New UltraPRO Poke Ball Products!

Asclepius24

Aspiring Trainer
Will absolutely be purchasing that PRO Binder and then immediately complaining about how dirty it gets.

Those sleeves are great too, it's just a shame they don't hold up well.

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
Definitely wanting the pro binder and probably the mat too - I've used the same Pokémon mat for years now, it's time for a change. Although that will probably get grubby too, as will the binder!

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
Friends don't let friends use Ultra Pro protective products.

Your sleeves shall split and your binders shall buckle

Use KMC or Dragon Shield sleeves, KMC perfect fit sleeves for double-sleeving, and anything but Ultra Pro binders/ portfolios

Digital Dragon

Thinks Chandelure is the cutest Pokémon
RedT said:
Friends don't let friends use Ultra Pro protective products.

Your sleeves shall split and your binders shall buckle

Use KMC or Dragon Shield sleeves, KMC perfect fit sleeves for double-sleeving, and anything but Ultra Pro binders/ portfolios

I use Dragon Shield for my decks, and I agree that Ultra Pros are far inferior for that, but they're good for a collection. They are a lot cheaper, and if I'm not going to be playing with the cards I just stick them in an Ultra Pro sleeve to prevent major damage.

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
I use Dragon Shield for my decks, and I agree that Ultra Pros are far inferior for that, but they're good for a collection. They are a lot cheaper, and if I'm not going to be playing with the cards I just stick them in an Ultra Pro sleeve to prevent major damage.
No-brand penny sleeves are just as good/ bad as Ultra Pro, just use that for bulk.
Edit: and KMC perfect fit sleeves are better than both and almost exactly as cheap, but they have the advantage of being meant for going inside of normal sleeves so when you do want to use them, you can

The one good thing I can say about Ultra Pro is that they're keeping people from buying Monster and Ultimate Guard sleeves

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
No-brand penny sleeves are just as good/ bad as Ultra Pro, just use that for bulk.
Edit: and KMC perfect fit sleeves are better than both and almost exactly as cheap, but they have the advantage of being meant for going inside of normal sleeves so when you do want to use them, you can

The one good thing I can say about Ultra Pro is that they're keeping people from buying Monster and Ultimate Guard sleeves

I have Ultra Pro sleeves and they're pretty good. Prevent scratches or damage to the card.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I love how half the items mentioned are binders.

Those are really nice looking items, though. The way they've done the Poké Ball aesthetic is actually something I'd expect to see on official TPCi-branded merchandise, so I'm pretty impressed by that.

Use over sleeves :D
The only thing about this is that your deck becomes extremely thick. Then it's harder to shuffle.

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
I have Ultra Pro sleeves and they're pretty good. Prevent scratches or damage to the card.
Well, protecting the card from scratches is the minimum requirement of the product, ha :p

The problem is that they split really easily, don't shuffle well, and have a lot of extra room at the opening where they'll be deformed with age in a frequently shuffled deck (the ones that survive for a while without splitting, that is)

6 minutes and 9 seconds in for a demo of what I mean.

KMC and Dragon Shield are by comparison so hard to split you have to use almost all your strength.

Since KMC wasn't included in the above video: link

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
Well, protecting the card from scratches is the minimum requirement of the product, ha :p

The problem is that they split really easily, don't shuffle well, and have a lot of extra room at the opening where they'll be deformed with age in a frequently shuffled deck (the ones that survive for a while without splitting, that is)

6 minutes and 9 seconds in for a demo of what I mean.

KMC and Dragon Shield are by comparison so hard to split you have to use almost all your strength.

Since KMC wasn't included in the above video: link

I only play online, so i guess that's why ultra pro is good for me. Personally, I just keep my ultra rares in a deck box and open it up to add new cards or trade with others.

I may just get a high quality portfolio, but I don't know where to find them in retailer stores. Also, I wonder if I need to remove the sleeves to put them in the portfolio

Don Pianta

Old man
Why is it always Ultra Pro that has licenses for products? MtG, YGO, Pokemon, FoW, when are these companies going to realize Ultra Pro is garbage? Their sleeves don't hold up for more than a week or two, the deck boxes with the long tops suck, and their binders don't hold up any better than a $1 walmart binder.

Aside from their old school deck boxes, which were decent for the cost, but they don't even make them in that style anymore.

RedT

Aspiring Trainer
I only play online, so i guess that's why ultra pro is good for me. Personally, I just keep my ultra rares in a deck box and open it up to add new cards or trade with others.

I may just get a high quality portfolio, but I don't know where to find them in retailer stores. Also, I wonder if I need to remove the sleeves to put them in the portfolio

Quite a few portfolios are intended for use with sleeves, like the Dex Protection 9. You can even double sleeve. That said, while the Dex 9 is quite cheap for the quality (which is high) I don't think you will find it in a physical store due to it being a new company. If you can't order online, maybe ask around if any local games stores are willing to stock it.

Ultimate Guard zipfolios are alright too but IMO overpriced and often comes with a few miscut pockets, and the Star City Games X4 is great if you don't scuff the covers a lot. (The elastic band also leaves an indent in the leather after a while)

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
So idk what y'all are doing to your Ultra Pro sleeves for them to only last a few weeks :confused: unless you're specifically talking about the ones they release for Pokémon (and possibly other branded games), 'cause they're not the best. The ones Pokémon release in their ETBs etc aren't good either. But I've had the same set of Ultra Pro pro-matte sleeves for 2 years and they're just fine. I'm not saying the other brands aren't better necessarily, I haven't tried many, but yeah.

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I use the Ultra Pro solid color sleeves, I think mine are the glossy, they seem to work pretty well and hold up. They get a "pinch" on the solid side sometimes if my daughter is careless putting the cards in though.