NEW INVITE STRUCTURE ANNOUNCED!!! CP COUNTS

Glace

Top 8, Worlds 2013
Advanced Member
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/championship-points/#structure

RogueChomp

Team DBT
This is insane.....ly funny.
I like how they bumped up the whole thing to 400. then you see the CP amounts. And your like Oh ok.
Winning Regs gives you a 1/4 of your needed CP.
This is interesting....
The BFLs seem really high though....

RogueChomp

Team DBT
Wait a minute. This is dumb. Look at Nats. Top 8 gets 500 points for the invite, and everyone after that gets 80 or less. Thats dumb, they should get 100.

Zorua

Zedd
Advanced Member
I saw 400, and I go, "Are they out of their minds?!"

Then look at the rest of the points awarded and I'm like, oh

lol

EmmetCHH22

Aspiring Trainer
RogueChomp said:
Wait a minute. This is dumb. Look at Nats. Top 8 gets 500 points for the invite, and everyone after that gets 80 or less. Thats dumb, they should get 100.

well yah because every year t8 at nats gets the invite so... yah they should make it like 120 for t16.

Zorua said:
I saw 400, and I go, "Are they out of their minds?!"

Then look at the rest of the points awarded and I'm like, oh

lol
ikr same here

Vulpix Yolk

\ \ durant gang \ \
This is great. This is such a good idea, I can't even handle it. The finish limits are very well set, people can't just bank on BRs and Cities to get into Worlds. It makes an invite manageable if you live somewhere with few tournaments per year. Bravo Pokémon.

EmmetCHH22

Aspiring Trainer
Vulpix Yolk said:
This is great. This is such a good idea, I can't even handle it. The finish limits are very well set, people can't just bank on BRs and Cities to get into Worlds. It makes an invite manageable if you live somewhere with few tournaments per year. Bravo Pokémon.

Agreed pretty good international. I think its okay for us.

dmaster

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Vulpix Yolk said:
The finish limits are very well set, people can't just bank on BRs and Cities to get into Worlds.

I'm not so sure about that. If you max out your BR and Cities (not hard to do if you travel to a lot of marathons, go to areas where it's easier to win, etc.), you can get 290 points which is almost 75% of your Worlds invite. At that point, all you really need to do is do fairly consistent at States/Regionals/Nationals (again not hard to do) and you pretty much lock in an invite.

Personally, I love that they lowered the BFL as that was sorely needed. And they actually distinguished between States points and Regionals points as well. That's awesome. I still feel Cities and BR especially with no top cut have too much weight towards an invite with the points awarded.

dmaster out.

alex

Miss the game
All I needed to do was look at the Best Finish Limits, and then I felt the need to hug TPCi.

Joshawott

words words words words
This is going to be easier than before, now in Canada we have top 8 nationals
invites too! At first when I saw the cutoff was 400 points, I was like "lolwut this better be a typo" and facepalmed when my friend (who I was getting the news from) told me it wasn't... Then later he said that they boosted the points gotten for tournaments, and I was happy XD

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Yeah, I like this. Last year I would have qualified by like 30 or 50 points... Hopefully I can repeat this year. Should be easier with lower BFL on Cities/BRs and the extra Regional. But I also have less time this season and the formats don't seem they'll be as good or skill-based.

Cinema

Gyarados Bait
Love that they combined the BFL for States and Regionals so you don't have to travel to 3 states and 3 Regionals, but allows for more flexibility for which weekends you want to travel. I wish they would combine the BFL for City's and BR's though.

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer
Glace said:
http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/championship-series/championship-points/#structure

Thank you for posting a link that actually worked! :D Normally when I click a link to a specific page on the Pokemon website (including the link to this page on the Front Page News article) I get redirected to the home page.

I haven't played the Pokemon TCG competitively before so I don't have much to compare this new structure to. For the most part I understand how the structure worked last year. I'm glad that they set a fixed amount of Championship Points required to receive a World Championships invite, however I'm sure the number will bring about the same amount of people that received invites during the 2012 season.

I jumped back into the Pokemon TCG at such an exciting time :).

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
^I missed the invite last year by quite a bit, but under the new system I would have qualified with a lot of CP to spare. Worlds will probably have a lot more people this year.

Secret Pikachu

Aspiring Trainer
Celebi23 said:
^I missed the invite last year by quite a bit, but under the new system I would have qualified with a lot of CP to spare. Worlds will probably have a lot more people this year.

Ah. It was just a guess :p. I figured that they had tested the structure and were confident that setting a fixed amount would result in a similar number of World Championships participants.

Mudkip711

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Cinema said:
Love that they combined the BFL for States and Regionals so you don't have to travel to 3 states and 3 Regionals, but allows for more flexibility for which weekends you want to travel. I wish they would combine the BFL for City's and BR's though.

The BFL was combined for them last year too. The BFL is bad because if you don't do well at one Regs, you have to go to another if you want to max out the BFL. Or if you do poorly at 3 States/the first 2 Regs you'd have to go to the 3rd Reg in order to get some points. A BFL of 2 would have been great because if you do good at a Regs and a State it doesn't force you to go to others.

o0Flint0o

Aspiring Trainer
I'm thinking on the negatively right now, but if there are too many people, do you think they'll reduce/take away the stuff you get from getting invited to world? (Or have they already took it away?)