News New Ultra Beast, Ultra Recon Squad, and Ultra Space Travel Revealed!

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
At least this new zone will put to bed the dream of a Kanto visit - at this late stage Kanto would have been revealed to pull in all us gen wunners

TheTrashMan

ya better watch out
Wait a minute... "(UB Adhesive is) said to be intelligent enough to understand human speech". Don't all Pokémon already understand speech? I mean, you could use the excuse that only Pokémon in the anime only understand basic human speech, but then how do trainers tell their Pokémon what move to use in battle? But I mean it could be the same principle with teaching your dog to "sit" or "shake a paw".

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • UBs - Still we don't know their real names.
  • Burst - Throw a Life Orb and it'll be a perfect STAB Move. If it has a Regenerator HA, OMG! It'll won Worlds.
  • Assembly - Another 4x Weak to Close Combat and Earthquake Pokémon.
  • Ultra Recon - Omg! I hope they give big bucks when I defeat them. Anyways, they're good guys, I think.
  • Adhesive - YOU COPY NIDORAN'S CATEGORY!!!
  • Swifting through portals - It's like ORAS after all. I wish it'll be on postgame activity. If it is not, it's still good because we can't take on the league on a higher level like 60 or 70.

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
I don't play pokemon games anymore, but are ultra beasts experiments or confirmed just to be beasts. In this new game maybe it will be shown that ultra beast were experiments?

I wonder if there will be a relation to the other worlds mentioned in pokemon before like the distortion world where Giratina was once.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
I don't play pokemon games anymore, but are ultra beasts experiments or confirmed just to be beasts. In this new game maybe it will be shown that ultra beast were experiments?

I wonder if there will be a relation to the other worlds mentioned in pokemon before like the distortion world where Giratina was once.
The Ultra Beasts are simply Pokemon from another dimension, more specifically, Pokemon from different sectors of Ultra Space. We've already seen Nihilego, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, and Xurkitree in their natural habitats.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we will actually be able to explore the new realm, rather, travel on a single path until we reach an UB. Sigh... I really hate how linear this game is. I'll hold out hope though.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Like others have said, you finally have my attention, GameFreak. I mean, inevitably, I'd get one of these games, but it took forever to look interesting! Not super hyped or anything, but finally intrigued.
I love that image of the tower in Ultra Megalopolis, though. And I found it amusing how 'serious business' it looks, while right beside it is an image of "Yipee!! We're traveling through space on a Space Lion and a Space Bat!"
And while traveling to different worlds sounds great...
Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we will actually be able to explore the new realm, rather, travel on a single path until we reach an UB. Sigh... I really hate how linear this game is. I'll hold out hope though.
I had that thought earlier today. Watched the trailer on my phone, and after thinking about it, I figured these would probably be one map (small location) 'worlds' to look around, similar to Mirage Spots in ORAS. Watched it again, and I noticed the same thing as you. Definitely doesn't seem as robust as 'traveling to other worlds' sounds, but at least it's an improvement on Sun and Moon.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Burst - Throw a Life Orb and it'll be a perfect STAB Move. If it has a Regenerator HA, OMG! It'll won Worlds.
None of the SM Ultra Beasts have Hidden Abilities, so I think it's safe to assume these won't have them either!

I really hope UB Adhesive is available early on, like if the Recon Squad gave you one, because it is so cute and I really want to use one! I also am excited to travel to the different dimensions, because they, so far, look really interesting - hopefully it means that you can hunt for a shiny Ultra Beast :p
Also, I didn't realize the yellow dots on UB Burst were it's eyes, until it blinked in Japanese trailer, and now I'm low key creeped out a little because of how it blinked .--.

RealSlim

Dragons Breeder
  • Burst - Throw a Life Orb and it'll be a perfect STAB Move. If it has a Regenerator HA, OMG! It'll won Worlds.
  • Assembly - Another 4x Weak to Close Combat and Earthquake Pokémon.

1) Ultra Beasts don't have HAs.

2) Sure it's weak to Earthquake but Assembly has Wide Guard, so we'll see.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'm still on the fence about whether I want to get these games or not, but I will admit: each trailer definitely gets better and better. I was pretty apathetic at first, but this last trailer is the first time I've been honestly interested. I guess I'll keep following the pre-release info, but for now, for the first time, I'm leaning more towards buying than not. I might wait a bit, though, since I'll still have FE Warriors to play after I get back from my trip to the States.

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
If they fix the online mode to where you could play in the overworld like in XY/ORAS and fix the glaring frame rate issues, i might consider getting this one. SuMo was fine, but a bit of a letdown imo.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
None of the SM Ultra Beasts have Hidden Abilities, so I think it's safe to assume these won't have them either!

I really hope UB Adhesive is available early on, like if the Recon Squad gave you one, because it is so cute and I really want to use one! I also am excited to travel to the different dimensions, because they, so far, look really interesting - hopefully it means that you can hunt for a shiny Ultra Beast :p
Also, I didn't realize the yellow dots on UB Burst were it's eyes, until it blinked in Japanese trailer, and now I'm low key creeped out a little because of how it blinked .--.
It's just an If. A Rhyperior can dream