TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux: Welcome to Kalos. UPDATE: Should've posted this beast earlier...(11/3)

I'll be honest, it's weird seeing so many unfinished cards again. Thankfully there's only 69 97 100 102 104 cards to make this generation!

Anyway...
Skrelp.png

As much as I enjoy and appreciate likes, I also like reading your thoughts via comments, too. <3

RE: Neo Redux: Welcome to Kalos. UPDATE: Should've posted this beast earlier...(11/3)

Then I'm going to like and comment 'cause I'm cool like that. :cool:

I love the artwork on Skrelp. Just menacing enough for a rotten sea monster.

CMP said:
I'll be honest, it's weird seeing so many unfinished cards again. Thankfully there's only 69 97 100 102 104 cards to make this generation!

Anyway...
Skrelp.png

As much as I enjoy and appreciate likes, I also like reading your thoughts via comments, too. <3

I can see skrelp mix right in with the halloween crowd with the scray looking eye. The attack combination bring back memories.. can't wait to see Dragalge

Do you still need spoilers for 6th gen mon?

If you'd like to make some, then absolutely...otherwise, don't feel obligated or anything. I've got the Gogoat and Pyroar lines completed.

Such a goofy Pokémon that I had to make it! I dig its concept. Haven't trained one yet (Florges <3), but I might in my playthrough of Y.

Klefki.png

RE: Neo Redux: Welcome to Kalos. UPDATE: Where'd I put them? (11/6/13)

I think this is your most Neo-looking Kalos Pokémon card. The style is reminiscent of CR CG gangs mixed with Yuka Morii. Easily my favorite of your Kalos cards so far!

Damn... I should come up with something as awesome as that for my text-based CaC. I wish it was real.

Thanks, guys! It looks like you came up with something similar anyway, Fraxureking!

And Alex, while I do initially search for Neo-looking artwork, I usually just end up asking permission to use a piece that I deem is the best looking of the available art of the Pokémon, regardless of how "Neo" it looks. :p I'm glad this one fit both categories!

Question for you guys...
Now that we know how Mega Evolution works in the TCG, should I incorporate the turn-ending rule? I'd like to keep the part about if a Pokémon is Knocked Out, devolve the Mega (and shuffle it back into your deck), but I'm not sure.

Something like..."Put the Mega Evolution on top of the Pokemon it Mega Evolves from. When you do, your turn ends. If a Pokémon in play is Knocked Out, devolve the Mega Pokémon and shuffle it into your deck."

RE: Neo Redux: Welcome to Kalos. UPDATE: Question for you guys...

I say go one way or the other. Ending your turn is one thing. Having to shuffle the Mega back into your deck just for knocking one pokemon out is another.
Does that apply to when the mega is knocked out as well?

No, when the Mega is Knocked Out you'd discard like normal.

I agree with Keeper of Night - one or the other would be best in my opinion. Having both just sounds like it'd be annoying to use. :0

@The cards - As always, truly awesome. I don't get to comment often but I'm always watching for updates and you never disappoint. Can't wait to see Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde.

Thanks for your input, guys!

I agree that having one or the other would be best. Now the question is which rule to keep? The original one, meant to invoke feelings of the "one per battle" rule, or the one used in the TCG? Not really sure which way to lean. I like the TCG rule but I don't plan on making the cards too terribly powerful, and I'm afraid losing a turn might not justify the slight power increase.

Thanks Xous, you know I always love when you comment! It means a lot coming from such a respected artist in the fandom. If you'd ever like to contribute art.... ;)

I feel like shuffling it in would be better, these aren't Pokémon-EX with 200+ HP and Broken Attacks.

Fletchling nexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxt

Onnegai

I'm not sure I like your original rule. Having to shuffle it back for what seems like such an arbitrary condition doesn't really feel like it fits the idea. Why would sniping be an effective strategy against Mega Evolutions? If you want to go down the hard-to-play Stage3 route I'd simply copy the Lv. X rule, which makes a lot of sense for Megas when you think about it. Having to be active is what's actually the case in the games as well, skipping a turn or arbitrarily losing it seems unrelated in comparison. Another fun mechanic might be to simply make them evolvable and devolvable at will, which would allow you to play around with types and attack power and as apposed to the other rules it would allow you to keep the cards relatively weak, as the ability itself would be powerful enough. It seems like this could be especially fun considering your use of every VG type. If the choice is between your rule and the official TCG one, I'd pick yours, though. The TCG one does seem like it necessitates far too much of a power increase, especially if you're making them Stage3s. I definitely wouldn't combine them, that would probably make them unplayable.

As an aside, the set's pretty amazing. It shames me to admit I don't seem to remember it, as it was apparently posted before my sudden 2 year disappearance. It's quite amazing what you've done in that time.

CMP said:
If you'd ever like to contribute art.... ;)

I'll definitely try to come up with artwork for you if I get the time. :0 I've got some ideas for Zygarde art if I ever get around to it...

Man, I'm having very interesting ideas to decklists and strategies with this collection, but... I'm really missing Trainers/Suporters here D:

Can't make a Deck List without them. Unless the collection really has no trainer. Then the format will get crazier, and I'll have to complement the list I'm setting up, hahah.

@Edit

I'm talking about only NEO Redux format, not about the real competitive PTCG. I want to talk with you about this after we make our trade at XY.

Haha I love that you're trying to come up with strategies with the set, Nitros! There's certainly enough cards to at least make SOME kind of workable deck.

As for the lack of Trainer/Supporter cards...well, I designed the set to be a fifth Neo set. Ergo, it's designed to be used with cards that were legal at that time. Originally, I was going to split it up into various sets, much like how the cards were really split, but this way would be easier as I can continue indefinitely with the "/???" set number.

If you have ideas for Trainers, though, we can talk and there's a possibility I can include them as promos.

I just look at the Neo trainers, and what I missing is a trainer to search Pokémon, like the Ultra, Level or Heavy Ball that we have today. Well, Neo Collection is Gold-Silver-Crystal's sister, right? So, we have the man thar uses apricorns to make pokéballs. I think that this can be usefull to make new trainers =)

@Edit

Anyway, I finally finished my decklist on Neo Redux Format =D
I wish I could have an oponent to test my list, I really like it T^T

Taking the ideas above in consideration, you could make a "Kurt" Supporter to search for a Pokeball. :)

Back