Nekoban's Fake Cards

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I've had "artist block" for about a month now, so I haven't been able to draw anything, but I still wanted to do something creative. I used to make fake Pokemon cards nearly all the time, but I started doing it less and less until I rarely did so at all. I usually made my fake cards with my illustrations, but over the past few months, I've not been able to produce many Pokemon pictures at all.

- Aki the Tanuki ~Illustrated by me
- Classic-style Electrode ~Illustrated by me
- Classic-style Articuno (GB remake, misprint) ~Illustrated by me
- Machamp R (Dark Machamp remake) ~Illustrated by Mitsuhiro Arita
- Ho-Oh TT ~Illustrated by Ken Sugimori
- Ho-Oh TT (holo print-out) ~Illustrated by Ken Sugimori
- Notched-ear Pichu ~Pokemon Movie 12
- Alex's Froslass ~Illustrated by me
- Raikou, Entei, and Suicune BT ~Illustrated by Ken Sugimori ~NEW~

- Pikachu (Neo Genesis remake) ~Template by me ~Illustrated by Naoyo Kimura
- Magnemite (Gym remake, non-gym) ~Template by me ~Illustrated by Atsuko Nishida

comingsoon.png

It shouldn't be too much longer until these new custom templates will be available for your use. ;)

Dude, when you smash that block you totally should check out the fakemon competition : )

Loving the classic cards, the style is spot on. Particularly Electrode. Nice job!

scampy said:
Dude, when you smash that block you totally should check out the fakemon competition : )

Loving the classic cards, the style is spot on. Particularly Electrode. Nice job!

I might do that. I've designed several Fakemon. Thanks.

safariblade said:
those are really good.
keep it up man, and hopefully the block will be over

Thanks, on both 'counts.

Cannot wait to see all of your templates. Can you give me the link to them?

These are wonderful cards you have. I love the non-holo Ho-Oh the best. It is ridiculously similiar to the template of a real Pokemon card and everything seems to match in like if you pulled it out of a pack. I also like your illustrations especially of the trainer you drew. Nice job! I agree with scampy. You should check out the fakemon competition! :3

- Luigi

LuckyLuigi7 said:
These are wonderful cards you have. I love the non-holo Ho-Oh the best. It is ridiculously similiar to the template of a real Pokemon card and everything seems to match in like if you pulled it out of a pack. I also like your illustrations especially of the trainer you drew. Nice job! I agree with scampy. You should check out the fakemon competition! :3

- Luigi

Yeah, Cascade does a really good job with his blanks. All I did was recolor it slightly, make the new type, and fill it out. Thanks. :)

It has been a while since I last made a fake featuring my own artwork, but since I got my art back (so it seems), I decided to make one.
I'm pretty satisfied with this illustration, but I totally failed at trying to make my trainer icon. ><

fros2.png

^It's very very cute....but the picture is camourflaged within the holo/sparkles....maybe you can make it a tad darker (the pic that is).

It's meant to look camouflaged. It gives it more of a ghost-like appearance (which ties in with the Yuki-Onna myth). Thanks for commenting.

While it is camouflaged, the Pokémon is a little too hard to see; I would prefer if you made it less transparent.

Muddy68 said:
It is awesome, kind of like it is in a snowstorm.
Exactly! Thanks. :)

safariblade said:
I like it!
you should add it to the first post
Done. Thanks for the comment. :)

Zyflair said:
While it is camouflaged, the Pokémon is a little too hard to see; I would prefer if you made it less transparent.
You might prefer it less transparent, but that wasn't what I was aiming for. Froslass is based on a Yuki-Onna (snow woman) which is described to be so white that it blends in with the surrounding snow and is even said to be transparent.

Thanks to Xous for my new Sugi-style trainer icon, I have updated my previous Froslass card.

fros3.png

Thank you so much. :)

They were supplied by Fangking. It seems like his link died, so I uploaded the file to my Photobucket:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb312/uhlone/symbolsheetyb3.png

Back