Next TCG set rotation.

MMAmonchan

Pokemon = Dota2
This is my first season as a competitive player, and I have begun to wonder about rotations? I know it may be too early to speculate, but what do u think we will have after the next rotation? Logic screams PS-on. Do you think we may get to keep Dragons Exalted or Boundaries Crossed?

Flys Gone 2071

Also known as Flygon2071
RE: Next rotation.

MMAmonchan said:
This is my first season as a competitive player, and I have begun to wonder about rotations? I know it may be too early to speculate, but what do u think we will have after the next rotation? Logic screams PS-on. Do you think we may get to keep Dragons Exalted or Boundaries Crossed?

ND-on, DE-on or BC-on. BC is going to be there because all the reprints that were in that set. ND because the EX era started in that moment. DE-on because the reprints of the set (Rare Candy, Juniper, N, Cheren). Maybe DRX-on because of the Dragons.

Dork Void

#OCCUPYALLTHINGS

PS-on? lolwut? That would leave us with what 2, maybe 3 sets (I'm too lazy to count months)? It'll be Dark Explorers or Dragons Exalted most likely.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

I want it to be DRX on because that would cut Catcher and N, two of the most hated cards this format. It'd also leave us with 5 sets by time the rotation rolls around, which is one less than when we rotated to BW-on.

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer

It can't be DRX or DRE on unless they reprint either Solosis and Duosion or Archen and Twist Mountain because that would leave Archeops and Reuniclus illegal for play. I think it will be BC on but that means they will have to reprint Trubbish and Garchomp line cards since they are being reprinted.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

exdarkrai01 said:
It can't be DRX or DRE on unless they reprint either Solosis and Duosion or Archen and Twist Mountain because that would leave Archeops and Reuniclus illegal for play. I think it will be BC on but that means they will have to reprint Trubbish and Garchomp line cards since they are being reprinted.

Let's just get this straight. The don't have to do anything. They don't care whether or not some cards are "illegal for play". A couple of years ago, they printed a card (I think it was some sort of Porygon-Z) where the previous evolutions were no where around, so we couldn't even play the card.

BC-on would leave us with 4 sets, which would be terrible because we'd have little to no sets to work with.

Smeargle

I don't think there will be a rotation, I think they'll keep it as is, without a rotation.

Bo$$_89

Two Posts a Day Kept the Trolls Away

Mudkip711 said:
I want it to be DRX on because that would cut Catcher and N, two of the most hated cards this format. It'd also leave us with 5 sets by time the rotation rolls around, which is one less than when we rotated to BW-on.

It wouldn't cut N because its being reprinted in Plasma Storm.

Puff-Sun

Gogoats

I'm thinking NXD-on. It's the start of the EX era, and it still leaves us with a decent number of sets to work with.

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist

I think it will be Next Destinies on just because thats when they started the EX cards so I think they will keep it like that to keep all the EX together.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

Bo$$_89 said:
Mudkip711 said:

Oh, can you link me to where it's "confirmed"?

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.

Mudkip711 said:
Bo$$_89 said:

Oh, can you link me to where it's "confirmed"?

It's not confirmed. Just that N is a promo in japan and knowing pokemon, it'll be most likely reprinted (Yay)

PumpedAaron

S Type Armor

Huh... you know, I had first expected BC-On as the next rotation, simply because they reprinted the typical Trainers like Pokéball, Energy Search, etcetera, but then I realized that would be rather crippling to dock off many Pokémon-EX like that, as well as Rare Candy and other staple cards.

Hrrmm. Assuming TPCi would like to keep all the Pokémon-EX together longer, then the rotation would certainly be NXD-On. If that happens, though, I hope we still get Super Scoop Up, Energy Switch, and Pluspower down the line again!

Gistica

Hit me up for any questions about Competitive Play

I would think either DEX or DRX. If we keep DEX we keep Rare Candy, but also Catcher and N. but if we don't, we get rid of Catcher and N, but lose Rare Candy. Both would be bad and good at the same time, but I hate Catcher more than I like Rare Candy so...

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer

Literally there are no cards that I hate more than N and catcher. Most of the games I play at the top tables in tournaments come down to a late game N, then whoever can hit the catcher wins. Skyla made this a little bit less annoying but at the same time, after the N there is little skill in determining who wins the game. A catcherless format would be wierd, but at the same time it would be good.

Puckstopper20

Aspiring Trainer

exdarkrai01 said:
Literally there are no cards that I hate more than N and catcher. Most of the games I play at the top tables in tournaments come down to a late game N, then whoever can hit the catcher wins. Skyla made this a little bit less annoying but at the same time, after the N there is little skill in determining who wins the game. A catcherless format would be wierd, but at the same time it would be good.

Little skill? How about resource management and keeping track of what your opponent is doing? People save their N's and catchers for later in the game when they know it's going to be the difference maker and it's going to get them the win. Knowing when to use them takes plenty of skill and experience, especially in those top tables.

exdarkrai01

Aspiring Trainer

Yes, you can do things to increase your probability, but at the same time its still probability. You may have a much higher chance of hitting the catcher than your opponent, but he will still hit it and you won't on occasion. I don't disagree with you that resource management is a good thing and I use it every game, but resource management is only really helpful if your drawing more than 1-2 cards. More what i'm talking about is that there is to much of a luck factor in those situations that decide games. That's the main reason I don't like N. Don't get me wrong about what i'm saying, I think that having N in the format and using it properly take an incredible amount of skill. Its one of the things that separate players that are frequently seen at the top tables and the ones that aren't. I'm talking about the actual moment when your opponent plays N and your shuffling your cards.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head

I'd say it will be Next Destinies on. It was the start of the EX era, and was the first set of 2012. It would also be kinda weird if Mewtwo wasn't in the format, but Darkrai and Rayquaza EX were, and they were all printed in the tins at the same time. The legal promo list would be something like BW40-on except BW54 (Mewtwo EX tin). Or they could be jerks and keep him in the format, even though there'd be no DCE for him.

I agree with PumpedAron that they should reprint SSU PlusPower and Energy Switch. The format would kinda be bawls without them (except SSU, I HATE that cards >:[ ).

grantm1999

VileGar

exdarkrai01 said:
You play at top tables?