Next TCG set rotation.

RE: Next rotation.

I think that they should keep it BW-on. HGSS was kept for quite a bit, wasn't it?

Akamu54 said:
I think that they should keep it BW-on. HGSS was kept for quite a bit, wasn't it?

No, HG-SS-on was for a little bit more than a year (like 14 months or something like that...).

It was DP-on for at least two years I believe.

I predicted ND-on a couple months ago. Boundaries Crossed definitely caught my attention with all the reprints, but ND was the start of the EX block so Idk. I'd like Catcher to really be gone though, so it's very possible they rotate to a set after Dark Explorers just to get rid of it.

dmaster out.

This is a hard decision...But at least I don't have to make it. :p
I want the rotation to be DEX-on because I want to keep playing Darkrai varients. This also lets us keep Empoleon, one of the very few Stage-2 decks we have.
But, on the other hand, I want them to rotate to DEX-on, to get rid of Catcher. However, that would also leave us without Rare Candy, so we still won't have Stage-2 decks. :(

Keeper of Night said:
This is a hard decision...But at least I don't have to make it. :p
I want the rotation to be DEX-on because I want to keep playing Darkrai varients. This also lets us keep Empoleon, one of the very few Stage-2 decks we have.
But, on the other hand, I want them to rotate to *DRX-on, to get rid of Catcher. However, that would also leave us without Rare Candy, so we still won't have Stage-2 decks. :(

Damn, I missed that. There goes all hope of no catcher next format.

Would like to point out that they could always reprint Rare Candy later.

It would have to be in a set before rotation or in the next two sets after, Maybe 3 but thats pushing it. Unless they have a format without it, but it would be pointless unless they slow the format down.

Well Im glad i was very wrong and there is little chance that Im not getting cards for only a few months of play.

Keeper of Night said:
Mora said:
Would like to point out that they could always reprint Rare Candy later.

How long do you want to be left in a format where only Basics are used?

They could reprint Rare Candy before the rotation... I think... Regardless, it's irrelovant because there were previous approval to get rid of Catcher and N, which would also get rid of Rare Candy and ultimately have the same end result. At least I was being optimistic by saying it could be reprinted.

N will be reprinted again soon enough, so trying to rotate that just won't work. I would love to get rid of Catcher, but since Rare Candy doesn't have much chance of being reprinted before rotation, I would have to believe the rotation will be NXD-on or DEX-on.

I wouldnt understand any rotation thats not Dark Explorers or Dragons Exalted on. What would be the point of it? I cant think of anything that would actually get rotated out. Almost everything before those sets has been reprinted recently. If they did Dragons Exalted on they could get Catcher out for good since it got reprinted in Dark Explorers. If they did a Next Destinies on that would be very pointless, you would just see a bunch of junk rotated out at best.

Keeper of Night said:
N will be reprinted again soon enough, so trying to rotate that just won't work. I would love to get rid of Catcher, but since Rare Candy doesn't have much chance of being reprinted before rotation, I would have to believe the rotation will be NXD-on or DEX-on.

Then tell that to the people who actually suggested getting rid of Catcher and N. The only thing I've said on the topic is that they can always reprint Rare Candy (a creative solution that hadn't been mentioned), not that DE-on is necessarily a good idea. Your counter argument is directed at the wrong person entirely.

Again, I don't know how feasible a Rare Candy reprint in time for rotations would be. I remember worlds last season was HGSS-DE, and DRX came out before that. We got BC before Cities, so if they rotate Catcher, worse case is going to BR's without Rare Candy if they decide to reprint it. It's the lesser of two evils, here. If you hate Catcher enough, it could be worth it.

(I can feel I'm about to get some hate for what I'm about to say next.)

And would it really be that bad if we didn't have Rare Candy for ONE format? Not saying that I don't apprieciate it; I love the card and couldn't imagine playing without it forever. But right now, the top tier decks, Keldeo Blastoise and Darkrai Hydreigon, REVOLVE around a Stage 2 to make the Basic even more broken than it already is! Besides, in this format, what Stage 2's are even worth playing right now? Garchomp? Empoleon? (What was that about a format where only Basics are used.)

Let it be known that none of this was to take a stance on this issue, but rather to point out the obvious that if the rotation is DRX-on, Rare Candy could always be reprinted. So much effort for one statement. Now, if you all will excuse me, I'd like to resign from my role as devil's advocate.

One of the reasons that I think it won't be DEX-On is because most of the trainers in there have been/will be reprinted. All the supporters have. Cheren was in Boundaries Crossed, N is in Plasma Storm, Juniper is in Thunder Knuckle/Spiral Force. Ultra Ball will also be in Thunder Knuckle/Spiral Force.

@Mora
idk why you are getting so mad about it, lol.
Stage 2's worth playing are the ones you listed, Blastoise and Hydreigon. Garchomp and Empoleon also deserve mention. Empoleon is actually very good with Dusknoir (another stage 2), there were quite a few at some of the Cities I went to.
No, I suppose losing Rare Candy for one format wouldn't be the end of the world (remember, that happened already :p). And I would also prefer that they reprint it, and I'm sure they will.
Ultimately, it's not our decision, it's completely up to TPCi, so it does no good to argue about it. And I'm not getting my hopes to high, they don't always make the best decisions imo (Bicycle, Ether, BCX).

Back