News New Legendary Battle Decks in September!

I also dont think theyre actually reprints theyre just old cards like with the keldeo ray battle deck. Maybe these decks will bebworth it for thr trainers though.

I also dont think theyre actually reprints theyre just old cards like with the keldeo ray battle deck. Maybe these decks will bebworth it for thr trainers though.

We don't know for sure yet if they're new promo reprints or just literal, same-set reprints as is the case for products like the Rayquaza/Keldeo deck. My gut is saying that it's likely the latter, but I hesitate to speculate until we learn for sure either way.

It seems to be geared towards the casual/Pokémon Go crowd, similar to the pin packs.

So new players that gained an interest from Pokemon Go may start the TCG only to be told by their local leagues that the cards they just bought are long out of rotation. Seems like a poor marketing strategy. Please release future products that contain useful cards for beginners or vets. This doesn't hit either of those demographics.

I still appreciate these updates, regardless.

Standard format only matters for sanctioned competitive events, though. People can play at league or with their friends or whatever they want without needing a Standard-compliant deck. There certainly is a demographic of Pokémon fans who enjoy playing the TCG that aren't out to play competitively.

Not to say that I don't agree with you. I, too, really wish that TCPi would focus more on products that are more all-compassing like the decks that are released in Japan. But that really doesn't seem to be the focus for a lot of the products that are being released currently; the EX Boxes coming up are also kind of weirdly casual oriented.

From the viewpoint of competitive, casual, even spur of the moment purchases, reprinting these is INEXCUSABLE considering the date, the nostalgia they are trying to capitalise on, and the glut of useless nonrandom products.

Even if it is for the Pokémon Go players, this choice is horrible! What does team Plasma have to do with Team Mystic and the other two? This is just lazy and cheap!

I don't know about anyone here, but I used to run a killer electric-plasma deck on PTCGO in which Jolteon was my main attacker, so seeing actual PLASMA cards here is actually making me hyped. Did I mention I loved the plasma-series? :3

I forgot to mention:

I'm scared! I'm scared that the 5 other EX-boxes (Charizard, Gengar, Dragonite, etc) are also just reprints and not promo's. And therefore not playable in Standard!

Yoo the amount of kanto is disguting alolan forms evolutions generations and now this? Wheres gen 2?

Well, if this is true then this is just...disgusting quite bluntly.

The further problem is that some of the trainers should be plasma based for the main cards to meet their true potential, and possibly some of the energy cards. That means more cards that are basically useless to standard. I just don't think anything short of making everything in those decks standard legal again could be worth it, and even then well...

Well, 'nuff said IMO.

after reading all these comments, one thing comes to my mind, and that is that it seems alot you people forget expanded is still a thing, in which case these cards are still useful. I for one think its a decent product to help get new players into the expanded side of things.

after reading all these comments, one thing comes to my mind, and that is that it seems alot you people forget expanded is still a thing.

Oh no! I haven't forgotten. But I HATE expanded. Seriously hate it. Every year it is time for new strategies, new decks, challenging your creativity, giving new Pokemon a real chance to shine. And expanded is ruining that! It shut the door for that hint of fresh air. Expanded should only be used in non competitive play.

I hate to sat this but this was done because the pokemon go community will but them.

And I just so happened to already have the Plasma Freeze Eeveelutions except for Umbreon... They'd better be holo...

Back