PTCGO New PTCGO theme decks?

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Will be ever new deck like these? I mean the decks a new player get when join for the first time, I dont remember the name of the decks but are the water deck (Articuno, Gyarados and Vaporeon) Electric deck (Zapdos, Raichu and Jolteon) and fire deck (Moltress, Arcanine and Flareon) also the Psyquic type for online battles (Gallade)

I though every year new decks were added, but in 2017 not happen and in 2018 neither, how often new decks like these wede added? I now that before the 3 I already mention there was Greninja/Walrein, Chesnaut/Shiftry and Delphox/Rapidash

I like how you not get the full deck the first time and you have to earn cards to had the complete deck, also update the CPUs player with new decks as well, the decks they use are complete obsolete

Last edited:

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
It's happened once with each generation. There was a set of HGSS ones, BW ones and XY ones. Oddly, I don't think they ever released SM ones for whatever reason.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
It's happened once with each generation. There was a set of HGSS ones, BW ones and XY ones. Oddly, I don't think they ever released SM ones for whatever reason.

I dunno when they released the XY ones since I only started playing when Crimson Invasion was released, but I do know the XY decks contain cards from Ancient Origins, so they must've been released half-way through the life of the XY series. Celestial Storm would be the equivalent to Ancient Origins, so it's not too late for them to bring out S&M era decks. Although they'd better do it soon, Celestial Storm may be a recent set but it will be half a year old once Team Up comes around....

Or maybe they just forgot/don't care lol.

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
I dunno when they released the XY ones since I only started playing when Crimson Invasion was released, but I do know the XY decks contain cards from Ancient Origins, so they must've been released half-way through the life of the XY series. Celestial Storm would be the equivalent to Ancient Origins, so it's not too late for them to bring out S&M era decks. Although they'd better do it soon, Celestial Storm may be a recent set but it will be half a year old once Team Up comes around....

Or maybe they just forgot/don't care lol.

There were actually 2 during the XY era. I didn't notice because I forgot about them, and the newest 3 don't follow the same naming pattern. (The previous ones were HS Basic Red/BW Basic Red/XY Basic Red/etc., the new ones were Born of Fire, Hidden Depths and Crushing Current.) Given they were released just after Steam Siege, that might actually explain why we didn't get SM ones. I'd guess they didn't want to go through all the Trainer Challenge decks and update them to SM.

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
I dindt know the trio birds were released with Steam Siege, so theres still a chance of new decks based on Sun and Moon, hopefully will be soon