News New Solgaleo-GX and Lunala-GX in November Starter Set!

GX cards that are done by someone different?! And it's PLANETA?! And they're visually appealing?!

...This is a really good sign for things to come.

Oh my goodness... that Solgaleo GX... is... rediculous!

Seriously though, that card is amazing. If paired with the old Solgaleo GX it could literally be the bditf. I mean, crazy ability, super cheap, super powerful attack, and an a GX attack that can heal the already impossible to 1HKO Solgaleo. This is going to be crazy!

Lunala GX, not much. It seems really boring tbh :p almost no effect attacks and not even an ability. The 0 retreat cost is cool, and it could be a decent deck with the old Lunala, but, overall, it isn't too great. Solgaleo for the win ;)

Comin from someone which plays Leo/Bronzong, and Lunala/Tales...

Holy frick!

I will be buying at least 3 of each!

Holy shit!!! That solgaleo is so good with the existing GX one. This will be in my deck over the guardians rising one.

That Solgaleo is amazing! 120 damage and energy acceleration for a DCE? And it gives all your Pokémon no weakness? I think a 4-3-2/2/1 line would work, but I'm sure someone will find an optimal build once it's released.

This with Ultra Road will be completely broken. Not liking this.

I'm tired of seeing Gardevoir GX everywhere so I'm cool with it. I think we'll see a rise in Fire-type decks that use Garbotoxin like Ho-Oh/Turtonator/Garbodor or even Salazzle/Garbodor.

I'm tired of seeing Gardevoir GX everywhere so I'm cool with it. I think we'll see a rise in Fire-type decks that use Garbotoxin like Ho-Oh/Turtonator/Garbodor or even Salazzle/Garbodor.
Considering I've spent a lot of time building a Gardevoir deck this is pretty annoying, but it's not just Gardevoir but every deck in the meta.
First off, 120 and acceleration for a DCE is way too powerful. Meaning it can use max potion with no real drawback if it gets hit. With Ultra Road it has free retreat, and with the ability it can't be OHKO'd. Also, no reliable way to turn off abilities without using Garbotoxin (which a lot of decks don't have space for and don't want to use). Spread damage with Necrozma/Weavile is not much of an issue because of the healing GX attack. Devolving with Espeon can be prevented by teching in Magearna. So far this deck is looking pretty unbalanced.

I think the Lunala is meant to also be used with the new Solgaleo, but why bother when the older Solgaleo GX gives more utility and hits harder for less?

Considering I've spent a lot of time building a Gardevoir deck this is pretty annoying, but it's not just Gardevoir but every deck in the meta.
First off, 120 and acceleration for a DCE is way too powerful. Meaning it can use max potion with no real drawback if it gets hit. With Ultra Road it has free retreat, and with the ability it can't be OHKO'd. Also, no reliable way to turn off abilities without using Garbotoxin (which a lot of decks don't have space for and don't want to use). Spread damage with Necrozma/Weavile is not much of an issue because of the healing GX attack. Devolving with Espeon can be prevented by teching in Magearna. So far this deck is looking pretty unbalanced.

Eh, plenty of people could make a case as to why they feel Gardevoir GX is unbalanced right now.

As far as Solgaleo is concerned, there are still drawbacks. First, you have to get two different Stage 2s out for it to work effectively. Yes, they use the same evolutionary line, but you still have to have both in your hand along with two Cosmog or Cosmoem on the field AND Rare Candy if you're evolving straight from the Cosmog. Because your "support" Pokémon is a Stage 2 as well, consistency will be a concern. Second, Garbotoxin can shut the deck down because not having access to Ultra Road and the new GX's ability severely limits the deck. Decks adapt to the format all the time. More decks will find a way to add Garbodor if Solgaleo becomes the BDIF. I think the fact that the deck is completely reliant on getting out two different GXs helps balance it a bit. I do think it's powerful, but since no one knows how it's going to impact the format or if there are any other cards coming out that "check" it, it's a little early to say it's unbalanced.

I can see it now Solgaleo GX/Lunala Gx deck having 120 w/ solgaleo to attach 2 psychic to Lunala and then do 200 then switching with the original SOlgaleo gx

Back