New SWSH Rayquaza Promo, Resistance Changes Coming to SWSH Era!

Zero Umbreon

Pyromaniacal sorcerer
That rainbow looks awesome on Rayquaza!

Btw I’m gonna say that every time one of these cards are announced

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
I like the increase in resistance! It is something often forgotten about and doesn't play a role during game.
I wish most Pokemon had resistance so people start thinking on this attribute when building decks.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Imagine if they went back to weaknesses being 10+ to 40+ on regular Pokemon and 2x on Pokemon V and possibly make Pokemon V-Max have 3x weakness. That would neat, obviously not happening sadly.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Rayquaza - Ehh?! Even with the Welder strat. 2 Geodudes
  • Resistance - Match with the powercreep tho. Increasing the resistance to -30 is seems okay and now ground-breaking.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Oh cool, now you can reduce my 250 damage attack (which PTCG powercreeped to deal with Tag Teams) by whole 30 damage.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting. That means that Sword and Shield will be the first set since EX Power Keepers to have x2 Weakness and -30 Resistance. Just like the good old days.

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Although probably not a HUGE change, 30 is a lot more important of a number these days than 20. I'll take what I can get, I guess.

SupStar

Aspiring Trainer
Although probably not a HUGE change, 30 is a lot more important of a number these days than 20. I'll take what I can get, I guess.
Ye definitely with all the super powerful moves, naturally resists should be higher

TBH I wish weaknesses and resists were completely removed in favor of types being distinguished by their compatibility with items and abilities and just dictating a general playstyle rather than being like "grass v fire? guess you lose kid". It'd be like if in MTG Blue just has a massive advantage against Red by default.

It just makes unnecessary situations like if there is a really good Water and Fire deck in the meta, or really good Fighting and Dark deck at the same time, the Fire and Dark decks have their consistency flushed down the toilet as they immediately lose if they go against their counterpart deck, and throwing in anti-weakness cards just wastes slots that the Water and Fighting decks don't have to worry about, so even if you have Weakness Policies, Weakness Guard energies, etc you're still at some kind of inherent disadvantage.

Volkner123

Better Pokemon trainer than Ash will ever be
No supporter on first turn... that’ll be kinda weird. I don’t think that there was any changes in the Sun and Moon format was there? But I think a change in resistance is good and a little necessary to keep it interesting cause I don’t think about Resistance a whole lot

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
if people dont end up playing a two of those in those garchomp giratina decks i'll be shocked.

Does damage and prevents retreat? well then. thats either a cheeky TTGX kill or a forced switch?

im okay with both :')