New Trailer, Key Art, and 50+ Screenshots from Pokemon ‘Brilliant Diamond’ and ‘Shining Pearl!’

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Today’s Pokemon Presents revealed a new trailer and information for Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl!

There will be Trainer customization, you’ll be able to customize your Poke Balls with stickers, and you’ll be able to customize the Grand Underground with statues. Depending on the statues you use, the Underground will feature Pokemon Hideouts where you can encounter certain Pokemon.
A special edition Nintendo Switch Lite will also be available on November 5th. It will have a design on the back featuring a silver-colored Dialga and a gold-colored Palkia.
Both games can now be preordered.
Here’s the official press release:
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl will bring Trainers back to the Sinnoh region, where they will meet Professor Rowan, battle against Team Galactic, and explore the Grand...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I had incredible low expectations for these games, but seeing what they had to offer today I am feeling the same level of hype as I did for the original Sinnoh games! Very good job with capturing the original games feeling while still being new, I also love the new soundtracks!

The character customization returning for a remake of all things is awesome. I'm stoked for these games even if they just seem to be an upgraded version of the original. I also like how the Switch Lite they are making alongside this game is pretty much the same as the DS Lite they made back in the day.

The battle backgrounds are awesome,not gonna lie.
Really hyped for this game.

No new regional forms, no new Dynamax and Gigantamax, no new alternative form for Dialga and Palkia and its doenst match the current style of SwSh which at least to me its the point of the remakes, update the older version to looks as the newest version just like they did with AS and OR, nothing for me on theses games

Two changes from the original that I noticed are overworked encounters and what appears to be a Pokémon battle on a contest stage… the latter of which implies that maybe Pokémon Contests will be redesigned to be more like in the anime? Interesting!

Even though I wasn't a fan of these on their initial announcement, I'm actually kind of looking forward to them now.
One thing that stood out to me in the trailers is that it looks like there's definitely gonna be an updated Pokedex, which was one of my concerns. Hopefully it'll mean the games will use the Platinum dex.
I always liked the Underground in the originals, so I'm glad to see that it's back (and improved)! I really like the idea of Pokemon being available down there too.
Trainer customisation is always nice to see, even if it was a bit unexpected.

It still looks like a mobile game. I don't see any "upgrade" in graphics since announcement - what I see is color correction and massive amounts of bloom, with a video that's a bit sharper. It's obviously not "old gen on current gen's engine", like all the previous remakes.

So the overworld map confirms that there will be NO battle frontier... Seriously? After 12 years and 5 generations later, no Battle frontier ?

Okay, my apologies for the below comment. The Pokémon running around aren’t overworld wild Pokémon, but the return of the Pokémon following their trainer mechanic. An admirable addition, even if the only game of fourth generation the mechanic was featured in was a remake of a previous generation.
Two changes from the original that I noticed are overworked encounters and what appears to be a Pokémon battle on a contest stage… the latter of which implies that maybe Pokémon Contests will be redesigned to be more like in the anime? Interesting!

Two things I wish would happen in these, one of which might:
1. a really cool post-game story involving Giratina and the Distortion World. Kinda like the part of the main story in Platinum, but different.
2. Anyone remember Primal Dialga from PMD? Yeah, Primal Dialga and Palkia would be really cool to have part of the story around.

No new regional forms, no new Dynamax and Gigantamax, no new alternative form for Dialga and Palkia and its doenst match the current style of SwSh which at least to me its the point of the remakes, update the older version to looks as the newest version just like they did with AS and OR, nothing for me on theses games

I'm glad we're not getting new Dynamax and/or Z-moves. Mega Evolution is the only recent new mechanic introduced that has sorta stayed for while, and to me, the only one that really makes sense. I wonder if we may get the new forms introduced in the Legends Arceus game (doubtful, but possible). Updates to the modern graphics style would be nice, but I have to admit I like the old style with better graphics just about as well.

I had incredible low expectations for these games, but seeing what they had to offer today I am feeling the same level of hype as I did for the original Sinnoh games! Very good job with capturing the original games feeling while still being new, I also love the new soundtracks!

Yeah, I was afraid they were going the Sword/Shield way, but they thankfully chose to go for the original scope instead of better graphics (obviously the graphics are better than the original games but not on par with gen 8, which is fine).

Fingers crossed they will take note of all the enthousiastic reactions and go this way with the gen 9 games; that is keeping the games adventurous instead of streamlining everything.

Okay, my apologies for the below comment. The Pokémon running around aren’t overworld wild Pokémon, but the return of the Pokémon following their trainer mechanic. An admirable addition, even if the only game of fourth generation the mechanic was featured in was a remake of a previous generation.
Another apology. What I thought was a Pokémon Battle in a concert hall was actually just the Move Evaluation stage of a Super Contest. I’m not familiar with Pokémon Contests beyond what I saw in Pokémon the Series; when I was playing Pokémon Diamond, I had already completed the game when I randomly decided to try a Super Contest just to see what it was like (obviously I came in last), but I didn’t remember about it until I looked up the Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Pokémon Presents update on Serebii and saw the entry about Pokémon Contests.
For those of you who don’t already know, Serebii is another old Pokémon fan site and source of reliable information, created and run by another dedicated Pokémon fan whose name evades me at the moment. While Serebii covers almost none of the Pokémon TCG leaks that Pokébeach covers (probably because of the sheer quantity of leaks), it does a wonderful job at covering all other aspects of the Pokémon TCG. When you combine Serebii and Pokébeach, you get an extremely reliable and virtually comprehensive source of Pokémon news.
(I’m guessing this is not an infringement of the “do not promote similar sites rule” since Serebii and Pokébeach generally cover different aspects of the Pokémon franchise, but if this is still not okay, all you staff members know where to find me (Pokébeach DMs) if you need to scream at me correct me.)

So I've been looking over the footage etc again, and something that I found a bit noteworthy is that Bidoof's Pokedex number is 399 which is its national dex number, rather than Sinnoh dex number (which was 13 in the original D/P/Pt). Could this be an indicator that we're getting a national dex in these games?

Back