JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
Pokemon today released a new trailer for Pokemon Scarlet and Pokemon Violet, which releases on November 18th this year.

Pokemon provided a handful of official screenshots from the games, including an especially adorable pic of Sprigatito.

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_15-200x113.jpg

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_1-200x113.jpg

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_2-200x113.jpg

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_3-200x113.jpg

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_4-200x113.png

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_5-200x113.jpg

Pokemon_SV_Screenshot_6-200x113.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
There's nothing to comment about the gameplay, since none was shown, so the only question is - where is the art direction? The graphics already look extremely dated and now the characters look like generic mobile game models. I really wonder how they'll put them next to Ash in the anime.

micahmoomoo3

Aspiring Trainer
Kind of wishing Miraidon would be a new type of pokemon called like tech or something but sadly, I think he will just be a steel type. My guess is Koraidon will be fire dragon type, and Miraidon will be a steel electric type.

Last edited:

Dragon

TheDragonEmpire
M going for scarlet, I love that dragon (hope it is dragon type and still better than zacian)

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
There's a great comment on the trailer pointing out a past vs future theme for these games. Sada seems to refer to "pasada" which is the female conjugation of the Spanish word for past, and Turo seems to refer to "futuro," the male conjugation of future. It's seen in the designs for the professors and legendaries too.

Edit: A friend mentioned that it's in the names of KORAIdon and MIRAIdon too. Korai referring to ancient/time-honored in Japanese, and mirai meaning future. (I didn't know korai before, but I'm unsure how I missed mirai. lol)

I just wish Nemora was the base model for the female playable character.

Last edited:

WillyCharizard

Aspiring Trainer
Its that supposed to be the region Pikachu? Cause looks like the uglyest Pikachu I have ever seen, Togedemaru looks weird back then but dindt think it was as ugly as this one

I really wish they would called the games Past and Future, would be more interesting than Scarlet and Violet

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
The game looks so promising,way better than Sword and Shield and Legends!
Every Pokémon has new sprites besides the XY ones.
Also the legendary are so cool seriously.Never seen better legendaries since Ultra Necrozma.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't know why both the professors are hot but I am here for it. Can't wait to learn their stories, hopefully they're not just palette swaps of each other.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Version exclusive professors?? That's a first.
I'm surprised they didn't reveal the evil "Team Rocket" of this gen.

Two of the early route Pokemon are named after Twitter memes. What a time to be alive.
What is a Twitter meem??

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Ok guys I have this theory that each legendaries might have a different theme,like Ho-Oh and Lugia.
Because both the professors and the protagonists change depending on the versions,why not the legendary music?Also Koraidon and Miraidon give different vibes to each other,imagine a solemn Ancient Chinese song for Scarlet and technologic song for the purple one.

Chicken008

Aspiring Trainer
Yes! I love olives! Olive Pokemon FTW!
The lack of voices in the trailer just makes the game seem cheap though.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Thoughts:
-somewhat indifferent on the new mons. Lechonk is the best name ever given to a Pokémon though
-the legendaries… I’m kind of into. I like the design of the Scarlet legendary more, but I love the colour scheme of the Violet one
-with the two professors I’m hoping that’s an indicator that there are gonna be substantial differences between the two games
-I think I’m fully buying the whole past/future rumours that have been circulating.
-I really like the boxart for the games
On the website it mentions that the region is fully explorable and not in an order dictated by the story. Does this mean that gyms can be done in any order?

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Safe to guess that, based on rumored typings and their color schemes, the mascots' Dragon energies in the TCG will be Fighting+Fire and Electric+Psychic.

I hope Smoliv evolves into something interesting and the Normal typing wasn't just slapped on it for no reason. It's pretty indistinguishable from all the other "walking bulb" Grass-types but its face is pretty cute.

LightYearLiam

I like Koraidon and Miraidon, but they look more like characters you'd find on deviantArt than Pokemon. Still cool though.

There definitely seems to be a traditional vs. futuristic vibe with the professors and legendaries, and I love it!

Ranger64

Mewtwo Mastermind
Kind of wishing Miraidon would be a new type of pokemon called like tech or something but sadly, I think he will just be a steel type. My guess is Koraidon will be fire dragon type, and Miraidon will be a steel electric type.
I agree that Koraidon will be dragon fire, but I'm thinking that Miraidon will actually be steel dragon, and we'll just be getting two dragon types. I have used past pokemon designs to look towards the future of pokemon and their typings! (See what I did there?)