New 'Melmetal-GX Box' in February!

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
Ah, the Dittonut-Zygarde complete gets its show... almost immediately. I tell you, Legendaries get so much hype and popularity these days... leaving other, regular GX Pokémon in the dust.

KeoKeo

Aspiring Trainer
Well, let's hope this isn't made too broken like Zeroarua. The mechanics will be sure to be interesting, perhaps an anti Team-GX card?

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Ah, the Dittonut-Zygarde complete gets its show... almost immediately. I tell you, Legendaries get so much hype and popularity these days... leaving other, regular GX Pokémon in the dust.

I'm not exactly sure where you're going with this... If you're saying for some reason marketing the newest Pokemon to come out is somehow not a good idea, then that really makes no sense. If it's a prominent Pokemon in that generation or time period, it's going to be marketed. That's how things have been for years now, it's always been the prominent Pokemon of that time.

It's also worth noting that TPC is a company who sells products for profit. I'm pretty sure they're putting out what's most marketable. That's why there's so many eeveelution products, as those are popular and because people know Let's Go is coming out, they can identify it. They're putting out Legendaries often because it's their campaign this year, the Legendary Pokemon thing. It's the same idea as how in 2016, being the 20th anniversary, they had their 20th campaign. And of course, with things like the Island Guardians, Solgaleo, Lunala, Ultra Beasts, etc. being so much a part of gen 7, there's a lot of gen 7 product. It's the clear choice that they would put out products that would appeal to the hype they're drumming out.

And it's not that they hate "regular" pokemon either--There's marketing and merchandising and even TCG products for nearly everything, ESPECIALLY these days. Even in our main sets, despite not being heavily promoted, more and more obscure Pokemon are being given love as ultra rares-It hasn't been at this level since the ex era over ten years ago now.

I guess, in short, I wouldn't consider these days to be leaving many things in the dust. Sure, there's neglected Pokemon but it would be WAY too much for them to give everyone the same amount of attention. I'd say we're at a greater balance than ever before, between the popular AND the obscure.

DuoForce

Semi-Ace Trainer
Nice! I'll probably get this once it comes out. I hope it is competitive viable, that would be fantastic. Really hope Meltan has a dex number too so we can end the "Is Meltan a Gen 7 or 8 Pokemon" Debate.

I never expected it would come out this soon, just saying cuz no one else said it.
Why is that? Three months after the launch of Let's Go. Perfect time for Meltan to debut in the TCG. If anything it should come out in November, alongside the launch of Let's Go

Mysticvulpix

Just be chill
I kinda disagree with that. Some of the most popular pokemon are things like zoroark, alolan ninetales, lost March cards, Malamar, and Lycanroc, to make a few

Lord Goomy

Got Goomies?
I'm not exactly sure where you're going with this... If you're saying for some reason marketing the newest Pokemon to come out is somehow not a good idea, then that really makes no sense. If it's a prominent Pokemon in that generation or time period, it's going to be marketed. That's how things have been for years now, it's always been the prominent Pokemon of that time.

It's also worth noting that TPC is a company who sells products for profit. I'm pretty sure they're putting out what's most marketable. That's why there's so many eeveelution products, as those are popular and because people know Let's Go is coming out, they can identify it. They're putting out Legendaries often because it's their campaign this year, the Legendary Pokemon thing. It's the same idea as how in 2016, being the 20th anniversary, they had their 20th campaign. And of course, with things like the Island Guardians, Solgaleo, Lunala, Ultra Beasts, etc. being so much a part of gen 7, there's a lot of gen 7 product. It's the clear choice that they would put out products that would appeal to the hype they're drumming out.

And it's not that they hate "regular" pokemon either--There's marketing and merchandising and even TCG products for nearly everything, ESPECIALLY these days. Even in our main sets, despite not being heavily promoted, more and more obscure Pokemon are being given love as ultra rares-It hasn't been at this level since the ex era over ten years ago now.

I guess, in short, I wouldn't consider these days to be leaving many things in the dust. Sure, there's neglected Pokemon but it would be WAY too much for them to give everyone the same amount of attention. I'd say we're at a greater balance than ever before, between the popular AND the obscure.
I get it, and I can see their motives. It just irks me.

DragonFang101

Funky China Man
Nice! I'll probably get this once it comes out. I hope it is competitive viable, that would be fantastic. Really hope Meltan has a dex number too so we can end the "Is Meltan a Gen 7 or 8 Pokemon" Debate.

Why is that? Three months after the launch of Let's Go. Perfect time for Meltan to debut in the TCG. If anything it should come out in November, alongside the launch of Let's Go
Oh I'm not saying it's a bad idea (quite the contrary), I just didn't expect it so soon. But then again the same thing happened with Marshadow and its GX card.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper

We know they're 808 and 809 respectively from datamining GO. They're 100% gen 7

Pkmn_mstrvan

Aspiring Trainer

STILL WAITING ON A INFERNAPE AND TYPHOLSION GX! Do y’all know how nice the full arts would be ? there’s plenty plenty more Pokémon not getting noticed or attention then are , no goodra GX ? Like come gamefreak and tcg companies

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
Well that was quick I would think Melmetal has to be at least 220 if not 250 hp just based on its size, should be interesting hopefully.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

Except Kadabra.