New Rising Fist Decks

thood

Konohagakure Shinobi
So we now have all the scans (I believe) for the next upcoming set, Rising Fist. What are some of the best cards you see coming out of this set? Any cards you expect to make a huge impact on the Meta? Maybe a format shift? Anything about any of the cards from this set. I'd like to hear everyones' opinions and thoughts about this next set, and maybe some decks that you guys have already thought up maybe using cards only from Rising Fist, or adding those cards into an already popular deck. Your favorite card release from the set. Maybe you really like a card's artwork, or ability. Any cards you hate already? I'd like to hear EVERYTHING. Thanks :D.

RE: New Decks and Possibilities with the Release of Rising Fist

I said it in the news thread, but I really like the art in this set, especially the full art supporters.

I'm expecting something along the lines of a recovery stall deck featuring Jynx with Goodra, a possibility of healing 100 HP a turn with no items or supporters. I could see a Noivern focus sash combo which again would be evasive. I'm interested in seeing how lucario gets played, Toxicroak EX can counter it well I'd think.

I'm play testing a lucario deck ATM but I also see good potential behind seismatoad ex/garbodor item lock on a basic is mean with ability lock. The other card I see is Hawlucha non-EX for 1 energy you do 60 and that can be easily added to with this set so I can see it being used like Terrakian NV as a revenge Pokemon. That's just of the few I see I think match amp might have a chance with training stadium giving stage 2 +30 HP.

Can't wait to build a Lucario/Raichu/Garbodor deck with a bunch of techs! Other than that, I REALLY like Blaziken. Need to find a way to hit the magic 170 though, since it can only hit the active for more damage with Muscle Band.

Blaziken can hit for 180 on an Active Big Basic with Silver Bangle attached, I don't see how Lucario EX will be playable in the current format until Mewtwo EX and Deoxys EX get rotated out which I believe they'll stay for one more season unless we get a hard rotation to XY-On which would be suicide even though it would help get rid of the power creep from the BW sets.

Dragonite EX combos nicely with Cassius by enabling you to promote a benched Pokemon for free while returning energies back into your deck but due to the attack cost requirements I'm not sure how good it will be. Seismitoad/Garbodor I fear could be this format's Fossil Aerodactyl/Dark Vileplume lockdown deck due to how fast the setup is compared to Pyroar/Archeops.

Nice guys! Some cards that stood out to me where Politoed, Mienshao, Mountain Ring, Training Center, Eevee, and Clawitzer.

Politoed - Looks like it has a deck already built out for it. Politoed's ability King's Song makes it so all Poliwag, Poliwhirl, and Poliwrath's colorless energy requirements for their attacks can all be ignored. So Poliwrath is hitting for 60 and 30 to the bench for no energy, and 130 for 2 water energy. Not to shabby.

Mienshao - his first attack Aero Turn, does 40 and makes you return Mienshao and all cards attached to it to your hand, all for one fighting energy. Maybe this might see some sort of play in a lock deck?

Mountain Ring - This is gonna be a fun card, I can tell already. It protects all benched pokemon from damage from all attacks. It's a god stadium to use if you aren't running any stadiums yet. Example: So in my RayBoar deck, I run Delphox not Beach, so I need a stadium to counter Frozen CityVirbank, why not run Mountain Ring? It protects against Darkrai, Genesect, and Landorus, just to name a few.

Training Center - This card makes me happy. It looks like TPC took some effort to make a stadium that only Stage 1 and Stage 2's can use. Sure, 30 HP isn't great, but it isn't bad either. It gives most Stage 2's the same HP as your typical EX - 170, 180 HP.

Eevee - His ability is it. This card will could be the best Eevee to run if you still play Flareon and Friends. However, now you're forced to run different energy types. Not sure how well this Eevee will be received.

Clawitzer - His second attack is 50 plus 20 more for each water energy attached, with a requirement of 3 colorless energy. So it is the exact same as Keldeo EX's attack besides the name. Might be a good non EX attacker in Blastoise that doesn't get OHKO'd by Druddigon, but it's also a stage 1, plus it only has 100 HP, which is an easy OHKO for Yveltal EX or Mewtwo EX.

The obvious one: Fighting. I could see this working similar to plasma. Machamp works like Deoxys and Landorus like Thundurus. With strong energy AND Machamp, you could be doing a lot of damage for a single energy while simultaneously powering up other attackers. You wouldn't even need that many energy. I think it's safe to say this is going to be a broken archetype.

