JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
A pair of new Paradox Pokemon, Walking Wake and Iron Leaves, will be featured in a special Tera Raid Battle event beginning today and ending on March 12th. Walking Wake resembles a sort of primal Suicune, whereas Iron Leaves resembles a futuristic Virizion.
Walking Wake is Water/Dragon type, and Iron Leaves is Grass/Psychic.

Paradox-Suicune-200x200.png

Paradox-Virizion-200x200.png

Pokemon_Scarlet_and_Pokemon_Violet_Suicune_Screenshot_2-200x113.jpg

img_02-200x113.jpg

Pokemon_Scarlet_and_Pokemon_Violet_Suicune_Screenshot_1-200x113.jpg

img_02_v-200x113.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Dino Suicune is pretty cool, but Iron Leaves is just a reflection of why I’m overall not that big of a fan of the Violet Paradox mons; it’s just Virizion… but a robot, which is pretty much my thoughts on most of the other ones.
Pretty interesting to note is that they’re visually quite different from the designs we see in game, and seem to be based more specifically on Suicune/Virizion than their respective groups as a whole. Kinda interesting too that they’re being introduced as raid mons, when I think a lot of people (including me) thought they’d have more of a prominent role.

leonardojosv

Aspiring Trainer
Dino Suicune is pretty cool, but Iron Leaves is just a reflection of why I’m overall not that big of a fan of the Violet Paradox mons; it’s just Virizion… but a robot, which is pretty much my thoughts on most of the other ones.
Pretty interesting to note is that they’re visually quite different from the designs we see in game, and seem to be based more specifically on Suicune/Virizion than their respective groups as a whole. Kinda interesting too that they’re being introduced as raid mons, when I think a lot of people (including me) thought they’d have more of a prominent role.
My hope is that they are completely seperate from the pokemon in the book, it’d be a huge waste of oppurtunity to just leave them as they are.

LightYearLiam

The Dino Suicune is silly. It's the most basic version of "this Pokemon but prehistoric!!!" anyone could think of. The other one is just a robo Virizion, but it's pretty cool.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Yeah, that stuck out to me too. Especially since I was looking forward to that in-game depiction of Suicune, I saw it and was like.... This is NOT the same design... I don't dislike it, but it's odd to look at.

Soysaucey

Aspiring Trainer
Set mascots right here. I also see iron valiant and roaring moon as set mascots. Maybe they all 4 could be together in an English set call like Broken Paradise based around area 0 and they get tera type cards. Hopefully we also see like dragon tera type cards for the box art legends in the return of dragon types special set. Thatd be sweet.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
Terrible.

But might grow on me later on.

So basically my usual reaction to every Pokemon reveal since gen 6.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah, like it's been said already, I never liked the future ones, it's literally like CMP said, it's "x...but metal", it's just lazy, tacky, a failure in design. The past ones are all much cooler, but boy is Suicune ugly in this form, look how they massacred my boy...

Reactions: CMP

Iorphire

Aspiring Trainer
I really like Dino Suicune! It seems most people disagree, but I like way more than the sketches from the book
Iron Leaves is meh though

Poison Perfectionist

Aspiring Trainer
If I had to make a guess, I think that we are gonna get Paradox forms of the other two legendaries in each set, and they will drop them in pairs for each dlc chapter. Then, there will be an option to fuse them all together into the creatures in the book.

So let's say, Suicune and Virizion now, Entei and Terrakion in the mask bit, then Raikou and Cobalion in the disc bit. When you have all three of a set, there will be some npc or item in the disc dlc that lets you fuse them together into one.

Might be wrong since fusing three creatures is somewhat new, but that sounds like the best explanation for dumping two of them outta nowhere like this.