New 'Sword & Shield' Battle Stadium, Abilities, and More Revealed at Worlds!

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Steel Beam? Hmm I wonder what that move is and if it’s finally the steel type version of Thunderbolt Ice Beam etc

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Now to get the perfect competitive Pokemon, you have to get the right nature, Gigantamax capable, hidden ability able (if needed) Pokemon in max raids; no breeding (so far)...:eek::eek::eek:
I'll NEVER be able to get that! Not without a dumb amount of time logged!

Remember when back in the day all you needed to be competitive was not give your Charizard tackle?
Rest in pieces Pokemon Red.

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
Now to get the perfect competitive Pokemon, you have to get the right nature, Gigantamax capable, hidden ability able (if needed) Pokemon in max raids; no breeding (so far)...:eek::eek::eek:
I'll NEVER be able to get that! Not without a dumb amount of time logged!

Remember when back in the day all you needed to be competitive was not give your Charizard tackle?
Rest in pieces Pokemon Red.
Oh yeah, that brings up the breeding issue. Will they cut it out like they did the Gen 1 remakes? That makes the games way more annoying to get viable Pokémon.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yeah, that brings up the breeding issue. Will they cut it out like they did the Gen 1 remakes? That makes the games way more annoying to get viable Pokémon.
They will be. LGPE is a mistake.

I assume Breaking Swipe is a 60 BP Dragon-type move since it does 50% dmg on Haxorus while Conkeldurr is like 30%.

Galarian Weezing is gosh darn broken on its Second ability makes useless Pokemon become useful again. Truant? No problem. Poison Heal? You suck Gliscor. Volt Absorb? Not a problem. It also affects your ally so its a risk you can take.

Secret Agent Seal

Aspiring Trainer
Kanto Weezing has Toxic Spikes and all the coverage it needs. The Galarian form now gives it a far superior typing and an ability that shuts down a lot of top tier threats (Contrary Seperior, Mega Mawile lacking Iron Head, Magic Guard Clefable...). The one thing we don't know is the stat distribution, although it will probably keep its 480 BST and have a similar distribution to Kanto Weezing. I don't think it will be OU honestly, but it will probably be a niche pick in stall builds (similar to mons like Avalugg and Moltres which counter very specific threats).

Eject Pack could be fun on offense. U-turn and Volt Switch are among the most metagame definining moves out there, so to grant their switching ability to +130 BP moves like Leaf Storm seems good. I don't think it opens any doors for lower tier Pokemon, but it's a great lure option for already strong picks like Fleur Cannon Magearna and V-Create Victini.

Other reveals seem boring or unimportant.

Geodude

Aspiring Trainer
Galarian Weezing is gosh darn broken on its Second ability makes useless Pokemon become useful again. Truant? No problem. Poison Heal? You suck Gliscor. Volt Absorb? Not a problem. It also affects your ally so its a risk you can take.

Attacks such as Gastro Acid and Worry Seed that shut down or change abilities already don't work on Truant, so there's a chance that Neutralizing Gas won't either.