Seismitoad EX lock decks: We now have a basic pokemon that can item lock for a DCE. There's Garbodor/Seismatoad for ability lock, but you could also try something with Dragalge/lasers for retreat lock. The only problem is the low damage output (30), but that's where lasers/muscle band comes in.

Politoed: The deck builts itself. I could see running a very heavy line (4-4-3/3) with 4 evo sodas and a couple rare candy. Four DCE and a couple of appropriate attackers (Mewtwo/Druddigon) and you could have something.

Magmortor/Electrivire: It could actually work. With muscle band, Magmortor is hitting for 180. The massive energy cost can be taken care of with blacksmith.

Blaziken: Again, thanks to it's typing, I could see this working. Blacksmith provides the acceleration, silver bangle lets you kill active EXes while also taking care of pesky bench sitters. There's also Delphox for extra draw.

M Heracross/healing: Grass has enough healing pokemon to hopefully keep this at full health (Cherrem) There's also Virizion which is great support.

Training Center: There are a lot of pokemon that could benefit from this. Delphox, Pyroar, plasma Beartic. More cards like this should be a godsend to evolution decks.

I'll probably make a top 10 list later.

Could a lucario deck even face a mewtwo deck? If mewtwo has a dce and lucario has 3 energy for his attack , that's almost a KO.

On another note the dragon types are all looking interesting. Despite being a stage 2, flygon could be helpful in energy acceleration and also healing.

ryter78 said:
Could a lucario deck even face a mewtwo deck? If mewtwo has a dce and lucario has 3 energy for his attack , that's almost a KO.

On another note the dragon types are all looking interesting. Despite being a stage 2, flygon could be helpful in energy acceleration and also healing

Sure, Lucario decks will also be playing Mewtwo. Mewtwo vs Mewtwo.

Yeah, Lucario is going to be the new Landorus (so sad that it's going out by the way :'( ), and it has built-in draw power too. The Mega looks extremely promising as well, I really think this one could be the first to be played competitively. That with Raichu and Mewtwo and Garbodor, and you have a great deck that covers all of the big meta decks, in my opinion.

Takezo_Kensei said:
ryter78 said:

On another note the dragon types are all looking interesting. Despite being a stage 2, flygon could be helpful in energy acceleration and also healing

Sure, Lucario decks will also be playing Mewtwo. Mewtwo vs Mewtwo.

There's also Toxicroak, which can OHKO Mewtwo and Deoxys for one colorless energy. Might actually be better cause you don't have to run DCE.

Very few people will be using Lucario's three energy attack its just not that good compared to the other attacks.

Seismitoad with garbador could be a good deck.

Mega Heracross, with Dragonite EX, with Virizion EX, with max potions could be an interesting deck.

Maybe something with that Drowzee card would be fun.
If somehow you could get the defending Pokemon Confused, Asleep, or Burned...

chibineko1989 said:
Anything in this set that would go good with greninja besides the stadium?

If I understand correctly, with multiple Aurorus on your bench the ability will combine for a maximum of 80 damage taken off from opponents attacks. Throw in a hard charm and you're at 100. The new supporter will get all your amaura out in two turns so that's handy.

ryter78 said:
chibineko1989 said:
anything in this set that would go good with greninja besides the stadium?

If I understand correctly, with multiple Aurorus on your bench the ability will combine for a maximum of 80 damage taken off from opponents attacks. Throw in a hard charm and you're at 100. The new supporter will get all your amaura out in two turns so that's handy.

It looks like you would be correct. Now to just find a decent attacking water pokemon, with good damage output. I think it may be similar to an emperor penguin. :) or a unicorn.

chibineko1989 said:
Anything in this set that would go good with greninja besides the stadium?

Possible idea: Poliwhril/Politoed. Should require a lot of setting up (two stage 2 lines), but you'll have a free attacker that can hit for 100 while sniping with Greninja (and not having to use any energy to attack).

Why would you think Aurorus would be the revival of Empoleon when Garbodor makes it practically unplayable in this format especially when you need to devote 3-4 slots in your deck for Fossil Researcher to get your Amaura's out on your bench which takes up a draw supporter that you could be playing for that turn let alone Lysandre and you'd also need space for 3-4 Evosoda to evolve Amaura into Aurorus when you already run 4 Rare Candy for Empoleon which is likely to get shutdown by Seismitoad EX on Turn 1.

Back