Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Today’s Pokemon Presents revealed more information about Pokemon Legends: Arceus!

Sinnoh is known as Hisui in this era. You are part of the Galaxy Expedition Team, which is made up of people from other regions who have joined together to explore Hisui. This includes Professor Laventon and Cyllene (who looks an awful lot like an ancestor of Cyrus). As a member of the Survey Corps, you set off on expeditions to capture and study Pokemon in the region. Your goal is to complete the region’s first Pokedex.
New regional formes include Hisuian Growlithe (Fire/Rock) and Hisuian Braviary (Psychic/Flying). Wyrdeer (Normal/Psychic) is the regional evolution of Stantler and Basculegion (Water/Ghost) is the regional evolution of Basculin.
When you battle Pokemon you can receive damage and black out. Pokemon battles will now feature different attack styles and ways of battling.
Here is the official press release:
As a member of the Galaxy Expedition Team, players will visit Jubilife Village, a...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ArceusTrainer

Arceus Collector
While I am not a fan of almost empty open areas, this game might be a chance for Game Freak to redeem themself. I absolutely love the artstyle and the new Pokemons! I cant wait to play the game!

GM DracLord

Shadow of Death
There goes our Sinnoh Form, if things they gonna be future Legends series, it's a good way to give valid reason for older Pokemon to gain regional form for that region. There still hope for the starters to gain regional evolution.

TCG Jake

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder if we will see any future reveals of new Pokemon for this game or if this is it. We have yet to see Arceus seems like other than being a huge part of the story they might be saving something for it. Probably not though.

Bongooo

Eternatus VMAX is Mega Rayquaza's goth phase
Basculegion looks great!
Also they announced the vgc would stay in swsh, which is dissapointing because it's getting stale

Zeeman

Pachirisu is the cutest
I like the new forms! They fit the style of the game and look great.
What I don't like is the polish. The red eyes don't even look like they are attached to the models, the camera bounce while riding Pokemon, even from afar, is very bouncy, and the lover all landscape is low poly. Rather frustrating considering this could have been a visual masterpiece with another year of development. Ah well, if you're 11y/o you don't care much about those things anyways...

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Not very exited with the selection of Pokemons to get new forms but the bigger winner here is Basculin which is along several pokemon on the list of the most forgetable Pokemons and this evolutions looks actually good and probably will be another version of it

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
This game looks great! I like the fact that the Sinnoh region has a different name and that it is home to regional variants that are probably long since extinct.

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
This game has me so excited to play it! I have always been a fan of Breath of the Wild, and This certainly has the same feels as that game. I am going to pre-order this as soon as possible.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I'm really looking forward to this game. The new Growlithe form is making me inordinately happy.
One thing in the trailer that really stood out to me was the emphasis on that Pokemon can be dangerous (and footage of Pokemon that are attempting to attack the player). Obviously I know there's only so far they can take that aspect in games, but it's nice to see it actually being implemented.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
While the Switch is definitely showing its age here, the gameplay changes are very much welcome. We're still not sure what exactly is the driving force behind the plot, some of the new mechanics seem solid. It's a bummer they haven't introduced an active combat system - choosing attacks WHILE having to dodge the attacks of the opposing Pokemon - but at least the old turn-based one got a much-needed upgrade.

Basculegion looks great!
Also they announced the vgc would stay in swsh, which is dissapointing because it's getting stale
I have a feeling that they will at least add the Sinnoh starters and the Hisuian forms, in the same way we got the remaining Kanto Starters, the Alolan Starters, and a few legendary and mythical Pokémon when Pokémon Home dropped. Perhaps we might even get a more sizable batch of Pokémon.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
This looks like a carbon copy of BotW, they even copied the trailer imagery and structure.
Love the new regional variants (although Wyrdeer looks more like a Stantler variant rather than its evolution).

The red eyes don't even look like they are attached to the models, the camera bounce while riding Pokemon, even from afar, is very bouncy, and the lover all landscape is low poly.
The landscape? Yes, it is a little low resolution. It might get a little better, perhaps significantly better, upon release, but I suppose that it we shouldn’t be too hopeful that a massive improvement will be made. Not that I mind the lower resolution personally. I think the game already looks beautiful.
The bounce? Yes, there is a lot of bouncing going on, but I feel that it adds an extra layer of realism to the riding, because, hey, you’ll be bouncing a lot if you ride an actual reindeer. Granted that you won’t be looking at your own body from a third person perspective as if your soul has become detached from your body and floated away to a more interesting viewing point, but I suppose that’s what willing suspension of disbelief is for.
The eyes? The red aura seems to be detached from the actual eyes? Not sure how many others will agree, but I personally feel as if that was exactly the effect they were aiming for. Are a Gastly’s eyes truly attached to its body?
Not trying to say that your statement about the rushed development of the game or the graphics aren’t valid. I am sure that this game would look more polished if it took longer to develop. But personally I don’t mind and would rather get this game in early 2022 than in early 2023, and as I said, the eyes were probably on purpose. As for the riding bounce, I’m sure there will be people who will be completely charmed by it, people who feel queasy every time they ride a Stantler (or its new evolved form), and everything in between.
Anyways, hope all of you enjoy the game regardless of whether or not it is everything you were hoping it would be.

Last edited: