• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded [New Player] Toxic Slowking

partyx

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys! I've been playing for just over 2 weeks now and loving the game!

This is my Toxic Slowking deck that I've been using and really enjoying it.

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Croagunk FST 165
* 4 Galarian Slowking V CRE 99
* 1 Hoopa-GX TEU 96
* 4 Toxicroak SSH 124
* 3 Galarian Slowking VMAX CRE 100
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX N/A 25

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Master Ball PLB 94
* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 3 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Switch BLW 104
* 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123

* 2 Dust Island UNB 168

* 4 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121

* 3 Piers CPA 58
* 2 Boss's Orders BRS 132
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 N FCO 105

##Energy - 12

* 4 Darkness Energy SWSHEnergy 16
* 4 Hiding {D} Energy DAA 175
* 4 Single Strike Energy BST 141

Total Cards - 60

Explanation: The whole premise of the deck is to get Slowking VMAX out ASAP (preferably turn 2). I have different tools in the deck to help achieve this (Hoopa, Dedenne, Tapu Lele, Master Ball, Ultra Ball, Evolution Incense, Piers).

Additional poison then stacks with mulitple benched Toxicroak from its ability.

Single Strike Energy is used on the Slowking VMAX to help add more damage. Choice Band is to help apply more damage when against GX / EX decks.

Hypnotoxic Laser is used to help slow the opponent down so I'm able to get Slowking VMAX out.

Issues: So the issues that I am facing is opening with a bricked hand - I find it a struggle to do anything in these games and its very slow to get the deck going from that point! I also find myself a lot in the situation where if I could search for a particular card, it would flip the state of game in my favor - its mainly a supporter that I'm chasing.

I/the deck also struggle into Blaine Charizard decks and Urshifu decks.

I've been looking at potentially including cards like Koga's Trap to help poison / slow the opponent, Ear-Ringing Bell - again to slow the opponent, but not sure if I should?

If anyone could give me advice - it would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers!

Partyx1337

I have made the following changes:

- 2 Float Stone PLF 99
+2 VS Seeker PHF 109

Reason for the change, I was forever seeing float stone in my hand and would mainly just be using it as a card to ditch to Great/Ultra Ball. I feel VS Seeker gives me more versatility.

I need to:

- 1 Choice Band GRI 121

Not sure what to add in its place at this point - perhaps a Choice Belt? Or it could become another Dust Island. Virbank City Gym also might be a nice addition.

I think I need to look at somehow adding Koga's Trap in the deck to slow the opponent down when I have a rough start. I could also look at potentially adding Crushing Hammer / Team Flare Grunt too. In saying that CH / TFG may just take up card slots of something that will better suit the playstyle of the deck....

Need a way to stop the retreats:

Thinking of adding Dragalge to combat this. Unsure how the line would look if its just a 1:1 or more.... To take away from the added poison damage that Toxicroak provides I feel may slow down the deck somewhat - but to stop the retreating pokemon, would be amazing!

I'm also considering:

-1 Hoopa-GX TEU 96

Although this card does come in pretty clutch as a starting pokemon if my hand is bricked to search for 2 CARDS I want, not sure if its better to just mulligan and allow the oppenent the extra draw. Although, I dont like just giving "free" cards to the opponent... Even though it comes in "clutch", would much prefer something that is more consistent and provides a better purpose. Will need to sit on this one!

May look at swapping Master Ball for Computer Search.

So as it stands, this is v1.1 of the deck:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 18

* 4 Croagunk FST 165
* 1 Hoopa-GX TEU 96
* 4 Toxicroak SSH 124
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX N/A 25

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Master Ball PLB 94
* 2 Ultra Ball DEX 102
* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Choice Band GRI 121
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Switch BLW 104

* 2 Dust Island UNB 168

* 3 Piers CPA 58
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 N FCO 105

##Energy - 12

Total Cards - 60

So I tried going a different path with the deck and so far, it hasnt been performing, its made it slower...

##Pokémon - 17

* 2 Gengar V FST 156
* 1 Gengar VMAX FST 157
* 2 Dragalge FLF 71
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Skrelp FLI 52
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX N/A 25

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 2 Float Stone BKT 137

* 3 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 1 Field Blower GRI 125
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Heavy Ball NXD 88
* 2 Ultra Ball BRS 150
* 1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
* 1 Switch SSH 183

* 2 Dust Island UNB 168
* 1 Shrine of Memories PRC 139

* 2 Piers CPA 58
* 1 Bird Keeper DAA 159
* 1 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Boss's Orders BRS 132
* 1 Professor's Research SSH 201

##Energy - 12

Total Cards - 60

I was looking for a big tanky hitter that could somewhat stall the game out - I went through the Dark and Colourless options and settled on adding the 2 Gengar V's and Gengar VMAX - I thought this line would also synergise with Piers/Single Strike Energy.... I haven't seen Gengar at all in the handful of games I've played nor have I felt a need to search for it.... Will be removing this and exploring my other options.

I tried adding more balls into the deck to help cycle through the deck - I've found now by doing so, I consistantly have no cards in hand for turn and am just top decking - might need to add N or search for Dedenne-GX or fetch Professor's Research with Tapu Lele-GX.

Really enjoy having Dragalge in the deck. The issue I was having previously is that they would just retreat to remove the poison. Out of the dozen games I play tested, the opponents are now just removing Dust Island and switching
:(
Can never catch a break! Haha.

Added Shrine of Memories so I could use the Slowking V's ability - not really a fan of it, will remove it for another Dust Island I think.

Missing the stacking Poison Damage from Toxicroak - I thought about adding Seviper for the stacking, but decided against it.

Really feel the deck Needs Marnie! I tend to have less prizes than the opponent and hate to give the Opponent free cards if I use N.

Still tossing up if Koga's Trap is a card that I need to include...

The previous list didn't work at all!

I'm currently running the following list with better success!

##Pokémon - 23
* 4 Croagunk FST 165
* 2 Crobat V PR-SW 110
* 4 Toxicroak SSH 124
* 2 Dragalge FLF 71
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 2 Skrelp FLI 52
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX N/A 25

##Trainer Cards - 29
* 2 Evolution Incense SSH 163
* 4 Quick Ball FST 237
* 1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95
* 4 Ultra Ball BRS 150
* 2 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109

* 2 Professor's Research SSH 201
* 2 Cynthia UPR 119
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 N FCO 105
* 2 Piers CPA 58

* 2 Dust Island UNB 168

##Energy - 8
Total Cards - 60

I can't afford Computer Search just yet, this will replace the Scoop Up Cyclone - although, I do find the Scoop Up Cyclone very handy to have!

I'm suprised that the deck runs ok with only 8 energy.

I am scared to drop Piers to a single card however....

Would love to hear what you think of the decks current iteration!

Cheers!

Back