Discussion New Alolan Ninatales Gx

Mistadirtyziggy

Aspiring Trainer
I've been looking over the new set list for Lost Thunder, and was just curious what people think about the new Alolan Ninetails GX. I thought that it might be solid in Gardevoir/Sylveon or even in just straight Sylveon, but am curious what people think. Does it have a home there or is it too much to add, even as a 1 or 2-of?

osmyth

Aspiring Trainer
I think that in Gardevoir/Sylveon the latter would still be a better starter. 1-1 Ninetales GX could then be used as a T2/3/4 accelerator of Rare Candy/Gardevoir, which may help overall setup.

If you're already playing Vulpix then makes sense to add 1/2 Ninetales.

snoopy369

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
A9 is going to be a tech card in a lot of stage 2 decks that already play Alolan Vulpix (Beacon); for example, I'm definitely adding it to my Metagross GX deck. It probably won't attack (I guess I could tech in one rainbow energy or something to allow it to be an anti-Rayquaza attacker, but it seems relatively infrequently useful) but it really has one job: to get my rare candies out of the deck.

I'm not sure it's all that helpful in Gardevoir decks, except with its GX attack; usually you can Magical Ribbon for the rare candies after all.

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
I honestly think the card is amazing in Gardevoir GX decks, allowing you to beacon for any evolutions or basics, then Rare candy them on the next turn. It also works well with Solgaleo GX, as shown in the recent World Championship. However, I've tried it with Power Draw Swampert in my Gardevoir GX Deck and it works wonders, although you'd have to start with Vulpix in your hand at Turn 1.

Overall I think this card is definitely going to get tons of usage in the long run.

Sylveonix

I have a Fairy Type addiction.
Lol, I'm guessing it's pretty popular too since its $40+ dollars on Amazon. xD

Mistadirtyziggy

Aspiring Trainer
Yea it’s shown to be pretty good. This post is like a month and a half old, so it was all speculation at the time I posted it.