New Pokken Tournament Fighter to be Revealed Next Week!

Interesting! Did the source hinted at the final roster size and whether or not there is going to be DLC?

Interesting! Did the source hinted at the final roster size and whether or not there is going to be DLC?

Not really. He just said things I should look at for but since I don't have the comment, he was pretty sure about hitmontop or two other possible pokemon being revealed on the 15. He did tell me most of the roster will be hidden till the games release.

List of typings not yet used: Normal, Ground, Psychic, Rock, Ice and Bug
For each type I have a Pokémon I want: Cinccino, Flygon, Malamar, Aggron, Vanilluxe and Heracross
I think Flygon and Heracross are the best options.

Without the typing list I think I am going for Rampardos! (Still has Rock type though :rolleyes:)

Personally, Id absolutely love it if the new character was Flygon, AND they debuted his Mega that will be featured in the upcoming main series games. Its a stretch, but it certainly would start the hype train for the next set of main games!

List of typings not yet used: Normal, Ground, Psychic, Rock, Ice and Bug
For each type I have a Pokémon I want: Cinccino, Flygon, Malamar, Aggron, Vanilluxe and Heracross
I think Flygon and Heracross are the best options.

Without the typing list I think I am going for Rampardos! (Still has Rock type though :rolleyes:)
Gardevoir is psychic type though so we already have that.

It's either going to be Hitmonlee (cause it's fighting type hitmonlee), Flygon (cause he's popular), Swampert (to complete the hoenn trio, although that'd be a little much), or Darkrai

I think it is Swampert. It would be the obvious choice to complete the Hoenn starters to make people who play this interested in playing ORAS. Also, it has a Mega Evolution, and I have a feeling they prefer having the "Special mechanic" of each character being Megas rather than a completely new thing. I can't say I prefer Swampert over anything else on that list though.

I also think this is one of the most exciting Pokémon games in a while. I first got into Pokémon through the anime back in 1999, and I was kinda disapointed to figure out the games from which the game came from were actually RPGs instead of a fighter. I really hope this game is an experiment and that we could in the future have something akin to a main series game with arcade style battles instead of turned based ones. But reallistically, it would probably be insanely hard to make 800+ fighters in a game.

I'm so excited for this that I'm actually considering buying a Wii U for this. Is there going to be a bundle? If so, that's what I'm getting.

I think it is Swampert. It would be the obvious choice to complete the Hoenn starters to make people who play this interested in playing ORAS. Also, it has a Mega Evolution, and I have a feeling they prefer having the "Special mechanic" of each character being Megas rather than a completely new thing. I can't say I prefer Swampert over anything else on that list though.

I also think this is one of the most exciting Pokémon games in a while. I first got into Pokémon through the anime back in 1999, and I was kinda disapointed to figure out the games from which the game came from were actually RPGs instead of a fighter. I really hope this game is an experiment and that we could in the future have something akin to a main series game with arcade style battles instead of turned based ones. But reallistically, it would probably be insanely hard to make 800+ fighters in a game.

I'm so excited for this that I'm actually considering buying a Wii U for this. Is there going to be a bundle? If so, that's what I'm getting.
I thought they revealed a bundle somedays ago
Nevermind what I saw was that controller box >.>

I believe it's Swampert. I mean, here...

entry20.jpg

Here's the image for Sceptile's announcement. Look at the message in the black bar.
ヒントは• • •名前に「ン」が付いているぞ!

Now, look at the new image.
entry25.png
(sorry, lower half i didn't expect to be part of it)
Now look at this message.
ヒントは• • •名前に「ラ」が付いているぞ!

See the trend? And, you may have also noticed the hazard bars on the top and bottom are the opposite colors. I believe this is to indicate a set, as in they are part of a group or are the last additions announced (possibly in just this way). Anyway, I feel like this is telling us, without a doubt, it is Swampert. I'll honestly be surprised if it's anything else.

Nah but seriously, if we're assuming fully-evolved Pokemon that aren't Support Pokemon nor appear in the backgrounds of stages, AND have the character ラ in their Japanese name, we're left with:

Keep in mind that the staff seemed...upset with the final choice.
  • Raticate
  • Raichu
  • Vileplume
  • Parasect
  • Kingler
  • Marowak
  • Hitmonlee
  • Hitmonchan
  • Kangaskhan
  • Jynx
  • Gyarados
  • Umbreon
  • Granbull
  • Kingdra
  • Hitmontop
  • Raikou
  • Tyranitar
  • Swampert
  • Mightyena
  • Aggron
  • Manectric
  • Gorebyss
  • Relicanth
  • Latias
  • Latios
  • Groudon
  • Luxray
  • Rampardos
  • Honchkrow
  • Drapion
  • Gliscor
  • Giratina
  • Darkrai
  • Stoutland
  • Zebstrika
  • Scolipede
  • Basculin
  • Maractus
  • Carracosta
  • Cinccino
  • Reuniclus
  • Vanilluxe
  • Galvantula
  • Heatmor
  • Hydreigon
  • Terrakion
  • Reshiram
  • Landorus
  • Florges
  • Malamar
  • Dragalge
  • Tyrantrum
Go nuts.

Latias master race.

Technically the flying type hasn't been used yet.

Not that I mind too much but I really don't want Swampert here. There are too many starters here already but if they did want more, they haven't picked the other important one yet, Serperior, which a lot of people are wanting.

People are also a little tired of all the humanoid Pokemon/fighting styles and want something else shown.

Reuniclus should totally be in it because 1. its my second favorite pokemon and 2. look at those HANDS! his pokedex entry They use psychic power to control their arms, which are made of a special liquid. They can crush boulders psychically. See it can throw boulders to crush the opponent

Ah, I must be misinformed then. That's a bummer because I really like smash too

Honestly I feel people only like Smash because of Pokemon. I don't really care for the series anymore because of poor roster choices and blatant advertisement DLC. People want Pokken Tournament to be something Smash never will be. I consider it to be a trash game now and if people really wanted to be honest with themselves, then they will say the same thing to. The series didn't evolve and outside of ad DLC, its not changing.

I'm glad what smash did for the series of games like it but Pokken Tournament is the game we wanted smash to be, if it had more Pokemon in it. If you like smash, then fine but I really don't want to compare Pokken Tournament to a game I consider to be trash.

Well here's what I think. right now we have 11 fighters (not including mewtwo) 6 of whom are capable of mega evolution. Which makes me think that this next fighter won't be able to mega evolve so it'll be even. Next the types that aren't represented in the game so far are: Bug, Nrml, Rock, and Grnd. Technically Drgn isn't in the game, but is represented by extension by charizard and sceptile. So there might be a good chance of the new fighter having one of these types. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they just added another mega evolver or fighting type.

Back