News New 'Mega Powers Collection' in May Featuring Four New Full Arts!

LBelleBird

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah.... Before

If you're referring to "before this new printing", it won't make a difference. Just like with Keldeo v Rayquaza decks and others, they will leave the original set print & numbers on them. They only way they would become Standard-legal is if they printed the cards as black star promo cards. However, I highly doubt that they will do that since they are reprints with the difference being the artwork. Besides that, if they were going to make them standard legal, they would have also reprinted Manectric EX along with the Mega, and they would both have to be promos. Like I said though, they are reprints so that's exceedingly unlikely.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
If you're referring to "before this new printing", it won't make a difference. Just like with Keldeo v Rayquaza decks and others, they will leave the original set print & numbers on them. They only way they would become Standard-legal is if they printed the cards as black star promo cards. However, I highly doubt that they will do that since they are reprints with the difference being the artwork. Besides that, if they were going to make them standard legal, they would have also reprinted Manectric EX along with the Mega, and they would both have to be promos. Like I said though, they are reprints so that's exceedingly unlikely.
But they have new arts, every time a card is printed with new art it's printed as a promo. Since these guaranteed have new arts they will be promos, however no lucario EX is legal in standard so the M Lucario isn't standard legal

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
These cards never got full arts. I collect full arts. They also sound like really, really pretty full arts. Hoping they're textured, but that's unlikely in my opinion.

*puts this item on wishlist*

Jimmy_Yumia

Aspiring Trainer
Well About Zygarde Yes, If They Are Reprinted And Jolteon Is Reprinted That's Usuable. However There Is No Necessity Of Making Spirit Links For Expanded Cards

Asmer

Keep the High Tide on the Flipside
MegaMan and Jolteon Full Arts?? I need a new change of pants. Definitely looking forward to this.

-Asmer

Pokemontann

Aspiring Trainer
Yay three more cards that are unusable in standard, along with Shiny M Gengar

Well About Zygarde Yes, If They Are Reprinted And Jolteon Is Reprinted That's Usuable. However There Is No Necessity Of Making Spirit Links For Expanded Cards

UMMMMM, Idk where you guys are from but here in California Expanded is an extremely competitive format. Most League Cups and Challenges here are in expanded, not standard. People who only think about Standard have always sorta made me laugh. There have even been multiple Regionals including Expanded format in the past.

jessalakasam

UMMMMM, Idk where you guys are from but here in California Expanded is an extremely competitive format. Most League Cups and Challenges here are in expanded, not standard. People who only think about Standard have always sorta made me laugh. There have even been multiple Regionals including Expanded format in the past.
It is here as well but everyone hates the format

Pokemontann

Aspiring Trainer
It is here as well but everyone hates the format

Ive found that people who hate the format are just typically not very good at it :7 :7 :7
I have NEVER met an extremely successful player (Worlds Champions, Multi-Regional Winners, Star Players)
who had said they hated expanded. Not once. and here in the Los Angeles area we have a TON of top notch players as well as people who come from all around to play here.

Kyoushiro44

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member

Well it's a two-sided coin. While you might have an extremely competitive format in expanded, in my country we barely get even standard tournaments, don't even mention the expanded one.

jessalakasam

Ive found that people who hate the format are just typically not very good at it :7 :7 :7
I have NEVER met an extremely successful player (Worlds Champions, Multi-Regional Winners, Star Players)
who had said they hated expanded. Not once. and here in the Los Angeles area we have a TON of top notch players as well as people who come from all around to play here.
I'm good at it and just hate it due to March, toad, Trev etc.

Gruffling

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder what template the Lucario spirit link will use. It would be odd to release new XY promo cards but EXs especially Megas for rotated base forms would be a little out of place in the SM promo set.

chella182

Aspiring Trainer
An interesting selection of cards. Jolteon I get, I've wished for a while it had a full art, but I'm not sure I understand the others. It's also pointless, imo, if they're not Black Star (which I can't see them being because then you'd have M Manectric and M Lucario without their basic forms in rotation).

JimiCobain27

Aspiring Trainer
As an Expanded player, I love the sound of this, and it will be nice to be able to use M Lucario efficiently for once.

All you Standard players complaining don't seem aware of just how many people love Expanded, especially in the online game, it's not all about you. ;)

Night March brought a lot of hate to the format, but the Marchers have been squashed and exterminated, no good players use it anymore, it's just newbies trying a cheap deck and failing miserably. So try the format again, it's changed a lot in the last 3-6 months.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I hope we get something else that gives us full art Vaporeon EX and full art Leafeon EX. All full art Eeveelutions would be great. And full arts for the other megas would be great, but I would prefer getting the ones we're missing or different types of the megas.