New Pokken Tournament Fighter to be Revealed Next Week!

I hope the Pokemon announced is Giratina, Infernape, one of the genies, Lati@s, Salamence, Metagross, or Regigigas, but chances are it will be Swampert just to finish the Hoenn starters. I would LOVE to see them include more bipedal/floating characters rather than just Suicune (which chances are, they will). I don't really count Swampert in this group because as shown in the anime/games, it's also capable of standing and walking on two feet. Either way I can't complain too much, it's about time they made an actual fighting game. I also wonder if typing will have any mechanic.

I don't really think we can predict the Pokemon that is to be released based on current types, they already have three fighting-types in the game, as fighters, which breaks the pattern (and yes I think variety is good, but there's nothing stopping them from adding another Pokemon of the same types that are currently known)

Honestly, if they can make a large quadruped like Suicune work, they can probably make a floater (a la Reuiniclus) work too. The only thing that seems unlikely in that list is probably Vaniulluxe lol. I'd love to see any of the above Pokemon in the game.

That said, it's looking like Swampert. But I guess we'll see!

Honestly, if they can make a large quadruped like Suicune work, they can probably make a floater (a la Reuiniclus) work too. The only thing that seems unlikely in that list is probably Vaniulluxe lol. I'd love to see any of the above Pokemon in the game.

That said, it's looking like Swampert. But I guess we'll see!

My sources said a while back they were considering Vanilluxe as a joke character.

I'll just throw what I know out there.

My source contacted me while I was on staff through email and told me that they were looking at Garchomp, Lopunny, Kangaskhan and Tyranitar. They also said the roster total would be 20. Nothing was said about DLC.

Chandelure? Sort of an odd choice. There are already so many fire types in the game already and it seems like Swampert would be a more reasonable and better choice. o_O

When will the game debut in the states? And will weakness, paralysis, poison and everything else like that still apply?

I can see why so many staff members were so salty.

It's not even from way outta left field, it's from the freaking parking lot.

Thrilled it's not Swampert. Bummed Hitmonchan wasn't announced, I will cling to hope that one day it will though *^*

@crystal_pidgeot here's your non-humanoid Pokemon!

They literally just gave Swampert a giant middle finger and that's hilarious!

Yeah they did. I'm sure we all knew it wouldn't be revealed. I'm still waiting for Pidgeot now.

I'm glad to see Chandelure is here. I was hoping Chandelure or Ageislash made the roster so I'm glad to see Chandelure gets the chance to shine!

This is what the roster should be. It should be Pokemon, not Tekken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that it comes to mind: Chandelure is the first Gen Five Pokemon for Pokken. It's nice to see it in the roster and I'm interested in seeing if perhaps it's a trap zoner.

Generation 5 reinvigorated my appreciation for Pokemon and actually as many of my favorites Chandelure included.

Woooo! This actually is a really cool choice, and as WPM said, it's got some very sick glass effects. :3

Back