TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!
RE: Neo Redux. UPDATE: Help wanted!

Updated with more cards -- Kanto starters!

Do you mean label the new cards in the first post, Yak? That's the only place I post them, so they're not hard to find. In any case, I was in a hurry and couldn't off the top of my head remember each card I updated (there were more than a few) so I didn't bother mentioning specifics.

YakobTheRed

Blarghargharghargh!

I just meant post them in your latest post as well. But yeah, cool cards, especially Scyther and Charmeleon.

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

Wow... the Charizard is amazing! I'm loving these starters here :)

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Thanks, guys Hopefully I can make an impressive Wartortle and Blastoise.

As for posting my latest cards in a post, Yak, I'll try it...but I often post multiple cards at a time and don't want to go overboard posting pictures. But if it would make viewing easier, then I'll definitely do it if there's only one or two new cards!

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

^You could just post links in the latest post so it's easier ;)

Also, I must do moar spoilers for ya. Any particular Pokémon or should I just do random stuff like I have been doing?

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Flame Claw said:
^You could just post links in the latest post so it's easier ;)

Also, I must do moar spoilers for ya. Any particular Pokémon or should I just do random stuff like I have been doing?

Good call on the links -- guess I'm just slow today. Haha.

And random stuff would be awesome, thanks!

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

I now present...

blastoisef.png

...Blastoise, in its non-"scanned" look!

Bulbabuddy

The King of Gloom
RE: Neo Redux. UPDATE: Blastoise!

Amazing. Simply amazing. Enough of my praise, keep up the great work. I don't understand the picture on the first post though. Explain?

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

As always, BB, thanks!

About the picture -- when I collected the cards, I stored them in Pokédex order, thinking how cool it was to see how varied the types and Pokémon themselves could be. While actually printing them isn't a possibility, I decided to Photoshop the cards together so I can recreate that feeling.

It essentially serves a variety of purposes; the above reasoning, of course, as well as a cool way to see the work come together and to track my progress -- to give me a visible goal. In short, a motivating tool. I've done the other pages up to the beginning of the 2nd gen as well.

Bulbabuddy

The King of Gloom

Oh I see. It looks very realistic, haha cool picture. I like how Blastoise looks in that pic, adds a real feel to it.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

I was aiming for realistic -- thanks! I've already had a few people think they were actually printed out.

Anyway, closing out the Kanto starters...
wartortle.png

Bulbabuddy

The King of Gloom

You have superb balance for all the cards you're making. KEEEEPPPPGOOOIINNG

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

Whoo! It's like...a MARATHON.

beedrill.png
butterfree.png

Yep -- the cards aren't printed (although I have printed out the starters just for fun). Photoshop, baby! It'll probably save me a few hundred bucks in the ink these suckers would cost! :p

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf

Awesome choice of artwork. :3

That's true. I don't know how many $50 ink cartridges I've been out...

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black
RE: Neo Redux. UPDATE: Bugs! Bugs!

Blastinator: I really like what you've done with the artwork - no-one ever seems to make use of holo like that in the faking industry :p
Wartifier: Looking pretty amazing ;P
Beedrill: Nice, but wouldn't it be [P] rather than [P] energy-wise? I'm not sure it just seems what would be right :p
Butterfree: Same thing, but card looks freakin' realistic :D

YakobTheRed

Blarghargharghargh!

Blastoise is awesome. Great stuff there. Love Beedrill's art too.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member

I really like the Blastoice one that is one of the best ones. I also like the Articuno one. Great job with the cards.

CMP

Now with 400% more Neo!

As always -- thanks, guys!

FC -- I've found experimented a LOT with the holo to make it more realistic than the "Color Dodge&Multiply" dual layers. A third layer is the key -- but what blending mode works best depends on the artwork itself. Often, it's Color Burn (which gives the background a little more color and makes the holo "spots" match the color of the background a little better).

But no, it's no longer [P] -- I'm essentially using the order the types are found in the Pokédex. A good key is to follow my symbolsheet (and my signiture, actually -- which needs to be updated!) with the exceptions of moving Metal and Colorless after Darkness. I think part of the reason it doesn't look right is because of the cards themselves being Bug, but it's something I'll consider (although I don't think it looks too bad on the symbolsheet)!

EDIT: Everyone's favorite pink puffball....Jigglypuff! Remember: I'll be posting the fresh, PS'd version in my posts, but the main list will be the version with that "scanned" look. Which one does everyone prefer?

Flame Claw

Blue, dressed in black

I was saying that as I thought majority always ruled - that the type there were most of always went first, then the other types would go in the order you stated. I may be wrong though :p