New 'Let's Play' Theme Decks Featuring Pikachu and Eevee!

More pokemon + fewer trainers.... so even worse than the already terrible theme decks. Sounds like fun.

More pokemon + fewer trainers.... so even worse than the already terrible theme decks. Sounds like fun.
Theme decks are actually pretty cool nowadays - many of the ones from the Sun/Moon block focus on particular strategies that are often seen in high-level competitive play, and they also allow newer players to get their hands on good Pokemon/Trainers (Cynthia, Malamar, Swampert, etc.)

Of course, theme decks are being designed by Pooka now, so it follows that they would gear more towards teaching new players the basics of how to play competitively.

''...for an experience aimed at a younger audience.'' Just like the games...

Theme decks are actually pretty cool nowadays - many of the ones from the Sun/Moon block focus on particular strategies that are often seen in high-level competitive play, and they also allow newer players to get their hands on good Pokemon/Trainers (Cynthia, Malamar, Swampert, etc.)

Of course, theme decks are being designed by Pooka now, so it follows that they would gear more towards teaching new players the basics of how to play competitively.
I wholeheartedly agree. Decks built for teaching new players on the basics of the game mechanics. And the Mach Strike deck is perfect for getting the now $7 Cynthia supporter cards. 2 in fact. As when Max Elixir was in standard. The greninja structure deck from BreakPoint was the best way to grab max elixirs. and create the olde Gekkouga Sniper deck, IMO.

i feel like theme decks are a waste of money... like honestly, what percentage of people actually buy theme decks vs every other product (people buy even more of the crappy 3rd party ones from target and wally world aka walmart than the theme decks no?)

''...for an experience aimed at a younger audience.'' Just like the games...

555-come-on-now-33045251.png

like honestly, what percentage of people actually buy theme decks
I play theme deck vs. theme deck. I keep them around the league, too They're good for little pick-up games. If the things didn't sell they wouldn't make them.

like honestly, what percentage of people actually buy theme decks vs every other product

Lots of younger kids. This is one of those cases where the target audience is not you... my five year old *loves* theme decks. He loves the higher pokemon ratio. He can play them effectively, and he can pick ones that have his favorite pokémon in them.

It's not for you, unless you're a child?

Why do you expect everything within the TCg to be aimed at you? Why so entitled?

555-come-on-now-33045251.png

I play theme deck vs. theme deck. I keep them around the league, too They're good for little pick-up games. If the things didn't sell they wouldn't make them.

No, I completely agree obviously they wouldn't be making them if they weren't selling. It's just, there's so many products and constant set releases so I'm just ranting lol my poor wallet -_- being a TCG player AND collector like I'm sure most of us here are le sigh lol

These will be nice to have around our league at least. We have a bunch of little kids coming in who want to learn how to play so these are nice and easy to have around.

I mean it's cute, but..... it doesn't really help no? In fact, this could be teaching the wrong principles; I remember no one ever taught me to mass trainers in a deck for the first 3 years of my introduction to PTCG, and things got really boring really fast because no draw supporters=fast brick.

Back