NEW POKEMON!!!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
bass_forte said:
^Just letting you know, a pointless post like that could be considered spam.. try and put some thought into your posts..

Serebii's calling it Manafui. Is this another thing that's essentially identical in Japanese but different in English, like 'v' and 'b', 'l' and 'r' (Heh), etc? PurpleKecleon of Deviantart also translated it as Manafi... >_> So confusing.

And should this be sticky?
Don't even bother listening to Serebii. Everyone is calling it Manafi, Vincent translated it as Manafi, and Serebii doesn't know a word of Japanese. We don't need another "Rukario" situation here or anywhere else because of Serebii's stupidity.

Miamisportsfan45

Aspiring Trainer
Its got to be a water Type pokemon because as it said in the title.....This Pokemon will appear in the 9th Pokemon movie featuring Kyogre, "Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea," and is in fact "the prince of the sea."

Considering that......When Do u guys think it will be released into (as) a TCG Game playing card.

Hopefully soon. Plus it looks like a baby form so if its a baby form and its the 4th generation of the small legendaries such as mew,jirachi,celebi and now manafi that means there will be another stage for Mew jirachi And Celebi meaning more legendaries which i highly doubt. So I think that Manafi Will be a basic stage rather then a Baby. But u never know anything is possible!

sceptilerancher

Aspiring Trainer
the quality of the pokemon designs is going down.... they should stop making "baby" pokemon and all new evo lines =p
but yea this manafi thing is almost as crappy as luvdisc =/

jynx

Aspiring Trainer
RE:   NEW POKEMON!!!

Water Pokémon Master said:
bass_forte said:
^Just letting you know, a pointless post like that could be considered spam.. try and put some thought into your posts..

Serebii's calling it Manafui. Is this another thing that's essentially identical in Japanese but different in English, like 'v' and 'b', 'l' and 'r' (Heh), etc? PurpleKecleon of Deviantart also translated it as Manafi... >_> So confusing.

And should this be sticky?
Don't even bother listening to Serebii. Everyone is calling it Manafi, Vincent translated it as Manafi, and Serebii doesn't know a word of Japanese. We don't need another "Rukario" situation here or anywhere else because of Serebii's stupidity.
Awww...stop arguing about the name...
The katakana did spell Manafui if you are chopping the name up into separate words--IF the "i" was a capital letter.
But in this case, the "i" is a small letter after the katakana "fu", and in Japanese, when "i" comes after "fu", it becomes "fi".
same as if a small "a" comes after "fu", it becomes "fa".

Oh by the way...Serebii is really bad at Japanese though =.=
Once he read "Hakario" instead, and people went shooting pages saying "Hakario? That's cool! Sounds like hacker!", whilst I was shouting "Its not Hakario!!! He read it wrong!!!", no one bothered to listen to me and all believed in Serebii.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Seriously, I want to know how people see the middle picture as something that evolves from Eevee. I'm not seeing it. It doesn't even look like it has feet.

Kronar

Blossoming Faker
I agree, Manafi looks like it will be quite interesting.
Left: I know that it looks like it could be a pre/evo of Mantine but it also could be something totally new because a pre/evo of mantine would be sort of strange.
Middle: probably a new species as well.
Right:Hoping for an evo of Farfeched, it would be very exciting to see one of my favs have an evo finally. (and instead of bashing it would slice and dice:D )

dark vaporeon

metagross master
yu know it does remind me of that little guy from sonic mybe it's his cus well anyway i think it would be more of a water sprite then a ledgendary pokemon

ShadowSong

Never giving up
It is cute, but a little odd looking. Hard to tell if it's a legendary or not. I liike the pearl theory though.

Espeon

Pokemon Co-ordinator
I think it most probably like the mew/serebi/jirachi pokemon.
Which was a legendary pokemon...Because all of the movie are showing legendary pokemon as main character.

Definetely not eevee's evolution...

Osiris' Prophet

Aspiring Trainer
Well the first is definatly a Mantine lookalike in the black. The middle almost looks like a prarie dog poping up to look around, perhaps Zigzagoon evoloution line? The last looks like an eagle with that beak of its. Maybe a condor/vulture. If that is a flag its holding, Id think Farfetched evolution. The tail almost looks like a pokeflute though, so musical note might make sense

Jesse2

Aspiring Trainer
ummmm..... i never thought of farfetched line that might be pretty cool hope its a eovolution not a baby i like power not cuteness!!!!! lol!!!:)

-Jesse2

S

sk8znboi

i think no doubt that the first of the three shadows is mantine's pre-evolved form.. i think since mantine will be part of the movie because the pokemon ranger (?) is riding mantine and they discover mantines' pre-evolved form..

the second of the three shadows is probably a 3rd stage pokemon; perhaps linoone's next evolved stage or furrets... maybe..?

the final shadow is could be an evolution stage for a old pokemon, farfetch'd, because it seems like its hold a flag or something; or it could pelipper's evolved form..? or it could be a new pokemon..

as for manafi.. i think its probably like the dratini/larvitar/bagon/beldum for pearl/diamond series.. manafi may have an evolution which would be cool.. i can also see manafi as a mew/celebi/jirachi type pokemon...

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I think this pokemon is pretty cool like I said yesterday I think he is a water pokemon with pyschic attacks or maybe he is one of those pokemon like dragonite that can learn more than one type of an attack at a time or maybe he just knows water attacks. I hope he is a promo to the next movie and I can't wait to get and see his card if there will be one.:)

zachary

Aspiring Trainer
next to the bird like pokemon i see the word 'yin' which is chinese for music if u guys must know, chinese and japanese characters are closely related

hookshot_umbreon

Rarely Posts Forum Member
OK, here's my thoughts on the shadowed Pokémon (Manafi's been speculated every which way).

Left: Most likely water, but just because the Ranger's riding Mantine doesn't mean it has anything to do w/ Mantine. (The box they're in seems more to say 'btw' anyway)

Middle: Looks grassy to me. Not looking like an -eon or Normal type to me.

Right: Bird-ish, sorta firey. Though, a Murkrow or Farfetch'd evo would be cool (or even a music themed Pokémon. But I like music, so that's why it wouldn't bother me.)

My point: Water, Grass, Fire. 3 pokémon. Maybe (JUST maybe) the starters of Diamond & Pearl?