89

Aspiring Trainer
MountainDrew said:
Here are my picks for this year:
AFC Wild Card Picks: Ravens, Dolphins
NFC East winner: Giants
NFC West winner: Seahawks
NFC Wild Card Picks: Saints :p, 49ers

Super Bowl Pick: Seahawks
Runner Up: Broncos
#1 Draft Pick Next Year: Raiders

So what are you guy's picks for next season? I would love to see what everyone else thinks.

AFC East: Patriots (who else, unless the Bills or Dolphins shock us)
AFC North: Bengals (that division is up for grabs but I think the Bengals take it this year, Steelers always have a trick or 2 up their sleeves)
AFC South: Texans (they're getting closer to getting to the big game, but they always seem to hit the Patriots train)
AFC West: Broncos ( Broncos are a lock for the division but the Chiefs really made some moves this offseason only time will tell what version of Alex Smith the Chiefs got)
AFC Wild card: Colts (they got lucky to make the playoffs last year they'll be back again), Chiefs/Steelers (if anything the last spot will go between these 2 teams)

NFC East: Redskins (normally I would pick my beloved Cowboys to win it but for once I'm picking the Skins to take the division, hard to pass up on RGIII, then again this division could go either way if each team plays their cards right)
NFC North: Packers (too obiv)
NFC South: Falcons (nothing else to say)
NFC West: 49ers (no way I'm passing up on the 9ers even with Crabtree out, they are still gonna win the division this year, they are loaded)
NFC Wild cards: Cowboys (woulda had them win the NFC East but I'm not too sure how the team will do this year), Seahawks (they're loaded but nowhere near the team the 9ers built)

Super Bowl XLVIII

Patriots vs 49ers (this shoulda been the matchup for XLVII but the Pats got robbed big time, and so did the 9ers), winner will be a toss up but I'm going with the 9ers.

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
AFC East: Patriots
AFC West: Broncos
AFC North: Ravens
AFC South: Texans
AFC Wild Card: Bengals, Colts

NFC East: Giants
NFC West: Seahawks
NFC North: Packers
NFC South: Saints
NFC Wild Card: Falcons, 49ers

Super Bowl XLVIII: Broncos vs 49ers

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
CCloud said:
Michael Crabtree of the 49ers tore his Achilles in practice today. The injury would surely put him on the shelf for the 2013 season.

Ouch, that's going to hurt San Francisco for the first few weeks, but that means Kaepernick will be throwing it to Boldin a lot more. That move to San Fran makes a lot more sense for Anquan after the unfortunate injury to Michael Crabtree.

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, the 49ers made a great move in hindsight, and needed only a sixth round pick to get him.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
CCloud said:
Yeah, the 49ers made a great move in hindsight, and needed only a sixth round pick to get him.

It's sort of like the Oakland-Arizona trade involving Carson Palmer. Oakland gave up two first rounders to Cincinnati and they don't even get a pick in the first three rounds from the Cards.

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
The only difference is one general manager trading the player knows what he's doing, while the other general manager trading the player doesn't.

Smeargle

My picks for this year:

AFC Wild Card Picks: Ravens, Chargers

NFC East winner: Redskins
NFC West winner: 49ers
NFC Wild Card Picks: Seahawks, Lions
Super Bowl Pick: Broncos
Runner Up: 49ers
#1 Draft Pick Next Year: Jaguars

I know that Chargers is disputable, but I think that if Phillip Rivers plays at least decent they'll make it to the wild card round. They have a stud in Eric Weddle, and Ryan Matthews, if he stays un-injured is a dominant running back. They have decent receivers, and got Manti Teo. The Lions got better this offseason with people like Reggie Bush, too.

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
I debated including the Chargers in my Wild Card, but having either the Texans, Colts, or both miss the playoffs didn't seem likely to me. At least the Bolts got rid of Norv Turner.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
CCloud said:
I debated including the Chargers in my Wild Card, but having either the Texans, Colts, or both miss the playoffs didn't seem likely to me. At least the Bolts got rid of Norv Turner.

Yeah, at least San Diego got rid of Norv. Norv Turner should make a better OC then a HC.

Rally

Aspiring Trainer
Tails said:
CCloud said:

Yeah, at least San Diego got rid of Norv. Norv Turner should make a better OC then a HC.

I don't like him in the position at all. I don't think that he has proven himself lately for showing the slightest bit of promise.