Discussion New Pokémon TCG Game for 3DS and Switch?

Pokemon Trainer

Fire Pokemon Master
It's not too often when when Game Freak makes a Pokemon Card TCG in video game format. The most famous ones of course, were Pokemon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy and Pokemon Trading Card Game Online for PC, Mac, iPad, and Android Tablets.

While lots of people are hoping (or rather demanding) for a Diamond and Pearl remake, I really want a Pokemon Trading Game for the 3DS (and maybe even on the Switch as well). Game Freak should let FuRyu make the game. FuRyu had already helped Bushiroad to make their Cardfight!! Vanguard and Future Card Buddyfight games for the Nintendo 3DS. To me, those trading card game simulators are amazing and I couldn't help but think what it look if FuRyu did the same for Pokemon Trading Card Game.

Personally I really want this to happen. So much so that I actually made a petition on it. I know some might think it's not too necessary to have a new Pokemon TCG simulator since a lot of people are playing the online version but still...

Link to the petition
https://www.change.org/p/furyu-have-furyu-and-game-freak-make-a-pokémon-card-game-for-the-3ds

There might be some problems with this though.

• There already is a simulator for the card game, an official one at that. I'm not sure if GF or TPCi would want to compete with themselves, or risk damaging sales of the actual card game (see point 3)
  • Such games tend to find themselves outdated the moment a new set is released. Take a look at the Yugioh games for an example of that. Free updates may solved the issue, but considering how adverse GF is to content updates in general that seems to be unlikely.
  • Finally we have to consider the possibility that the game would be based on whats available in Japan (again like the YuGiOh games, though the lack of western exclusive cards would mitigate that problem) and that it would allow people to know what cards are coming out and test them in advance.

Bad idea.

What if a new console comes to stores to succeed the console it was released on? For card games on consoles, rather than PC, updates to add cards become impossible for such games if the internet becomes inaccessible by such console later on. And no updates = prone to be outdated later. No good, OP...

Back