NFL Discussion Topic - Favorite Teams and How They are Doing

Tails said:
Yeah, Dallas kind of got shafted with their placement, in which every top O-Linemen went off the boards, the the D-Linemen they coveted were off the boards too at #18.

Travis Frederick should fit in nicely with the offensive line, and his flexibility to play either Center or Guard, means that Mackenzie Bernadeau and Doug Free should be going bye-bye. (At least Free, because he has rejected taking a pay cut.)

Kinda sad I liked Doug Free (then again he served his purpose in Dallas, its time for Frederick to take over.)

SuperHyperKirliafan89 said:
Kinda sad I liked Doug Free (then again he served his purpose in Dallas, its time for Frederick to take over.)

Free played decently until Jerruh gave him a big contract. Now, he plays like a deer in headlights some of the time.

Tebow's not really helping his cause by not accepting a change in position. He's not really an NFL QB.

I don't know why hes complaining. He never had the caliber to play QB. But hows he going to block the bigger guys on the field?

Tebow could be like Denard Robinson will be in Jacksonville. Change Tebow's position to either RB or WR/TE.

485559_531869350193091_2018377227_n.png

I don't understand why everybody thinks Tebow could play RB/WR. That's like when Michael Vick went to prison and everybody was like "he'll be back but maybe as a RB, not as a QB." I really don't think Tebow will ever play anything except for QB.

TPO3 said:
I don't understand why everybody thinks Tebow could play RB/WR. That's like when Michael Vick went to prison and everybody was like "he'll be back but maybe as a RB, not as a QB." I really don't think Tebow will ever play anything except for QB.

Well, he doesn't have the skills to be an effective QB in the NFL. Maybe a Wildcat QB, but that's it. He doesn't have the throwing mechanics to make it. Someone will give him a shot, but I don't think he's really starter material.

Thats all he is, a clutch player. If the team can take the lead and keep it up, then he wouldn't win.

Tails said:
Yeah, the wins he had were clutch. But, he had a lot of help from his defense in Denver.

Or having Marion Barber fumble the ball setting up a simple GW Field Goal...

For people who like football and TCGs and have an iPhone/iPad/iPod touch a good free app is NFL shuffle. It's pretty fun I think. If you get it, type in the code 360409620 when it gives you a chance to get a special good card.

David Garrard and Rolando McClain both announced their retirements today.

Garrard retired from the Jets due to his poor knee and McClain retired due to the rash of 3 arrests in 11 months.

Rolando McClain's retirements was just stupid. Thats why people everywhere think all football players are knucleheads.

@Smeargle, have you ever tried ESPN Huddle?

Suitcune said:
Rolando McClain's retirements was just stupid. Thats why people everywhere think all football players are knuckleheads.

If only Titus Young would learn from McClain's example...I think Young needs help more then McClain.

Young had him beat; he had 3 arrests in the span of 5 days.

What do you guys think of Mcnabb signing with the Eagles to retire as an Eagle? I think its pretty cool, because the Eagles are the team he was with for a long time and he had lots of success there. I am hoping Ed Reed does something similiar in the future when he retires.

Tails said:
If only Titus Young would learn from McClain's example...I think Young needs help more then McClain.

Young had him beat; he had 3 arrests in the span of 5 days.

Lol, beat me to it.

In McClain's case, though, it's not really retirement, it's quitting.

[private]Fixed capitalization[/private]

CCloud said:
In McClain's case, though, it's not really retirement, it's quitting.

I think he needs to find himself and try to get everything in order. McClain may return to the NFL in a few years.

Back