New forum Layout

omahanime said:
I like the minimization button. It will take time to get used to.

You mean that button on the top-right of every form? If so, just thought I'd let you know, that's always been there. xP

EvilMagikarp said:
I mostly like the changes and the fact that everything is now easier to find, except for the fact that Fan Creations is now split into Fan Creations And Fake Creations. I just think that that was unnecessary.
This. I'm not into the entire Fan Creations forum (before the new layout), but separating these two would leave a lot of fake card threads inside the wrong forum.

omahanime said:
I like the minimization button. It will take time to get used to.

ArceusShayminLovr said:
What minimization button? I've never heard of that!

It's always been there.

As for my view on the layout...let's just say I am waiting on 1 more thing. ;)

SotS said:
You mean that button on the top-right of every form? If so, just thought I'd let you know, that's always been there. xP
Oh. Just looked at it for real and clicked on it. I thought it was just decoration at first. After all, I joined in only October.

To be honest, I don't really like it. I was very used to the Writing Corner being part of the fan Creations, and now all the fake card sets are now in a sub forum which is kinda stupid, and the General TCG Discussion is now on top where deck garage used to be, and vice versa, which always has me clicking deck garage(Fiix my deck FTL!!) instead of General TCG Discussion. CotD gets its own forum, whoop-dee-doo, but the Article Submissions sub forum is good. The anime gets its own sub forum, this is good, and the clans and clubs is still just randomly slopped in. Lol. Eh. I dont like it as much.

There have been a couple of questions/complaints about the Fan Creations divide, so I'll explain why we created the new branch, Fake Creations.

EvilMagikarp said:
I mostly like the changes and the fact that everything is now easier to find, except for the fact that Fan Creations is now split into Fan Creations And Fake Creations. I just think that that was unnecessary.

Fake Creations was created mainly because of the popularity of TCG fake sets. When threads like these are bunched in with all the other stuff you see in Fan Creations, it's very difficult for thread authors to get feedback on their work as their threads don't remain on the first page for very long (unless they bump them, which inevitably leads to spam posts). We decided to make a new forum for TCG fakes, but realized we could then add other fake things into the mix as well (fake games, fakemon).

In other words, the main purpose of Fake Creations is to reduce clutter in Fan Creations.

Noobnerd said:
This. I'm not into the entire Fan Creations forum (before the new layout), but separating these two would leave a lot of fake card threads inside the wrong forum.

Any active fake card threads in Fan Creations are simply moved to Fake Creations. You can see this now, where PMJ's, DDauntless's, and Flame Claw's threads have all been moved to the new forum. As far as old threads go, I don't think they are very important because hardly anyone is going to be looking at them, but if for whatever reason some get revived then they'll just be moved to Fake Creations.

Seth1789110 said:
To be honest, I don't really like it. I was very used to the Writing Corner being part of the fan Creations, and now all the fake card sets are now in a sub forum which is kinda stupid, ...

Writing corner is still a part of the Creative Works section though. Nothing has really changed apart from Writing Corner now being easier to spot from viewing the index, which hopefully will lead to an increase in activity. Just give it time.

Hope that answers your questions. I won't really comment on the new TCG forums as it's not a part of the site I am involved with.

Seth1789110 said:
To be honest, I don't really like it. I was very used to the Writing Corner being part of the fan Creations, and now all the fake card sets are now in a sub forum which is kinda stupid, and the General TCG Discussion is now on top where deck garage used to be, and vice versa, which always has me clicking deck garage(Fiix my deck FTL!!) instead of General TCG Discussion. CotD gets its own forum, whoop-dee-doo, but the Article Submissions sub forum is good. The anime gets its own sub forum, this is good, and the clans and clubs is still just randomly slopped in. Lol. Eh. I don't like it as much.
From what you said, I'm guessing you aren't really used to the new layout yet. When it first happened, it did take some for me to get used to a few things switched, but I got over it soon.

Juliacoolo said:
I think that CotD could have been but in Combo's and strategies.

The whole point of having CotD in it's own Forum is to generate more views and posts. From what I've been seeing, in this regard, it's been a fantastic success.

dmaster out.

It will take a while to get used to, but I still think it will make it easier to find things with less sub-forums

Back