XY New Games and Remakes

RE: Emerald Dilemma

xxashxx said:
Ok how does that actually show that X2/Y2 or Z is next? How does that prove that those games are going to be next? They might use those moves in OR/AS XD.:)

For several reasons. They have the same type, BP, PP, and accuracy as Land's Wrath, Zygarde's current signature move, they're seemingly meant to counter Xerneas/Yveltal (especially Thousand Arrows, which knocks Yveltal to the ground), and their attack animations involve attacking with hexagons, which are a part of Zygarde's body. It's plain as day that they're signature moves for new Zygarde forms.

Ah ok. If they do make the sequels next what do we expect beside a possibility of a new Zygarde and a new storyline etc? I think I kind of got the puzzle now and things are starting to fit together now. If they do skip these games and we know that the possibility of another Emerald remake is out do you think they will use these in gen 7 if they don't do X/Y remakes?:)

Bolt the Cat said:
xxashxx said:
Ah so that is why they are releasing OR/AS first right? Then next year we should see an X/Y 3rd game(s) right? If this is correct what will we see after next year? possibly gen 7 or will we see another gen 3 game?:)

I'd say 7th gen is highly likely after the next Kalos game. With New 3DS on the horizon, they're probably going to want 3DS games that take advantage of its features (although it probably won't be N3DS exclusive, it'll probably just be enhanced).

wait the new 3ds is the 3ds's successor?

Fairy Type Arceus said:
Bolt the Cat said:
I'd say 7th gen is highly likely after the next Kalos game. With New 3DS on the horizon, they're probably going to want 3DS games that take advantage of its features (although it probably won't be N3DS exclusive, it'll probably just be enhanced).

wait the new 3ds is the 3ds's successor?

Not quite, it's more like the DSi was to the DS. But at the very least, N3DS will probably bring some enhancements, like a controllable camera and better framerate.

Also will have more RAM and be a lot bigger. I sure hope they make the new X/Y remakes before they do gen 7 or a 3rd 3rd gen game but I think that is out though.:)

xxashxx said:
Also will have more RAM and be a lot bigger. I sure hope they make the new X/Y remakes before they do gen 7 or a 3rd 3rd gen game but I think that is out though.:)

They can't really make things "'bigger" if 7th gen has to be compatible with regular 3DS.

Eh what? I am confused now XD. Do you mean the X/Y remake or the 7th gen games?:)

Oh ok. Hmm. I think the X/Y one will come next year and then the Gen 7 games should come in 2 years unless they skip X/Y and go straight to gen 7. When a new system is released they usually release a new generation though. I don't know what their plans are but all we can do is speculate though. For now anyway.:)

xxashxx said:
Oh ok. Hmm. I think the X/Y one will come next year and then the Gen 7 games should come in 2 years unless they skip X/Y and go straight to gen 7. When a new system is released they usually release a new generation though. I don't know what their plans are but all we can do is speculate though. For now anyway.:)

Well they did something odd in 2nd gen where GS released on Game Boy and then Crystal was Game Boy Color exclusive, so it's possible that XY2 could be N3DS enhanced. I do think it makes more sense to start with 7th gen though.

Yeah. I think they will release the X/Y2 or Z games to play on regular 3DS consoles then do gen 7 on the Super 3DS XD. That is what I think anyway.:)

It's pokemon.
Regardless of the N3DS, the next games will be just as much playable on current 3ds models.

Mitja said:
It's pokemon.
Regardless of the N3DS, the next games will be just as much playable on current 3ds models.

I'm not entirely convinced that Game Freak would, but it would certainly be the smartest business move.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
It's pokemon.

I'm not entirely convinced that Game Freak would, but it would certainly be the smartest business move.

It's the most game-freak like thing to do... why on earth would they limit their new games to an improved version of the current handheld?

adding certain features that only work on the new one? yes.
the actual game being playable only on the new one? no way.

Ah yeah. I remember that now. For a bit I did not get it because I forgot about that part.:)

Back