New Player help

frazierificus

Aspiring Trainer
I'm new to the TCG. I'm looking to build something budget friendly that's easy to run and not entirely useless. If someone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

moving pictures

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I think I got a good deck that fits your criteria - My 7 year old son runs it and he can hang at league challenges and such...and very budget friendly

Pokemon - 13

4 Charmander TEU
1 Charmeleon TEU
4 Charizard TEU
4 Oricorio Celestial Storm

Trainers - 34
4 Rare Candy
4 Pokegear 3.0
4 Cynthia
4 Pokemon Communication
4 Welder
4 Fire Crystal
1 Lillie
1 Greens Exploration
4 Switches
1 Power Plant
1 Heat Factory Prism
2 Energy Recycle System

Energy
13 Fire Energy

This deck is probably less that $40 - nothing terribly difficult to find. I think the Charizard's and the Pokegears go for about $2 a piece

I have seen similar versions to this deck with Volcanian instead of Oricorio - Volcanian's go for about $7 a piece. Honestly, even without the price of volcanian being a deterrent, I am a huge fan or Oricorio in this deck - extremely distruptive, low energy cost and gives you some gusting ability. Plus, you tend to catch people off guard as no one really sees that card.

[R] Captivating Salsa
Switch 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon with their Active Pokémon. The new Active Pokémon is now Burned and Confused.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
You are in luck because I happen to be a budget player as well. Take a look at my Necrozma build I posted recently. It uses two of the theme deck Laser Focus and a couple of upgrades. Just a fair warning, you are going to want to get your Dedenne GX's ASAP or use Zebstrika instead.

K-Genesis

Aspiring Trainer
Great timing to start.
2 copies of Laser Focus (Necrozma theme deck) is almost enough for you to get started. Additional copies of staple Supporters, Viridian Forest, PokeGear 3.0, Spell Tag and Giratina is all you need to invest after that to have a competitive deck.

Good luck, man.

ForeverRanger91

Aspiring Trainer
I can attest to moving pictures' notion. Charizard hits like a truck and is extremely cheap which are two things you don't hear about Charizard cards very often. Brock's Grit is another good addition for getting those energies back into the deck. If you are feeling a little spicy, take out one of the TEU Charizard for the one from Dragon's Majesty. It has an ability that allows it to do 30 more damage for each of the opposing players GX's in play.

Last edited: