TCG Fakes Neo Redux: A Triumphant Return? (Image Based) // Gee, you're big.

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready? UPDATE: Poll to choose what's next!

Awesome. The Neo sets were by far my favorites in the TCG. I really, really like these.

As for your next (or sometime in the future) fake, how about a cute lil' Mew? Or a Shining Pokemon!

Thanks, Nekoban Ryo! A Mew is definitely an option! I may or may not do Shining Pokémon, though -- I'd have to find a good texture to simulate the foil used in the Neo Destiny set.

That's excellent, thanks! I'll have to give it a shot.

And oh man, everyone -- poll is close (2-2-2-1). Next to get a vote will win.

Thanks. :)

Oh noes! Looks like the weather trio got it. D:
Oh well, at least Rayquaza is cool.

Yep, I've started on the Weather Trio. Thanks to all who voted.

Now, some questions for you guys. As some of you know, I plan on retconning certain Pokémon into my custom types while also making versions of their original types. For Cosmic, I plan on making the Clefairy line, Lunatone, Solrock, Beldum line, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Cresselia; for sound, the Jigglypuff, Whismur, Chatot, Kricketot, and Chimecho lines; and finally, for light (using as both "good" and physical light), the Chansey line, Togepi line, Chinchou line, Ampharos, possibly those involved with the Sun Stone (Bellossom, Sunkern, Sunflora). Remember, it's all in fun.

So I'm asking you guys -- any suggestions? Let me know.

One could argue that any Pokemon associated with Moon Stone evolution would be fit for a Cosmic type.

I like the Parasect.

You could do Espeon as part-light due to it's evolution :D

Good point, PMJ, although I have trouble viewing the Nidos as cosmic types. I'm glad you like the Parasect -- thanks!

And FC, I was debating whether or not to make Espeon light. Perhaps I will.

Thanks for all your input! The weather trio is up now!

I'm loving the new cards especially the Groudon, although the Ground blank will take some getting used to :p

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready?

CMP said:
Thanks!

Well, I'm sure you you're familiar with the old TCG type symbols so I won't discuss those, but between Grass and Fire is Poison, then as you move to the right the new type symbols are Flying, Bug and Ground on the top row. On the bottom row, new types from left to right include Rock, Ice, Ghost, and Dragon. If you need any explanations for symbols, I'd be happy to give some!

Neat! I like the MissingNo. The best card there by far, IMO.;)

Flame Claw said:
I'm loving the new cards especially the Groudon, although the Ground blank will take some getting used to :p

Haha why's that, mate?

It's just a strange colour :D It's not used that often :p

0.0... I would be an awesome faker, but I dont have the illustration resources... WHOA... That is one awesome +reads out the name of every pokemon in your set+

Flame Claw said:
It's just a strange colour :D It's not used that often :p

Haha...it is, but with it I accomplished two things: 1) something that could stand out, and 2) brown with a hint of green to symbolize the ground as best as possible. I took the HL Ground and beefed up the intensity, which the Neo blanks in general seem to do color-wise.

sirrileyaaron said:
0.0... I would be an awesome faker, but I don't have the illustration resources... WHOA... That is one awesome +reads out the name of every pokemon in your set+

Thanks, sirrileyarron! Let me know if you have any ideas for the set -- I'm open to suggestions (and help). I'd certainly love for others to be part of this massive undertaking.

Kyogre in the Kyogre card seems to look more like a Dolphin. I expecially really liked the Groudon one and the Rayquaza one.
But Groudon beats them all. :)

Haha it kind of does, but I didn't have any better artwork and I try to stay away from overused pictures (the picture in the rain from the animé, Sugimori).

New computer, new cards!

My laptop is pretty much dead, so why not release some Ghosts to celebrate my new iMac!

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready? UPDATE: Ghosts, ghosts, ghosts, and ghosts!

Spelled Spiritomb as "Spirtomb." Good job though! This is really cool.

RE: Neo Redux. Are you ready? UPDATE: Ghosts, ghosts, ghosts, and ghosts!

6-Dimension said:
Spelled Spiritomb as "Spirtomb." Good job though! This is really cool.

Whoops -- thanks for catching that. Fixed!

Back