New Ditto Coming out

I didn't say it had to be a DCE. Just Dynamotoring to the Ditto once or twice would be good. If they decide to KO it, they just KO'ed an irrelevant Pokemon and they're ignoring the more important threats/your Eels.

The card is a gimmick, just like Raticate, it can be used, but it's very situational. I'd also change the title, it's a little vague.

Besides, I'm going to have 90% of these so no one other than me will be able to play it

I don't see a real reson to put this card in a deck. It seams like a wast of space, but it sounds fun to use like in a fun deck(to play friends and so on) also I guess you could mess with your opponent. Actually I see one reson to have it, put Energys on then put the basic and it will be all ready to attack? Idk though....

I think ditto is a nice way to fit 1-0-1 lines into your stage 2 decks (Like a 1-0-1 Line of Leavanny in Empoleon or Hydreigon Decks), so you don't have to be distraught by the idea of the lone basic being vulnerable on your bench.

I think ditto has a lot of potential.

I don't understand AT all why this card is worth playing. I would much rather just hand my Mewtwo on its own and play another Trainer in the deck instead. But i guess if people want to run it, that's fine with me. I keep looking at the scan over and over, "does that really say just basic pokemon? If it does, why are people hyping it?" I just don't get it.

blargh257 said:
I don't understand AT all why this card is worth playing. I would much rather just hand my Mewtwo on its own and play another Trainer in the deck instead. But i guess if people want to run it, that's fine with me. I keep looking at the scan over and over, "does that really say just basic pokemon? If it does, why are people hyping it?" I just don't get it.
For the surprise factor. When you bench a ditto, your opponent has no idea how to react or counter it. It's also good in Eels to protect your tynamos from Landorus for a turn.

Would I be correct in saying that you could drop a Ditto, then next turn use its Ability to attach a Tynamo and then evolve into an Eelektrik the same turn, since the effect of it being in play for one turn is transferred? If so, its 70 HP over Tynamo's 30 (and of course other low-HP basics) could be useful, but to be honest, I'd rather just add in a consistency card or another Tynamo/Basic if I'm not already running 4.

Scizorliscious said:
Would I be correct in saying that you could drop a Ditto, then next turn use its Ability to attach a Tynamo and then evolve into an Eelektrik the same turn, since the effect of it being in play for one turn is transferred? If so, its 70 HP over Tynamo's 30 (and of course other low-HP basics) could be useful, but to be honest, I'd rather just add in a consistency card or another Tynamo/Basic if I'm not already running 4.

that was my inquiry as well. i was wondering if you can have ditto down and then t2 lay down tynamo and eel at the same time?

ashtavakra said:
Scizorliscious said:

that was my inquiry as well. i was wondering if you can have ditto down and then t2 lay down tynamo and eel at the same time?
You can yes, because technically the ditto/tynamo was on the bench for a turn already.

So then its not that bad at all. You can wait a turn and surprise your opponent.

Ditto -> Ditto -> Ditto -> Ditto -> Mewtwo EX + DCE donk lolol

random surprise Hydreigon
yesssss
I wonder what the official ruling is on that...

It's used for 2 things.
1. shielding for a low-HP basic (Tynamo, Deino, etc.) to place and evolve T2
2. giving you options- You can promote it after a KO or put energy on it without committing to anything. That Ditto with an energy could become a Mewtwo ready to X-Ball, a Terrakion to Retaliate after a KO, or a Shaymin-EX ready to take a final KO, all without becoming a target, being prone to catcher-stalling, or giving up 2 prizes (for an EX choice)

It lets you evolve faster.
Say you draw a ditto, set it down.
Next turn you N?juniper and draw Squirtle, Blastoise, Rare Candy, or Even Squirtle, Wartortle.
You can set the Squirtle down and evolve it that same turn.

I Personally like this Ditto, and MIGHT be running it.
(Key word here is "might") lol

I'm glad it's coming out. I'm probably sticking with Hydreigon for the Cities season, and I think it'll reduce the chance of me getting docked by SR Quaza or Landorus EX. If I were to run 2 Ditto, the probability of starting with a Deino is 3/12. Starting with a Dark Deino is 1/12, and the odds of starting with a lone Dark Deino against a Landorus EX deck with Lando active with a Fighting Energy in hand, and the opponent going first are pretty minimal, unless the meta is filled with a ton of super lucky Landorus EX players.

You know, it doesn't really work for shielding low-hp basics, since as soon as you use Transform it has the same HP as that basic and gets Knocked Out if you have damage on you...

There are things called Max Potion. Obviously you wouldn't put a Deino or a Tynamo on it if you would knock it out...

I don't think it would make your opponent underestimate you, if anything it should just make them wary of it...

Back