BW/BW2 New Trainers

HikaruAyame

Beauty Queen/Demon Lord
Alright, what does everyone think of the new players? Here are my opinions:

GIRL:
Outfit....Awesome outfit. Shorts couldn't get any shorter, and overall it meshes very well. The buckles on the wrists is a nice touch.
Hair.... I think I'd like it better without the dangling parts is front and the 'horns' in back. I like that it's a ponytail, though.
Hat.... is standard, I guess. Nothing too fancy, but probably better than a bare head.
Colors.... Uh-oh. It looks like they've decided that girls have to be pink again. The dreaded head-to-toe signature color is a definite no-no in my book. I liked the red on the female more. Or even blue, like in Crystal. But pink??? Most girls have had pink shoved on them their whole lives. Video games are supposed to be an escape from reality, not a continuation of it.
Overall.... Nuh-uh. She seems to clash a bit too much for me, with a modern/edgy type outfit in oh so not modern colors.

BOY
Outfit....Pretty cool looking jacket. For some reason it makes me think of Seaon 1 rivals. (Like Gary in particular.)
Hair.... Bloody cool. I can see people cosplaying this without a wig, which is great.
Hat....Pretty much the same as the girl. With that hairstyle I think it'd be cool with no hat, but it's probably too ingrained in the gameplay (or glued to his head) for us to have an option to take it off.
Colors.... Ah, now here we've got a good color scheme. Blue is a traditional boy color, yes, but it's never been paired with orange. (Complimentary colors, ooh!) Plus the combination of orange & black (Particularly on the hat) give off a dangerous vibe I'm totally digging.
Overall: Sleek, slick, and cool. Crossplaying here I come!

Your thoughts?

The girl needs to get the rips in her shorts fixed. That or get smaller pockets so they don't hang out the bottom.

Love the girl. She's awesome, and very retro. I love her hair, she looks professional and hot.:p

The boy is awesome. Very cool and laid back. I think we finally have role models in pokemon! Not that ash isn't someone to look up too, but...

Overall: I love the older characters, and the details that went into them.
10/10

I think they definately need to expand the amount of trainers you can choose from, but I don't think its a big issue though.

I will be doing my usual thing, girl on one, boy on other!

peetzaman said:
I wonder which (if either) of them will be in the anime, and what their names will be...

Well, last time (HGSS) They were both related to music. The girl's name is traditionally a noun in Japanese, with a name close to the meaning in English.

Kasumi=Mist (Misty)
Haruka=Spring Flower (May)
Hikari=Light (Dawn)
Kotone=Harp Song (Lyra)

Maybe something a little less fluffy? XD

I really like the girl, way more than other seasons. I really don't care what colors they give the characters as long as they're cool and these two are deffinetly cool.

These two are really interesting.
They're unlike any other protagonists we've had (the girl, more so than the boy)

sturtle said:
Love the girl. She's awesome, and very retro. I love her hair, she looks professional and hot.:p

The boy is awesome. Very cool and laid back. I think we finally have role models in pokemon! Not that ash isn't someone to look up too, but...

Overall: I love the older characters, and the details that went into them.
10/10

i agree with you in every way.I think Game Freak did a wonderful job, i thought i would dislike them but i was wrong.
The Girl:
She has a very good design, the hair everything seems to fit
The boy:
Fantastic, he looks like he has a hero like personality

They look amazingly awesome. The girl is pretty hot and the dude looks heroic. I wonder how they can be in the anime though if Ash is like 10 still...

I'm definately liking how they're finally going for older players. I think it might be a trend in this kind of anime/game (in Yu-Gi-Oh, the latest series has 18 year olds as the protagonists). That being said, I like the style on both. The girl's kind of hot, and the guy seems like it would be me in the Pokemon world.

The girl is skanky (per usual) and the guy is a tool (like always too). That being said, I'll probably still go with the guy.

dmaster out.

The trainer designs are getting worse and worse as the years go by.

Granted, the male looks better than the fashionably challenged Lucas.

The girls shorts match the length of real girls shorts where i come from... then again... those pockets... or whatever they are... strike me as wierd

im OVER JOYED!!! especially since they are no longer little kids who have for some reason been aloud to roam the country doing dangerous things!!! haha the boy is my fave so i'll be crossplaying :) the girl is pretty cool...but her pants are too short...sorry you can explore caves and mountains in short shorts...its just not possible.

what names do you guys think they will have? i personally like hunter for the boy and megan for the girl i love the designs!!!

chocmoo said:
what names do you guys think they will have? i personally like hunter for the boy and megan for the girl i love the designs!

Well, I don't know about the guy, but as I stated last page the girl's names follow a pattern. :D We just have to find the right noun. Gale? (Gail) Grace? Iris? Rain? The possibilities are endless.

I'm glad that they made the characters look more mature (by quite a bit). I was getting sick of having 10-year olds roaming around without adult supervision in dangerous regions. Although it will probably take some time before I even consider buying these games (I detest the new versions past GSC), I'm liking the edgy look to them. Wicked cool. :)

Back