4: Ground
5: Psychic
6: Electric
7: Grass
8: Dark

Elite Four
1: Ghost
2: Fire
3: Dragon(Face it, it will be in the Elite Four forever)
4: Metal
Champ: Like FR,LG,R,B,Y mulitple types

and this is my guess

Probobly the opposite of what we have now.:)

I hope they don't do gyms by type anymore. IMO, it makes the game too easy. Beating Lt. Surge with 1 Dugtrio, or Lance with 1 Lapras isn't fun. That's why I liked Pokémon Colosseum and XD.

Anyway, I would imagine if they do decide to go with the gym system, it will be the types that weren't used in RSE:

-Grass
-Ice
-Poison
-Ground
-Bug
-Ghost
-Dragon
-Dark
-Steel

The Elite Four could probably use just about anything, but there is a good chance that there will be Dragon again, since it has been a part of the Elite 4 in all 3 generation of games so far.

My guess:

1: Flying
2: Grass
3: Fighting
4: Water
5: Bug
6: Electric
7: Fire
8: Ice

Elite Four
1: Psychic
2: Metal
3: Dark
4: Dragon
Champ: Ghost

DocRobot_K-176 said:
I hope they don't do gyms by type anymore. IMO, it makes the game too easy. Beating Lt. Surge with 1 Dugtrio, or Lance with 1 Lapras isn't fun. That's why I liked Pokémon Colosseum and XD.

Anyway, I would imagine if they do decide to go with the gym system, it will be the types that weren't used in RSE:

-Grass
-Ice
-Poison
-Ground
-Bug
-Ghost
-Dragon
-Dark
-Steel

The Elite Four could probably use just about anything, but there is a good chance that there will be Dragon again, since it has been a part of the Elite 4 in all 3 generation of games so far.

I completely agree it would be nice for them to use multiple types and they'll probably use some of those types.
Dragon seems to be popular for the Elite Four

DocRobot_K-176 said:
I hope they don't do gyms by type anymore. IMO, it makes the game too easy.

Actually you can make it harder if you change your battle style to set I found that out when I accidently changed the option to see what it does and I like shift better or you can use pokemon that are effective but not super effective if you want to make it harder for you and besides The E4 is hard enough already. Remember how easy it was in the original versions? Compare it to the games now.:)

I can agree with DocRobot_K-176. Maybe they could do Gyms differently like what they did at the Petalburg Gym where leaders specialized in areas like Status inducing attacks, OHKO's, etc.

[ChanseyMaster]

No, I still think that the Gym's should still be one type, but have a lot of Hybrids in their teams that negate the types weakness, eg Dark types being weak to Fighting/Bug. Counter with Fire or Flying Hyrbrids.

Gyms:
Electric
Poison
Ground
Flying
Ghost
Ice
Steel
Dark

Elite 4:
Fire
Grass
Water
Dragon
Mixed

That should be an interesting combination if we get Dark, Fighting & Psychic Starters.

Hmmm, I guess the Gym Leaders could vary alot. I'd say they wont repeat Gym-types that were in R/S/E. They'll use a combination I presume, since havent all the types been used at some point? Again for the fact that special/physical attacks may change means that Gym leaders become more powerful and less powerful in return, so they could base Gyms on status conditions, or even go like the Petalburg Gym with different stat pokemon concentrating on specific stats.

The Elite 4 are slightly more predictable since they (reasonably) go by newer types...

-Fire. Hasnt made an Elite 4 appearance yet, and I reckon it will either be here or a Gym again.
-Grass. Same reason as Fire.
-Metal. Hasnt been fully concentrated on as an Elite 4 yet but Steelix/Skarm have made appearances.
-Dragon/anything big. Repeated like in every Other Elite 4.

I hope they make a Dragon/Metal type, or just ANY Dragon which isnt 4x Weak to Ice, no Ice Weakness prefered.

Metal hasn't made a big appearance in gyms or the Elite Four and Dark hasn't got a gym so they should use thme more and why not an Eevee gym :) that would be cool and more of a challenge

Mew the source of all said:
Metal hasn't made a big appearance in gyms or the Elite Four and Dark hasn't got a gym so they should use thme more and why not an Eevee gym :) that would be cool and more of a challenge
Metal Gym = Jasmine (G/S/C). Pretty sure she had Magnemite, Magneton and Steelix. (Cant remember if she had Skarmory or not)

The Eevee theme was also done in G/S/C, it was a sort of mini-event which was in Ecruteak City where you battled (what I call) the Ninja Sisters, each of them having a different Eeveevolution. I think the prize in the end was Surf from the Oldman in the building...

I forgot Jasmine and yes it was Surf but, waht I mean is like a gym leader like this
1:Jolteon LV37
2:Espeon LV36
3:Umbreon LV36
4:Vaporeon LV 37
5:Flareon LV 38
(or something like this) battling all five seems like it could be hard

They already sorta did that in G/S, but with lower level Pokemon. I want to see a really tough Elite Four like this:

Fire
Ice
Fighting
Ground

All

The Fire, Ice, Fighting, Ground means that you'll have to integrate every type of Pokemon if you want a type advantage.

[ChanseyMaster]

Abhorsen said:
I hope they make a Dragon/Metal type, or just ANY Dragon which isnt 4x Weak to Ice, no Ice Weakness prefered.

OMG!! That's just the worst thing that could happen!! Fighting the League or a gym that uses Draggy-type Pokémon would be 4x harder without Blizzard or any other ice move to support you!! Doing that would make things a lot harder!!

And a Metal/Dragon type is a REALLY BROKEN thing!! Weakness to what? Almost nothing!! Just Ground/Fighting!!

(Am I saying that just because I don't use any dragon Pokémon?)

Hope Like this-

gyms-
1 Rock
2 Bug
3 Grass
4 Water
5 Flying
6 Ice
7 Fire
8 Psychic

E4-
1 Eevee Trainer
2 Metal/(maybe) Thunder (To)
3 Poisen/Ghost (with Nidoqueen^^)
4 Dragon/Flying
5 Legendary's or Galaxy Member^^

This is kinda odd but I think the first Gym Leader should be a double battle with the type is Normal. Could be interesting with the Dark Pokemon for example.

edit ~ This is my first post. =D

Back