Next TCG set rotation.

N was not in Plasma Gale. It was a BW-P promo that you received if you bought a box of the set. It's never been confirmed to be in Plasma Storm and people probably shouldn't be automatically assuming it will be, since TPCi's choices for the English sets have been all over the place lately.

Frost said:
N was not in Plasma Gale. It was a BW-P promo that you received if you bought a box of the set. It's never been confirmed to be in Plasma Storm and people probably shouldn't be automatically assuming it will be, since TPCi's choices for the English sets have been all over the place lately.

I wasn't saying it would be in Plasma Gale, but the fact that it was reprinted means we will also have another N soon enough that it won't be rotated out of format this time.

Keeper of Night said:
Frost said:

I wasn't saying it would be in Plasma Gale, but the fact that it was reprinted means we will also have another N soon enough that t won't be rotated out of format this time.

not guaranteed

Sine it's going to be my first time playing competitively I'm not sure, but in prior rotations how many sets were legal at a time? And how often did one set rotate out when another was released?

I hope they'll keep DEX, I just got a darkrai deck :/

Just because DEX or NXD gets rotated, we still may keep Darkrai and Mewtwo. It depends on what promos they rotate. If they go DRX on we will likely keep them. Promos rotate seperately from sets

exdarkrai01 said:
Just because DEX or NXD gets rotated, we still may keep Darkrai and Mewtwo. It depends on what promos they rotate. If they go DRX on we will likely keep them. Promos rotate seperately from sets

Will it really matter if Darkrai is kept, but Dark Patch, Dark Claw and Sableye aren't? Mewtwo will also probably only be a 1 off in decks at best, because DCE will get rotated.

The point was the legality of it. I agree with you on Darkrai, not on Mewtwo though. As long as energy acceleration exists, Mewtwo will see play while he is in rotation.

Salamencetrainer34 said:
If rotation, Please no catcher reprint

I hate it soooo much!

In that case screw big basics, Hydreigon, Eels and Blastoise are coming to town. No. Catcher is actually good for this format. Stops bench sitters.

Blui129 said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:
If rotation, Please no catcher reprint

I hate it soooo much!

In that case screw big basics, Hydreigon, Klingklang and Blastoise are coming to town. No. Catcher is actually good for this format. Stops bench sitters.

You mean you may have to think a game out O.O

You rotated, Energy retrieval gets rotated for blastoise and so does cilan(if they rotate NEX out), slows that deck down. As for Klingklang and hydreigon, annoying but easier handled with techs without catcher.

Of course before we do a consider a rotation lets look at all of the T/S/S in each CURRENT legal set, that would be rotated if that set is rotated.

B&W: Energy Retrieval, Energy Switch, Full Heal, PlusPower, Pokédex, Pokémon Communication, Revive, Super Scoop Up

EPO: Recycle

NVI: Cover Fossil, Eviolite*, Plume Fossil, Xtransceiver

NEX: Cilan. Heavy Ball. Level Ball, Pokémon Center, Skyarrow Bridge, Double Colorless Energy, Prism Energy

DEX: Dark Claw, Dark Patch, Enhanced Hammer, Hooligans Jim & Cas, N*, Old Amber Aerodactyl, Pokemon Catcher, Rare Candy, Twist Mountain

DRX: Devolution Spray, Giant Cape ,Rescue Scarf, Tool Scrapper, Blend Energy GFPD, Blend Energy WLFM

DRV: Exp. Share, Fast Ticket, Super Rod

*likely to get reprinted before a possible rotation.

I didn't include stuff from BCX as I am sure that stuff is safe.
I want catcher out, but is it it worth all we would also loose? on the flipped look how much the format would slowdown if DEX back gets rotated.(blastiose would still be king, but slower)
After looking at it, I think the best move is to have no rotation this year, BUT next year rotate ALL the B&W block out. Just my Opinion

Team Plasma's Klinklang is actually really good in this format. All the stalling! It would be uber if Catcher weren't in the picture, it just sits there and everything else abuses its ability/

Bo$$_89 said:
@Eod N is being reprinted

you got proof? if gets reprinted fine it is likely but it isn't a forgone conclusion yet. instead of "trying" to point out what is right or wrong, how about you do a little bit of theoymon.

Envoyofduels said:
Bo$$_89 said:
@Eod N is being reprinted

you got proof? if gets reprinted fine it is likely but it isn't a forgone conclusion yet. instead of "trying" to point out what is right or wrong, how about you do a little bit of theoymon.

Japan has gotten it twice after Plasma Gale, with different art. It's highly likely that it'll be reprinted in English.

Blui129 said:
Envoyofduels said:

Japan has gotten it twice after Plasma Gale, with different art. It's highly likely that it'll be reprinted in English.

I agree, but look at the reprints we have not gotten yet.

Back