ORAS New Movesets in ORAS: Your Hopes and Expectations

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
Considering that Mega Lopunny could learn High Jump Kick in the remakes, and hopefully Diancie could finally learn Power Gem through level up, I decided to make this thread to discuss which Pokémon could learn new moves in the remakes.

I would suggest explaining why (Insert Pokémon of your choice here) should learn a new attack.

To get things started, I would love both Zapdos and Thundurus to learn either Air Slash or Hurricane, or even both, just so that they can utilise a strong special Flying Type move with their fantastic Sp. Atk.

Mewtwo should also learn High Jump Kick, since Mega Mewtwo X, in my opinion, deserves more beneficial Fighting Type moves, and the way Mega Mewtwo X attacks in X & Y looks like it could really make good use of a strong kicking move.

And of course, Sceptile should learn Dragon Pulse one way or another without the need of having to transfer it from Gen IV/V through PokeBank.

There's always potential for new moves that the ever so handy Move Tutors can teach to your Pokémon as well.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
I think Thundurus learning Hurricane may be unlikely, as it and Landorus can only learn Fly as Flying type moves... presumably to keep all Flying type association with Tornadus (as its the only one without any other type) but even thats pretty ridiculous... Air Slash should really be learnt by all the trio as a level up move imo as then it means Thundurus/Landorus have an option for a flying type move (and then leave Hurricane as Tornadus' high power elemental move).

Mewtwo should've always had High Jump Kick this gen (so MegatwoX had something for its Fighting type).

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Actually, I think Close Combat fits Mewtwo better as a fighting move...
I already said P-Groudon better learn Flare Blitz (even though some people seem to disagree -.-'), otherwise it only has Fire Punch as physical Fire STAB and that's only through move tutors.
Zapdos should learn Hurricane, even Moltres learns Hurricane when Zapdos would make a much more effective use of the move... and Air Slash of course...

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Bolt the Cat said:
Give Audino some kind of Fairy move (not sure what. Moonblast? Play Rough? Something else?)

I think its been confirmed that its getting Misty Terrain, and it already gets Dazzling Gleam (although thats not exactly top quality secondary stab) as well as Draining Kiss (lol)

Hopefully it will get some kind of high powered Fairy move. Moonblast would be the best choice, but I can see it getting Play Rough as well.