News New Pokemon Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, and Ribombee!

Please end the discussion surrounding the pronunciation of Arceus' name. It's probable that RKS System is a reference to Arceus, because otherwise it doesn't mean anything. Furthermore, as has been previously stated, there are 3 officially used pronunciations of the name. The whole discussion is totally off-topic, so any further posts on the topic will be deleted.

Oh, all these evolved forms are awesome! November 18th can't come fast enough!

Kommo-o can clang its scales together like bells or cymbals...CALLED IT! Also calling it being Gen 7's pseudo-legendary.

Steenee reminds me so much of Kirlia.

Alolan Muk is gorgeous. You know, in a bizarre psychedelic kind of way.

And I'm gonna say it: Ribombee looks like a cross between Starlow and Barry B. Benson.

This is great! More new Pokémon.

Silvally: So this is the English name of Silvady? Guess it comes from Silver and Ally...!

Hakamo-o/Kommo-o: Finally, after a long wait: Dragon/Fighting Pokémon. They will be in my party, so I hope we'll get them early.

Steenee/Tsareena: Quite interesting Pokémon. These Grass-types may potentially end up on my team.

Ribombee: So this is the Pokémon we got a glimpse of in one of the earlier trailers? I like it. But I don't think it will be a part of my team, but who knows...? Guess the name comes from Ribbon, Bombus (latin for bumblebee) and Bee? :)

Alolan Grimer/Muk: Grimer is ok, but when I saw the Muk, it made me smile. This is probably the weirdest colored Alolan Forms I've seen until now, but I like it.

Torracat-2.png

In this picture Torracat looks very much like the wrestler :-(

Tsareena makes me scream. Probably my favourite Gen 7 Pokémon so far, the evolution line in general isn't half bad either! I think I'll use Kommo-o and Tsareena in my IG team, Muk is pretty cool too.

Torracat-2.png

In this picture Torracat looks very much like the wrestler :-(

No, it does not. There is no physical hints to a wrestler at all. It just stands on its hind legs briefly to smack a fireball elsewhere. Its like any other normal cat able to stand on their hindlegs briefly. Its nothing special to it.

For the rest, looking at Slivally (Silver + Ally) even more, I really like the design. Its not just a chimeric creature, but also looks very gryphon like, for its facial structure has a beak-like end to it, finished with the wing-like crown on its head. Really nice touches that makes the overall design stand out more.

MY EVALUATIONS:
  • Silvally - I didn't realized that RKS on its RKS system was "Arceus". I wish Battle Armor was Sil's hidden ability.
  • Hakamo-o/Kommo-o. That's a lot of "O"! Dragon-Fighting was my dream type since then. The bio makes me convincing that it is the Pseudo-Legendary of the Alola region.
  • Steenee/Tsareena - I am so confused on why a clumsy, mangosteen-like Pokemon, evolves into a girl that has a plant on its head. But anyways, I like it. Tsareena reminds me of Serena, and it is so BAE-leef. The ability is useful tho.
  • Ribombee - Cool and Cute.
  • Alolan Grimer/Muk - This is the first time that it has teeth coming from what they eat. A-Muk is shivering in rainbow!
  • Olivia - BAE-leef.
  • Ilima - Is this a male trial cap?
  • Is there another trailer?

No, it does not. There is no physical hints to a wrestler at all. It just stands on its hind legs briefly to smack a fireball elsewhere. Its like any other normal cat able to stand on their hindlegs briefly. Its nothing special to it.

The bulky arm, the pose - I really hate it - it really reminds me of a wrestler. But I hope it will be something else

The bulky arm, the pose - I really hate it - it really reminds me of a wrestler. But I hope it will be something else

I get it, also the front paws are bigger then the ones on its hind legs.
Where have I seen that before?
oh, right xP
litten.jpg

Well, when cats play with something, they do tend to tangle their bodies around it if it's small enough, not unlike a full-body grapple (greco-roman, I believe it is?). Once they do, they just paw at it relentlessly. I could see that behavior inspiring a wrestler direction; cats are vicious even if they're only playing... like wrestlers.

Anyway, perhaps someone more familiar with mortal kombat can answer this to me; MK has two fighters named kitana, who is a princess, and sareena, who I have no idea what she is (I read the wikipedia information about them, but you have to have a 200-hour course on MK history to understand that. It reads like a soap opera).
Do they have any connections with tsareena? I'm still mystified on how they jumped from a happy-go lucky fruit to a serious kick-prone queen; each theme makes more sense separately (a queen evolution of steenee, or a kicking evolution of steenee), but not so much together.

Well, when cats play with something, they do tend to tangle their bodies around it if it's small enough, not unlike a full-body grapple (greco-roman, I believe it is?). Once they do, they just paw at it relentlessly. I could see that behavior inspiring a wrestler direction; cats are vicious even if they're only playing... like wrestlers.

Anyway, perhaps someone more familiar with mortal kombat can answer this to me; MK has two fighters named kitana, who is a princess, and sareena, who I have no idea what she is (I read the wikipedia information about them, but you have to have a 200-hour course on MK history to understand that. It reads like a soap opera).
Do they have any connections with tsareena? I'm still mystified on how they jumped from a happy-go lucky fruit to a serious kick-prone queen; each theme makes more sense separately (a queen evolution of steenee, or a kicking evolution of steenee), but not so much together.
Why is Tsareena not Grass/Fighting?

Pretty sure the tsar in tsareena refers to the word czar meaning "of noble rank" or emperor.
The wife of the Tsar in Russia was called the Tsarina when it was still a feudalist society (which was recent), so I think it's definitely a reference to Russia somehow. I've not figured out the inspiration behind the name of Steenee, though. The double e is a trend throughout the whole line, though Bounsweet is probably a portmanteau between bountiful and sweet and is most likely unrelated. It wouldn't surprise me if the double ee in Tsarina is just a slight mutation of the english word (like with Farfetch'd) as opposed to sharing a stem with Steenee, but either is possible.

The wife of the Tsar in Russia was called the Tsarina when it was still a feudalist society (which was recent), so I think it's definitely a reference to Russia somehow. I've not figured out the inspiration behind the name of Steenee, though. The double e is a trend throughout the whole line, though Bounsweet is probably a portmanteau between bountiful and sweet and is most likely unrelated. It wouldn't surprise me if the double ee in Tsarina is just a slight mutation of the english word (like with Farfetch'd) as opposed to sharing a stem with Steenee, but either is possible.

Stem + Mangosteen. Mangosteen is also the source of the double E in Tsareena.

Which makes it more strange because in neither of them the kicking element (or steenee's hard legs) is referenced in the name; Steenee's bio seems mostly generic with a single anecdote about her form of attack. But then, that apparently meaningless anecdote becomes essentially the soul of Tsareena (yet, it's not reflected in her typing), in addition to sprouting royalty out of nowhere. Very odd.

I feel the kicking is out of place; if Steenee evolved into a fruit queen it would be more or less reasonable; but the kicking, the leg-favoring proportions on the design and the covered mouth (which is what brought to mind the MK fighters) feel at odds with the royalty angle.

Back