ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Somewhere in Florida, on the Pokemon Evolutionaries channel, Professor K is kicking himself for manifesting Simisear VSTAR and its Art Rare. This will surely be the last time he complains about those damn Monkeys!

smich_01

Casual PTCGO Player
Lots of gorgeous artwork here, especially Regigigas VSTAR. I'm glad Eternatus finally has a non-multiprize card and a card that reflects its Dragon type, though I wonder when it will ever get a non-Rule Box card.
If they haven't done it by now, its not gonna happen in the SwSh block.

Marcia Demme

Aspiring Trainer
This set feels like a much better send-off to this era than Sun and Moon got honestly. I wish we would've had stuff like this at the end of S&M.

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
This set feels like a much better send-off to this era than Sun and Moon got honestly. I wish we would've had stuff like this at the end of S&M.
What do you mean? Cosmic Eclipse was a great concluding set for the English SM era, and Tag All Stars GX was a great concluding set for the JP SM era. VSTAR Universe is basically executing the same concept as the latter.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
I'm really happy about Hatterene VMAX. The alt art is super pretty, and while it won't really do anything at tournaments, it's still playable and can be fun to use on ladder. Moving damage counters means that having a 4/4 line isn't going to be redundant/wasteful since you can effectively "heal" up to 80 damage per turn while also softening up your opponent, especially when backed by non-Cheryl healing cards like Lucky Ice Pop or what have you, and the guaranteed confusion from the attack can supplement this annoying longevity playstyle.

... also... COME ON! SIMISEAR GOT A VSTAR OVER INFERNAPE!? WITH VSTARS BEING INTRODUCED WHILE GEN 4 WAS RELEVANT!? (meanwhile Torterra fans are screaming at me "AT LEAST YOU HAVE A V" from the corner).

Last edited:

sonicjms

Bench, Call, Ride, Summon, Cast
Eternatus seems bad I think? The fact that your turn ends using it means that you're probably better off just quick balling two Vs out and evolving them next turn (or whenever is convientent)

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
At this point seeing cards as broken as Radiant Eternatus just makes me laugh. The fact that prizing/1-turning this card can essentially lose you the game immediately is just classic, can't have a Standard without deciding the game on Turn 1.
Scarlet/Violet can't come soon enough.

Prof. Lev

Gotta pull 'em all!
Finally, I thought they were gonna do the dirty on Hatterene! I'd say my pokedex is happy but that shiny Eternatus is so playable, I can see it's gonna cost me more than I want to pay